Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-19, 09:10 AM   #1
C4ptAwesome
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Beginner and Wolves of Steel

Hi, im new to SH5 or SH at all but I'm really looking forward to a challenging Simulation to dig in. At the moment im overwhelmed by the sheer amount of Informations, mods and so on. I want to Start from scratch but without having to Deal with to many game breaking bugs and glitches. The learning curve doesn't matter to me because I dealt with quiet a few Simulations before.

So my questions is, after taking a sneak Peak at sobers Modpack and the Mega Mod pack, would it be best to Start with the wolves of Steel and are there already Bugfixes in this pack or what would be the Best approach. Thank you in advance!

Regards C4ptAwesome
C4ptAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:24 AM   #2
abaileyatd
Sailor man

Downloads: 48

I have always found TWOS to be essentially bug free. Caveat being a couple of quirky things you have to keep in mind, such as saving in the bunker and reloading before starting your first mission and being aware of the beginning and end dates for each part of the campaign (and the REALLY long loading times when you start the game). Basically read through the quick installation instructions and you'll have a heads up on what to be careful of. As far as bugs and glitches during gameplay? I can honestly say I've not experienced them, and my gameplay has been as stable and reliable as I ever experienced with SH3 GWX or whatnot (maybe moreso?). I say jump right in if TWOS's features appeal to you. In my opinion it is the peak of traditional single player uboat simulation as of this moment, and the only potential downside I can think of is it's singular focus on the type VII- but it basically makes it up for me by being a relatively deep and exhaustive singular focus on that boat.
abaileyatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:25 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

C4ptAwesome!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 11:23 AM   #4
BroncoFlamenco
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Default Welcome onboard!

Since the TWOS mod is way easier to install on a steam version i gave it a try aswell and i love it.
I played the vanilla aswell but not really a long time.

I just have a few non-gamebreaking, small bugs but nothing bothering.

I understand that there is a lot to learn but there are loads of tutorial videos on YT that helped me a lot. Especially how to use the enigma-a beautiful modded feature. (Best tutorial on this one is from Taff in Exile. He explains it step by step)

Good luck and take your time. There is plenty of time out there on Feindfahrt!

BroncoFlamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 01:30 PM   #5
C4ptAwesome
Nub

Downloads: 5

Thank you very much for your answers. Now I´m confident to first start with Wolves of Steel :-)
C4ptAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 05:49 AM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > C4ptAwesome
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote