SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-20, 07:28 PM   #1
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default Some modding questions: user charts, radio intercepts etc.

Hallo,

since there is the corona virus i spend more time at home and thats why i grab the good old sh5 and tried to mod SH5 TWoS in my own way to make a more immersive gameplay to me. I played the SH series and Dangerous Waters for years now with all the awesome mods to give it more simulation feeling, but never tried to shape the game on my own. I like to play with real navigation mod for example but i think there are some little details to work on.

First I created a user chart file for the scapa flow campain mission. I added over 12 charts with historic maps and original reconfly fotos.
It took me some time to find out, that there can only be 50 charts at all in the game, so i tried a few hours to find out why always some charts of the original TWoS setting are missing ;-)
Is there a chance to take up more then 50 charts in the game?
My simple solution for the first run was to put the charts in at the first campain mission and fix it with the „;“ (take it out of the game) after the scapa mission. But it would be very nice if there is a chance to make more then these 50 charts.

Then I created a war diary (KTB) and a shooting protocol (Schussunterlagen) in word format to protocol my tours in the original manner. There you can protocol the approch to target and firing solution very well and it gives the hole game a lot more immersive character. You dont need the TC by the way because there is a lot of things to note and check.

Next I want to make more historic radio message traffic in the game. So first I used the german language mod an then I took out the messages form the LSH3 radio message file and transform them in the sh5 format. That was not enough for me so i dicided to take the german war diary for the OKM (Seekriegsleitung) and put some of the real messages to the ships in the game. A lot of work with notepad but absolutly fine stuff. I just finished the september-dezember 1939.
Is there an oppertunity to make the transformation from the sh3 programming style to the sh5 style more fast?

In the radio message options in the game itself there is an option called, get destroyed intercepts.
Although i have selected this option i never get a „been hit“ or „sinking“ intercept from the ships i haved attacked at the time. Is this the correct or a bug?
Is it possible to activate the type of messages similar to the submarine sighted intercepts that depends on your own attack of the ship? The gratest thing would be, if there would be a randomized ship name in the intercept because this is an historic way to identify the shipsname of the victim. I think interogation of survivors or painted names on the ships is difficult to realize in this game.

Maybe someone of the pros can give me some advice!
Thanks for helping and keep healty!
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote