Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-20, 04:52 AM   #4321
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Which countries are worst affected?
More than 13 million people have been infected with Covid-19 and that number is rising sharply.

Here are the worst affected countries in terms of overall caseloads:

US: 3,363,056 cases

Brazil: 1,884,967 cases

India: 878,254 cases

Russia: 732,547 cases

Peru: 330,123 cases

Here are the places where the most people have died:

US: 125,605 deaths

Brazil: 72,833 deaths

United Kingdom: 44,915 deaths

Mexico: 35,491 deaths

Italy: 34,967 deaths

This is all according to a running tally by Johns Hopkins University.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 05:26 AM   #4322
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

To enforce social distancing, a pub owner in Cornwall installed this:

An electric wire fence.

10 points for creative thinking!
Old 07-14-20, 07:34 AM   #4323
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

A shocking idea...

<O>
Old 07-14-20, 08:31 AM   #4324
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

This is the day I go in for a heart scan planned 3 and 1/2 months ago by the VA and what do I wake up to, but this news.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...134858952.html

Quote:
The coronavirus can damage the heart, according to a major new study which found abnormalities in the heart function of more than half of patients who had scans.

The new findings are significant because they add to a growing field of evidence that suggest coronavirus damages not only the heart but also other major organs.

The research, drawing on data from 69 countries, found that 55% of 1,261 patients scanned had abnormally functioning hearts.

Around one in seven patients who were scanned showed 'severe abnormalities' which were likely to have a significant impact on their chances of survival and recovery.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 08:43 AM   #4325
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
A shocking idea...
<O>
Beer is in the air everywhere I look around,
Beer is in the air every sight and every sound...

"Was guckst Du so stier, Bube? Warst Du in der Bierstube?"
"No, I got electroshocked!"
Old 07-14-20, 08:53 AM   #4326
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
This is the day I go in for a heart scan planned 3 and 1/2 months ago by the VA and what do I wake up to, but this news.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...134858952.html

This virus is indeed very, very serious and, as much as medicine seems to think they know, there is much yet to be found given this is such an unknown as to what it can affect or harm...

I want to wish you good luck on you scan and its results; if you will forgive me quoting Bill Clinton, honestly "I feel your pain" as someone who is currently going through the process of scans, etc.; hang tough...

<O>
Old 07-14-20, 09:30 AM   #4327
vienna
Navy Seal

Its become rather interesting to see how very many of those who publicly claimed Covid-19 is a hoax or that its not that bad a disease seem to be just as publicly suffering from the affliction and in a lot of the cases paying for their denials, sadly, with their lives; withing the past week, I have seen at least three reports of persons dying who had mocked or denied the seriousness of Covid-19, one who actually attended a "Covid-19 party" with the aim of demonstrating the disease is not as infectious as claimed; he might just as well have engaged in a round of Russian Roulette...

Just as interesting are the GOP governors and mayors, who previously also decided to back the White House line on Covid-19 ('just the flu', 'sniffles', 'it'll be gone by July', 'masks are unnecessary', etc.) who, now that their constituencies are being walloped by disease spikes, have 'found religion' and are backing away from the party line; I guess its kind of like a battlefield where the guys who have just come face to face with live fire and appreciate the strength of the enemy suddenly realize just how full of it the REMFs really are...

One such recently outspoken GOP governor is Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves who gave a very detailed and practical debunking of a favorite Far-Right Covid-19 argument:

Republican Gov Debunks Right-Wing Coronavirus Theory In Stirring Call For Masks --

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tate-...b6df6cc0b0852c

Gotta like a guy who can back up his points with cold, hard numbers and not just empty partisan political puffery...

<O>
Old 07-14-20, 12:19 PM   #4328
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-14-20, 12:20 PM   #4329
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-14-20, 03:56 PM   #4330
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

CLOSED CASES: 1,720,280
Cases which had an outcome:
1,581,328 (92%)
Recovered / Discharged

138,952 (8%)
Deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So at this rate, if everyone in the US contracts covid19, that means 13 million Americans will die.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 03:58 PM   #4331
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

Just as interesting are the GOP governors and mayors, who previously also decided to back the White House line on Covid-19 ('just the flu', 'sniffles', 'it'll be gone by July', 'masks are unnecessary', etc.) who, now that their constituencies are being walloped by disease spikes, have 'found religion' and are backing away from the party line; I guess its kind of like a battlefield where the guys who have just come face to face with live fire and appreciate the strength of the enemy suddenly realize just how full of it the REMFs really are...
Umm... and California.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 04:07 PM   #4332
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have tried to find a reason to why:

There's a different in treatment of covid-19 patients.

Ordinary are placed in a respirator

VIP's like high ranked politicians are put in oxygen tent

From hearing and reading the news here in Denmark and Sweden, the death rate among people who have been put in a respirator is higher, than those who are placed in a oxygen tent.

Why ??

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 04:35 PM   #4333
Skybird
Soaring

For the first time ever, French doctors proved that a pregnant woman transmitted the virus to her unborn baby.

More confirmation for that the virus can infect cells in the heart muscle, stick there, multiply there.

More indices collected for the vorus beign able to seriously harm the brain by imemdioate as well as lng-term consequences. Risks for strikes for example may get seriously increased, and materialise years later - as a consequence from Covid 19.

Parts of Switzerland ban the use of acryl-glass face shields. Their protection against aerosols is almost nil. I think it is so obvious that it is, that I wonder why they even were allowed in the first. They should be generally banned, everywhere. They are a joke, an alibi.

This damn beast is a perfect storm. And malicious and diverse like only very few other bugs.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-14-20 at 04:54 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 04:41 PM   #4334
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
From hearing and reading the news here in Denmark and Sweden, the death rate among people who have been put in a respirator is higher, than those who are placed in a oxygen tent.

Why ??

Markus
Respirators press air into the lungs by force, this is dangerous and puts the tissue under stress, the procedure is no self-runner. Thats why usually patients get severly sedated or put into coma before they get attached to the machine. After spending one or two weeks on the machine, the lungs must relearn to actually breath by themselves, a procedure that is practice-and-recovery for months: ten minutes free breathing (if the patient can), and then several hours off trainign and on the machien again, and then start from beginning. The luings can "atrophise", comparable to ordinary muscles. Getting somebody off the machine is a long-lasting process. Its not like a drip getting pulled out of your arm again.

Respirator are no comfortable works-wonderful-solution. They are a means of last resort.

There is no undisputed consensus on whether they even should be used in Covid 19 cases. Over the course of the pandemic, doubts grew, but have not taken over the experts' opinion. The debate is "in flux". In the beginning, they were much demanded, currently many dictors seem to try to get along withouzt thwem, if they can. But again: the debate is still running, the issue is not ultimately decided. We know too much not.

The death rate being higher as you said could also be due to respirators used only in cases of people who are already deeper in the "red zone". Or cofactors play a role like severity of the disease linked to age, health issues already existent.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-14-20 at 04:50 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 05:46 PM   #4335
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Just as interesting are the GOP governors and mayors, who previously also decided to back the White House line on Covid-19 ('just the flu', 'sniffles', 'it'll be gone by July', 'masks are unnecessary', etc.) who, now that their constituencies are being walloped by disease spikes, have 'found religion' and are backing away from the party line;

They should have gone with my "democrats imported the virus" instead. I think the democratic leadership got a little more than they bargained for with the "extras" that this virus has.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan