SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-19, 04:04 AM   #106
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

oh look the one trick pony returns, read the topic header. Its the Turkish-Kurdish dilema. Since world war II we have always had a crap ton of troops stationed around the world I have absolutley no problem that. The question is why Syria? Why are the U.S., Brits and France involved? Why are we supporing one Islamic militant faction over another. With your self proclaimed treasure trove of facts, study and law do you have a clue why? Which islamic militant faction do you support? Im begining too understand the goal and I also have come to the conclusion there is no such thing as isolated incidents over there. I would love to hear your opinion why we are over there and why we should stay. If you say its for freedom and democracey or mention Trump you go on my list of people to ignore.

Yes I know we do not have ground troops there now. But I'll bet ya dollars to donuts we are paying for most of this endevour and still supplying arms and technical support to the Kurds. The fight is not over neither is our involvement.

oh and to Skybird buddy oh friend of mine . I dont for a moment care what the NATO GenSec says. I know why he did, appeasement as you say politbabble. Same reason why Trump did what he did appease his voters and poltibabble. But as I said I believe we still very much involved. Hell three of worlds largest arms dealers U.S. Europe and Russia are neck deep in it.

Europe is now crawling with angry Turks. If say Germany openly supported operations against Turkey you all would probably have a major uprising on your hands. Poor Germany, in an attempt to atone for the sins of their fathers. Have invited with open arms a culture just like that of their fathers and even have been known to admire their ideology.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-21-19 at 05:00 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-19, 05:01 PM   #107
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

A couple of years old but gives you an idea what our taxpayers are spending their money on. It is common knowledge that most of the weapons the US has supplied to these fighters has ended up in the hands of Al-Qaeda and ISIS. Told ya you had to be careful about supplying weapons as they might be pointed back at you.

https://balkaninsight.com/2017/09/12...ia-09-12-2017/

Interesting thing I found out too since before 2017 Turkey and Iran both stand against Saudi in respect of the Qatar crisis. This of course persuaded the Saudis to become a thorn in Turkey's side and they now support Kurdish independence. Which I think may have also been a reason why the execution of Jamal Kashoggi in 2018 became such a media sensation. Used by Turkey and the Muslim Brotherhood in an attempt to alienate the Saudis from the western political, economic and military support. It almost worked.

And I will say too that I agree wholeheartedly everything that Skybird has said about Turkey and Erdogan. But how and why we are in Syria is a freaking hard story to grasp right now. But I'm putting together some pieces.

How we got there was for the purpose of regime change. When then President Obama announced back in 2011 that Assad had to go, unfortunately he did little if anything at all to make this happen. Syrians I think expected that when the leader of the world's superpower made such a statement, it would have value. Obama talked big but in 2015 Putin called his bluff and Assad remains in power to this day. Joe Biden, admitted: "Big nations don't bluff." that was embarrassing.

Next plan for regime change was around 2015, recruit and arm a U.S. backed Free Syrian Army in Syria this became formal in the spring of 2016. A nice present to our current president. Unfortunately this predominately sunni army could not stand up and survive against Syrian and Russian forces.

Here we are in 2019. After two failed attempts at regime change it seems its time to support Kurdish nationalism in an attempt to undermine Turkish ambitions and Syrian, Iraqi, Iranian, Hezbollah grasp on the region a.k.a. the “Shia crescent” . The results of this new strategy is obvious as we see escalating conflicts between the Kurdish militia and Syrian and Turkish armies. U.S. forces may have moved out of Syria but I bet ya dollars to donuts they are now in or very near the Kurdish area of Iraq. I expect to see in the media a 'reason' to go back into Syria. This could really turn into a big sheet storm in the middle east if that happens though.

So, the way I see it if we cant conduct a simple regime change operation. We will instead create a new nation in order for us to have someone to protect and to use to advance our national interests! Saudi Kingdom not happy with Muslim Brotherhood influence in their own state and a predominately a Sunni nation I'm sure will agree.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-21-19 at 08:02 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 10:41 AM   #108
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

The sooner we pull out if the ME, the better.
Old 10-23-19, 10:54 AM   #109
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The Shadow Home Secretary is acting herself again

I'll get my coat

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 11:16 AM   #110
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Few days ago I read Mike Pompeo sayin

Trump would not hesitate to attack Turkey if needed.

This made me wonder what would happen-geopolitical and strategy in the long run, if USA did or do attack Turkey.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 11:23 AM   #111
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Read the entire article Markus, it may help you come to your own conclusion.

Quote:
Russian President Vladimir Putin meets his Turkish opposite number to underscore Moscow's role as the would-be guarantor of stability in the region. Russia and Turkey will soon be mounting joint patrols to help delineate the boundary of the new, so-called security zone. Meanwhile, withdrawing US special forces vehicles are pelted with vegetables and rubbish as they leave their erstwhile Kurdish allies to their fate.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50152390

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 11:54 AM   #112
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Few days ago I read Mike Pompeo sayin

Trump would not hesitate to attack Turkey if needed.

This made me wonder what would happen-geopolitical and strategy in the long run, if USA did or do attack Turkey.

Markus
Now Russia and Turkey are patrolling the former border the USA was defending. If you attack Turkey ... you attack Russia.

What a great nation Syria has become fighting rebels using Iran, Russia, Turkey and their own poor pitiful army and they still can't control their own destiny.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 12:35 PM   #113
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I get the impresson that as soon as the Kurds have withdrawn from the border, they will be crushed by Assad, with a smiling Putin and Erdoghan being as proud of their betrayal as Trump.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 01:29 PM   #114
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Could also be that they dissolve into Assad's army.

Meanwhile, the little boy in the big white house has stopped sanctions against Turkey, saying that his big bad buddy Erdoghan has whispered something to him. He also claims that all is good, everybody was saved from everything, and that all this good is only due to his ingenious leadership. And things in Normandy go well, too, thanks for asking.

Yeah Donny, you're the greatest once again, we once again dig it. The rest of the universe was only build to worship your unbelievable greatness and wisdom.
Old 10-23-19, 02:07 PM   #115
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The sooner we pull out of the ME, the better.
It's too late, we've already impregnated 'er.
Old 10-23-19, 02:31 PM   #116
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Could also be that they dissolve into Assad's army.

Meanwhile, the little boy in the big white house has stopped sanctions against Turkey, saying that his big bad buddy Erdoghan has whispered something to him. He also claims that all is good, everybody was saved from everything, and that all this good is only due to his ingenious leadership. And things in Normandy go well, too, thanks for asking.

Yeah Donny, you're the greatest once again, we once again dig it. The rest of the universe was only build to worship your unbelievable greatness and wisdom.
(Pure speculation)

What do you think will happen when or if Trump sees he's been dragged around by Erdogan or perhaps Putin ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 03:13 PM   #117
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
(Pure speculation)

What do you think will happen when or if Trump sees he's been dragged around by Erdogan or perhaps Putin ?
He will never see it that way, he stands too dark in his own ego's giant shadow. So dont worry, your question is hypothetical only and will never become relevant.
Old 10-23-19, 03:15 PM   #118
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Is your real name Schiff?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 03:15 PM   #119
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The Shadow Home Secretary is acting herself again

I'll get my coat
Really, I have no clue - joke or real?
Old 10-23-19, 03:18 PM   #120
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Is your real name Schiff?
No. Believe it or not, but my real second name deals with hellfire. No joke. But since I already got murder threats in real life once, I must not make it known in public here.