Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-15-20, 02:45 AM   #4336
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ You are joking, right?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 03:11 AM   #4337
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

No, he's dead serious!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 03:26 AM   #4338
Catfish

Ah.

Old 07-15-20, 05:09 AM   #4339
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

US pharmaceutical company Moderna entering final testing phase for its vaccine.

Phase one testing has proved safe and provoked an immune response, it says.

UK Health Minister Matt Hancock says masks will not be made compulsory in offices.

Hong Kong is bringing in strict new measures to counteract virus surge.

Dine-in restaurants must close from 6pm until 5am, while bars are closed entirely.

A South African minister and his wife have tested positive for the virus.

NZ PM Jacinda Ardern says they must prepare for new outbreaks, as the virus "explodes" globally.

Globally, there have been 13.3m confirmed cases since the outbreak began, and 578,000 deaths.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 05:31 AM   #4340
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The England and Manchester United footballer Marcus Rashford is to become the youngest person to receive an honorary degree from The University of Manchester.

A delay to an order of protective equipment (PPE) for NHS dentists in Northern Ireland could see some treatments pushed back, the British Dental Association is warning.

Police in Chile are training dogs to sniff out people who have Covid-19.

Mining companies in the Democratic Republic of Congo have been given a month to stop confining workers on site.

Police in Bangladesh have arrested the owner of a hospital amid allegations it had issued thousands of fake Covid-19 certificates.

Russia has reported a further 6,422 new cases of coronavirus, bringing its total to 746,369, the fourth highest in the world, reports Reuters news agency.
A total of 156 people died with the virus in the past 24 hours, say officials, bringing the official toll to 11,770.

A special Covid-19 police taskforce in Canberra, Australia, going door-to-door to check on self-isolating residents has been seeing more than it bargained for.
A number of people wearing little or no clothing answered the door to police officers checking for quarantine compliance,

Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro has been bitten by a rhea - a relative of the emu bird - while he quarantines at the presidential palace after testing positive for Covid-19, the country's media reports.

Catalonia has brought back some lockdown measures in a bid to contain a widening outbreak – including a decree asking people to stay at home. The Spanish region reportedly confirmed 745 cases in 24 hours on Tuesday. “We don't have to go back to total confinement, but we do have to go back to the early stages of reopening,” a government spokesperson said.

A new report published by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism has heavily criticised the EU response to the coronavirus pandemic, saying they found “complacency, confusion and a lack of coordination” in the early months of 2020.

Germany has issued a travel warning for its neighbour Luxembourg after a spike in cases. The country recorded 100 new confirmed infections on Tuesday, and now has more than 50 cases per 100,000 inhabitants.

Disneyland Paris slowly reopens on Wednesday after months of closure. Social distancing rules apply and masks must be worn at all times for visitors aged 11 and over.

North Macedonia is pushing ahead with parliamentary elections on Wednesday despite the ongoing outbreak – the first vote since the country controversially changed its name.

Old 07-15-20, 08:36 AM   #4341
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

After they already made it mandatory to wear masks in public (except on the beaches), the authorites of Mallorce have shut down many of the German party animals most favourite bars and pubs in the Germans' preferred partying hotspts of the Mallorca party miles. Reason is the excessive misbehaviour of German tourists. Spanish employees of whom you would think they benefit from toruiosts returening, have protested randomly against the Germans - I think that illustrates more than anythign else how far off the marks the German barbars are.
Old 07-15-20, 08:43 AM   #4342
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Trump administration has ordered hospitals to begin reporting their covid-19 statistics to the Department of Health and Human Services instead of CDC.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 09:34 AM   #4343
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Trump administration has ordered hospitals to begin reporting their COVID-19 statistics to the Department of Health and Human Services instead of CDC.
They are doing this because they want to hide from the media/people the number of cases of the virus in the USA. Trump doesn't like the high numbers and he is behind this BS. IMHO the hospitals should continue to report their case numbers to the CDC as before so that the people and press can know the truth about the number of cases. We should not politicize this virus and science should lead the way to the elimination of the virus.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 09:39 AM   #4344
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
US pharmaceutical company Moderna entering final testing phase for its vaccine.
What does this mean? Does mean we might have a vaccine by December?

I went to the VA yesterday and I saw them testing people that drive up and they even had a tent and men and women asking you questions before you could get in, but I just went in for my heart scan and left.

I just couldn't do it ... I chickened out on getting the test to find out

The place was weird with chairs staggered six feet apart everyone wearing mask and that mask got tiring after an hour wait.

I feel sorry for the people that have to work there day after day

I'm back safe in my man cave now and I doubt if I will venture out again
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 12:00 PM   #4345
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

I just couldn't do it ... I chickened out on getting the test to find out ops
And I understand you very well.

Here in Denmark and Sweden, there are two type of test

First is the one which tells you if you have had Corona or still have it.

Seeing it from a psychological point of view this test is bad.

Example you get tested and the result is positive...NOW do you have the Corona in your body and thereby risking getting more sick OR did you have corona virus in your body and they are now dead-your body have killed them.

As I have said to my friends, the day the test can see the different between living and dead corona virus, I may take the test...but only if I have some of the known symptoms.

The other test is the immunity test. Here they test you to see if you have developed anti-thing

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 12:05 PM   #4346
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-15-20, 03:01 PM   #4347
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
No, he's dead serious!
Why should democrats have all the fun of making totally baseless claims?
Old 07-15-20, 03:23 PM   #4348
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Do people in the US actually b eleuve these bizarre attempts by Trump's minions to now discredit Fauci and make him responsible for the murderous mismanagement by Führer Trump?

Lies, lying, lying all time long - this grrreat man's whole life seems to be a single big lie. Does he even exist - or is that maybe a lie, too?
Old 07-15-20, 04:32 PM   #4349
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1am View Post
They are doing this because they want to hide from the media/people the number of cases of the virus in the USA. Trump doesn't like the high numbers and he is behind this BS. IMHO the hospitals should continue to report their case numbers to the CDC as before so that the people and press can know the truth about the number of cases. We should not politicize this virus and science should lead the way to the elimination of the virus.

Maybe because some states are reporting nearly all deaths as covid related to jack up the numbers for political reasons.

Gun shot but also had the sniffles? - Covid death.
Get hit by a bus but tested positive? - Covid death.
Strangled by jealous husband while not wearing a mask? - Covid death.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 04:40 PM   #4350
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Do people in the US actually b eleuve these bizarre attempts by Trump's minions to now discredit Fauci and make him responsible for the murderous mismanagement by Führer Trump?
Lies, lying, lying all time long - this grrreat man's whole life seems to be a single big lie. Does he even exist - or is that maybe a lie, too?
You should know the Donald always needs a scapegoat he can fire

Meanwhile in the US - enjoy:

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan