Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-20, 06:55 PM   #2791
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I reject both your points and replace them my own

What exactly do we prepare for? Can we develop diagnostic systems which can tell doctors exactly what virus or bacteria is infecting you, is that even possible? How do we detect the asymptomatic spreading the joy unbeknownst to others? How do we fundamentally change our economies and transportation systems to deal with pandemics? What machines do we build now in preparation? Do we keep sprawling around the globe unrestricted like ants? Do we step back a bit and rethink this globalization thing or do we get back up and go at it again hair out fangs on fire until the next pandemic? How do we prepare for the inevitable strike by an asteroid? Why do we keep building homes on shores pummeled every year by hurricanes?

Woulda coulda shoulda here's your big chance to make your voice heard before it happens again.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-13-20 at 08:11 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 07:00 PM   #2792
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I knew a black haired beauty with big dark eyes and points on her own sitting way up high. Way up firm and high.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 07:22 PM   #2793
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
What's the point vienna?

The point is you don't prepare for eventual war by recruiting an army after it's started.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 09:09 PM   #2794
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Face it, the point is nobody really gives a crap until it directly affects them. Think about the amount of food civilized nations produce. Yet each year 100's of thousands of people die from not having anything to eat. Out of sight of mind.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 09:13 PM   #2795
Buddahaid

Not entirely true. There are emergency supplies and equipment stored, just not for this problem to an appropriate level.

David Bowie
Old 04-13-20, 09:35 PM   #2796
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Face it, the point is nobody really gives a crap until it directly affects them.

Toilet paper comes to mind
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 10:10 PM   #2797
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

vienna's new face mask

https://www.facebook.com/barbara.bla...7317289232936/
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 12:46 AM   #2798
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Not entirely true. There are emergency supplies and equipment stored, just not for this problem to an appropriate level.

Shame "somebody" didn't restock some of those after he diminished them. But then he walked on water so nobody in the press would have ever called him on it then or now. Democrats have that herd immunity to bad press it seems.
Old 04-14-20, 01:25 AM   #2799
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Nah, not my style... or gender...

But, say...

Does any else know about your deep personal interest in feminine hygiene products?...

<O>
Old 04-14-20, 02:43 AM   #2800
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
What a crappy mask!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 03:30 AM   #2801
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I reject both your points and replace them my own

What exactly do we prepare for? Can we develop diagnostic systems which can tell doctors exactly what virus or bacteria is infecting you, is that even possible? How do we detect the asymptomatic spreading the joy unbeknownst to others? How do we fundamentally change our economies and transportation systems to deal with pandemics? What machines do we build now in preparation? Do we keep sprawling around the globe unrestricted like ants? Do we step back a bit and rethink this globalization thing or do we get back up and go at it again hair out fangs on fire until the next pandemic? How do we prepare for the inevitable strike by an asteroid? Why do we keep building homes on shores pummeled every year by hurricanes?

>>> VACCINE. <<<

Helped nicely in battling measels, diphteria, poliomyelitis, pneumococcus, to give just a few of the famous exmaples.
Old 04-14-20, 04:26 AM   #2802
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Shame "somebody" didn't restock some of those after he diminished them. But then he walked on water so nobody in the press would have ever called him on it then or now. Democrats have that herd immunity to bad press it seems.
Funny how you make leaps with that herd.

David Bowie
Old 04-14-20, 05:05 AM   #2803
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

First stop in a grocery this morning, after several days. I learned that mankind seems to have an infinite supply of stupid people. While slowly more and more people show up wearing masks and staff mostly wore simple textile masks as well, at the cash desk there sat a woman having it hanging around at her chin, nose uncovered, mouth almsot uncovered, just her lower lip covered. What the...? . Another customer confronted her on that, calling her behaviourr disrespectful and de facto a case of attempted physical violence (I loved to hear that, for i think in same terminology on behaviour like that). The stupid woman than started to weasel and make foul excuses of that the mask is not intended to block the nose, and that people cannot understand her, and that she feels uncomfortabl with it, and that it is all a big misunderstanding and masks do nothing anyway. I grew increasingly angry at this head-internal vacuum of hers, and chimed in, slapping a couple of numbers in her stupid face, and that the mask of the type she was supposed to wear, was meant to protect the customers from her, and that stupids like her were the reason why I wear an FFP in self defence although my face heats up and I sweat like in a sauna and breathing is anything but fun with it.

The virus is around - but with human stupdity it is even much worse. Its hopeless. stupid stupid people everywhere.

Next was the baker shop in the same grocery. The salesgirl there wore rubber gloves. Fine - if only she would have done it right. With the same hand that she took bread and croissants with, she also took notes and coins. I asked her whether she ever has truly understood the logic behind wearing gloves in her job, or why using two different hands for two different tasks: one hand for the money, the other for the food items. At least why to use a piece of small paper intended for this purpose when grabbing for bread. And again this stupid bitch started an argument with me and started to weasel. Best: she was angry and was relieved by a colleague, an older woman being in better intellectual state, the girl stripped off the gloves to leave for a break, and then without further washing her hands she used her sweaty, bacteria-enriched glossy hand and grabbed a piece of cake for herself. Washing hands or using a desinfectant? You rather hear a chimp reasoning about relativity.

Stupid stupid bitches everywhere. With Covid 19 I can arrange myself to the circumstances, with stupidity, i cannot. But i at least can claim the right of self defence and thus has made it a hobby to openly and publicly confront such stupids with loud voice so that all bystanders must take note of it and make the stupids feel extremely uncomfortable.

Just for you, my beloved dear stupid ones: a lecture in the obvious. Saddenign that stuff like this must first be explicitly studied before it is beign announced or accepted. If I shove my fist into empty air, and your face happens to be right in the path and in the middle of it you get hurt. What further examination does it need to understand this? Filter layers block air currents and deflect or neutrlalise them. Better filters do this better. What is so difficult in undertanding this...? Bad filters to a worse job in this. What a miracle.

Just protecting the others from you, is not enough. you should also want to protect yourself from the others, especially from their stupidity. Claim your right of self-defence. This is not about logn temr consequences after many repetitions, this ios not passive smoking for ten minutes. We are talking about a very extremely infectous deasease with potentially immediate severe health consequences mnaifestating not after years, but a few days. Wear FFP masks in closed compartments and shops, stay away from crowds and joggers in the open, and aggressively confront those who violate even the most essential mininimums of adequate behaviour. Make them feel shabby. Direct public anger and unwanted attention at them. Protect yourself - its only a question of time before the next 24/7 retard slams into you.

Why you must want to do so in your own best interest? Because this story is far from being over. It will keep us busy for as long as there is no vaccine. In other words we will play these new games for at least one year to come.

Oh, and the German officials have apparently given up their undefendable position of telling the public they should not wear good masks. They do not actively recommend FFP masks, but at least they have stopped to advise actively against them. Well, you cannot deny obvious reality forever. Sooner or later it catches you. Because there always is just one reality, and not more.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-14-20 at 05:31 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 05:46 AM   #2804
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

About one in 10 coronavirus-related deaths in England and Wales took place outside hospital in the week to 3 April.

Some small shops in Austria reopen but some Italian regions postpone relaxation of lockdown restrictions.

India's nationwide lockdown has been extended until 3 May.

In an angry press conference, US President Donald Trump denied ignoring early warnings about the coronavirus.

China says it recorded no coronavirus deaths on Monday.

More than 1.9 million people worldwide have been confirmed to have the virus.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 05:51 AM   #2805
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan