Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-21, 02:13 PM   #1
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Default Cognitive warfare

Quote:
As written in the Warfighting 2040 Paper, the nature of warfare has changed. The majority of current conflicts remain below the threshold of the traditionally accepted definition of war- fare, but new forms of warfare have emerged such as Cognitive Warfare (CW), while the hu- man mind is now being considered as a new domain of war.

https://www.innovationhub-act.org/si...CW%20Final.pdf

Any user of modern information technologies is a potential target. It targets the whole of a nation’s human capital. “2020 NATO-sponsored study of this new form of warfare clearly explained, “While actions taken in the five domains are executed in order to have an effect on the human domain, cognitive warfare’s objective is to make everyone a weapon.”

So not only are we seen as lab mice for experimental drugs. We are also being groomed to be a weapon to further leaders goals.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 02:50 PM   #2
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Isn't that just another term for "propaganda"? (asking for a friend)
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 03:07 PM   #3
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Isn't that just another term for "propaganda"? (asking for a friend)
Tell your friend the study addresses his or her question.

Cognitive Warfare, a participatory propaganda.

In many ways, cognitive warfare can be compared to propaganda, which can be defined as “a set of methods employed by an organised group that wants to bring about the active or passive participation in its actions of a mass of individuals, psychologically unified through psychological manipulations and incorporated in an organisation.”

The purpose of propaganda is not to "program" minds, but to influence attitudes and behaviours by getting people to adopt the right attitude, which may consist of doing certain things or, often, stopping doing them.

Cognitive Warfare is methodically exploited as a component of a global strategy by adversaries aimed at weakening, interfering and destabilising targeted populations, institutions and states, in order to influence their choices, to undermine the autonomy of their decisions and the sovereignty of their institutions. Such campaigns combine both real and distorted in- formation (misinformation), exaggerated facts and fabricated news (disinformation).

Disinformation preys on the cognitive vulnerabilities of its targets by taking advantage of pre-existing anxieties or beliefs that predispose them to accept false information. This requires the aggressor to have an acute understanding of the socio-political dynamics at play and to know exactly when and how to penetrate to best exploit these vulnerabilities.

Cognitive Warfare exploits the innate vulnerabilities of the human mind because of the way it is designed to process information, which have always been exploited in warfare, of course. However, due to the speed and per- vasiveness of technology and information, the human mind is no longer able to process the flow of information.

Where CW differs from propaganda is in the fact that everyone participates, mostly inadvertently, to information processing and knowledge formation in an unprecedented way. This is a subtle but significant change. While individuals were passively submitted to propaganda, they now actively contribute to it.

The exploitation of human cognition has become a massive industry. And it is expected that emerging artificial intelligence (AI) tools will soon provide propagandists radically enhanced capabilities to manipulate human minds and change human behaviour.

Old 10-13-21, 04:16 PM   #4
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Well that's a scary thought.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 04:19 PM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Reading Rockstars comment was like thinking on our Wuhan and US politics thread.

Can't explain why.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 05:45 PM   #6
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Tell your friend the study addresses his or her question.

Cognitive Warfare, a participatory propaganda.

In many ways, cognitive warfare can be compared to propaganda, which can be defined as “a set of methods employed by an organised group that wants to bring about the active or passive participation in its actions of a mass of individuals, psychologically unified through psychological manipulations and incorporated in an organisation.”

The purpose of propaganda is not to "program" minds, but to influence attitudes and behaviours by getting people to adopt the right attitude, which may consist of doing certain things or, often, stopping doing them.

Cognitive Warfare is methodically exploited as a component of a global strategy by adversaries aimed at weakening, interfering and destabilising targeted populations, institutions and states, in order to influence their choices, to undermine the autonomy of their decisions and the sovereignty of their institutions. Such campaigns combine both real and distorted in- formation (misinformation), exaggerated facts and fabricated news (disinformation).

Disinformation preys on the cognitive vulnerabilities of its targets by taking advantage of pre-existing anxieties or beliefs that predispose them to accept false information. This requires the aggressor to have an acute understanding of the socio-political dynamics at play and to know exactly when and how to penetrate to best exploit these vulnerabilities.

Cognitive Warfare exploits the innate vulnerabilities of the human mind because of the way it is designed to process information, which have always been exploited in warfare, of course. However, due to the speed and per- vasiveness of technology and information, the human mind is no longer able to process the flow of information.

Where CW differs from propaganda is in the fact that everyone participates, mostly inadvertently, to information processing and knowledge formation in an unprecedented way. This is a subtle but significant change. While individuals were passively submitted to propaganda, they now actively contribute to it.

The exploitation of human cognition has become a massive industry. And it is expected that emerging artificial intelligence (AI) tools will soon provide propagandists radically enhanced capabilities to manipulate human minds and change human behaviour.
So a distinction without a difference, got it. (my "friend" thanks you for clearing that up.)
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 09:43 AM   #7
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

According to the NATO backed study they see a difference though subtle. According to them the difference is that with old school propaganda people passively submit to it. But in what they call cognitive warfare you and whole populations are manipulated into becoming the weapon that actively participates in spreading the propaganda.

That’s the way I read it.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other I suppose.

Old 10-16-21, 08:59 AM   #8
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
According to the NATO backed study they see a difference though subtle. According to them the difference is that with old school propaganda people passively submit to it. But in what they call cognitive warfare you and whole populations are manipulated into becoming the weapon that actively participates in spreading the propaganda.

The way way to win this war is to destroy Apple, Alphabet/Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and to imprison or execute Zuckerberg, Cook, Pichai and Dorsey - as a start.

As to TikTok, we *know* it's a ChiCom product, so let's use it to conduct cyber warfare by getting inside the Chinese firewall and destroy them from the inside out.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 11:48 AM   #9
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Old 10-16-21, 04:11 PM   #10
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

here's some nuts for you.
Old 10-17-21, 08:55 PM   #11
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:

Today it's called The Great Reset and whole populations are manipulated into becoming the weapon that actively participates in spreading the propaganda. As you can now experience in your own local city and counties you live in. If you don't like what they teach your KID'S in your government school's, what are you you going to do? They may they send people in the future to visit you? Cognitive warfare is real and it's in your community. Acceptance at this point in time is the only decision you can make or you must ask yourself.WILL I SHOOT MY OWN FAMILY MEMBER'S. Who believe in the propaganda of any Political party and their agenda and in the future because of cognitive beliefs turn on me.
Gorpet is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 11:56 AM   #12
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I wonder if these paid propagandists could be an example turning people into weapons. The birth of mandate nazis and human lab mice.

Old 10-21-21, 07:09 PM   #13
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
I wonder if these paid propagandists could be an example turning people into weapons. The birth of mandate nazis and human lab mice.

If your as old as me you know the answer.Now i don't know about nazis and human lab mice. But i sure as hell can see where the Democrats are going,The question is can a Democrat see where they and their families will be by 2030. I believe the naive will find out what Level up really means. And in end the end they themselves will taste the Yellow Snow. Rockstar i don't get into a debate.I have been there and done it. It's a circle jerk at best. So you get from me what you get.I Like your posts as i do many other's . But no debates it's a waste of time , It's like a game of chess for those fourtunites who cannot do without the Plumber,Electrician,Air/heat,Carpenter and all trade's that make their lives so comfortable.If a person gets on here from that background they will be eaten alive because why? Everybody want's to suck'im into a debate. THE WHOLE WORLD is Paralyzed by DEBATE. That's why we have no real leader's. Now that i've had another beer and god forbid a cigarette and i have reread my post. I must ask the Chinese let your women mingel so in the future we can all be Earthling's.

Last edited by Gorpet; 10-21-21 at 08:48 PM.
Gorpet is online   Reply With Quote