SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-21, 01:13 PM   #7666
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 02:06 PM   #7667
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
[...] Fact of the matter is that governments across the planet have unequivocally demonstrated exactly how incompetent and self-serving they all are [...]
In that we can agree!
Quote:
... by their continued willingness to take advise from "experts" who have been proven wrong time and time again.
But not in that. Humans can be wrong in or about whatever, from 'experts' to idiots. Just who shall dumb politicians ask, if not experts. A good argument why career or money politicians with no idea of science should become anything else, but never get the power of decision-making.
In the case of Germany i think scientists did and do a good job overall, but they never had real influence on political or a certain national swinishness and egotism.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 02:32 PM   #7668
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

It's a new ballgame folks:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cd...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote:
A total of 346 of those cases, or around three in four patients, were in fully vaccinated people. A majority of those had symptoms and nearly all had the delta variant. However, no deaths were reported and only five were hospitalized, suggesting the vaccine's goal of reducing the severity of the disease remained successful.
Suggests the vaccine reduces severity. Suggests? Not confirmed. Honestly, does the vaccine truly work? The jury is still out for me.
Old 07-30-21, 03:27 PM   #7669
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
It's a new ballgame folks:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cd...?ocid=msedgntp

Suggests the vaccine reduces severity. Suggests? Not confirmed. Honestly, does the vaccine truly work? The jury is still out for me.
Just look at JimBuna's daily stats for the UK. The same trends will be in all Western nations. Look at the *rate of change* of cases, not the overall case count. It will tell you how quickly cases are rising and what the inflection point will be. Lol at the hospitalizations and deaths rate of change as well.

One can easily see these are short sharp spikes with relatively miniscule hospitalizations and deaths.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 03:30 PM   #7670
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Mind you, 1-4 can be said for all viruses.
And people using seat belts when driving, still occaisonalyl die in car accidents.

But compare that to the number of traffic deaths if no seat belts are being used alltogether.
Old 07-30-21, 03:33 PM   #7671
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:

Fact of the matter is that governments across the planet have unequivocally demonstrated exactly how incompetent and self-serving they all are by their continued willingness to take advise from "experts" who have been proven wrong time and time again.
Sweden is a good example-Here the government followed the experts advise on the letter and today more than 14.600 have died with covid-19, since first case back in March 2020.
There is around 10.000.000 citizens in Sweden.

Denmark is a little different here the government so to say pick advise as they feel fit. The last few days the expert has said that people should not get their corona passport before 2nd shot vaccine, and not as it is today, where Danes can get this passport already after first shot vaccine. Government has reject this and has no plane on changing it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 03:37 PM   #7672
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And people using seat belts when driving, still occaisonalyl die in car accidents.

But compare that to the number of traffic deaths if no seat belts are being used alltogether.
Your analogy does not vaguely compare between a virus and seatbelts.
Old 07-30-21, 03:41 PM   #7673
Catfish

^^ Mapuc, wasn't it Sweden which promoted "herd immunity" at first, until they changed their mind? So they did not listen to experts or anyone at first. Without 'adjusting' at last the death toll would have been higher.
It is ok if some say that it does no matter since mankind will not die out with or without vaccine. But I propose that those should then not seek advice in hospitals or from doctors in case of illness, let nature run its course. And if your parents, kids or friends die because Faux News told you, hey no problem.

Old 07-30-21, 03:43 PM   #7674
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Just look at JimBuna's daily stats for the UK. The same trends will be in all Western nations. Look at the *rate of change* of cases, not the overall case count. It will tell you how quickly cases are rising and what the inflection point will be. Lol at the hospitalizations and deaths rate of change as well.

One can easily see these are short sharp spikes with relatively miniscule hospitalizations and deaths.
You will not going to argument from me.
Old 07-30-21, 03:48 PM   #7675
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^^ Mapuc, wasn't it Sweden which promoted "herd immunity" at first, until they changed their mind? So they did not listen to experts or anyone at first. Without 'adjusting' at last the death toll would have been higher.
It is ok if some say that it does no matter since mankind will not die out with or without vaccine. But I propose that those should then not seek advice in hospitals or from doctors in case of illness, let nature run its course. And if your parents, kids or friends die because Faux News told you, hey no problem.
Herd immunity was the Swedish experts goal. As I remember it was better that the Swedes got infected so this herd immunity could be a reality. It was also important to protect the vulnerable in which the government failed to do. A majority of those who died was the elderly and/or people with underlaying disease.

Markus

Old 07-30-21, 03:54 PM   #7676
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:

Where's the news? when was the last time that somebody said vaccines protect 100% infection? Since as long as I can remember in this story they said the Covid 19 vaccine does reduce probabilities for gettign infected, infetcing others, suffering a serious cause, dying of it.

PROBABILTIES always were the argument. Mine. "Theirs". No company ever said "100% prevention of infection."

Many such "ineffective" vaccines are mandatory. I had renewed my Tetanus, Diphteria and Polio earlier this year, and it should be done every ten years. Flu vaccine has a low efficiency, varying from year to year between around just 25 and 50% only, and needs to be done every year. Vaccinations of children against measels and pocks are mandatory in Germany.

I am truly suppressed by state and society. How dare they...?? I am so unfree, it feels like in a Gulag! What have they done to me when I was small and innocent and could not protect myself form them? And has anybody ever cared to ask me before jabbing me against measels ands pocks?
Old 07-30-21, 03:57 PM   #7677
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Your analogy does not vaguely compare between a virus and seatbelts.
Ach...? Das is ja 'n Ding!
Old 07-30-21, 03:58 PM   #7678
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

What I have learned about these vaccines.

1. They protect the vaccinated from being infected from 67 % and up to(sorry can't remember)
2. If the vaccinated should get infected by this Delta variant the vaccine protect the person up to 93/94 % from getting severe ill.

(I could remember wrong or misunderstod what's been told in the news)

Markus

Old 07-30-21, 04:00 PM   #7679
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And I do not want to need to pay for them. I am deliberately not solidaric with stupids, irresponsibles, selfish, and premeditated originators.
Old 07-30-21, 04:06 PM   #7680
Catfish

The people refusing to get vaccinated will be the reason we will have another lockdown.
And they will be the first to bitch about it when they are to blame.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan