SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-24, 08:47 AM   #1
Tom Moore
Watch

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0
Default Crew rank problem

Hello,

I have just changed my NYGM mod to the "Steel Coffin" addition. When I start a new career either from SH3 Commander or from the SH3 direct short cut. I get a crew where all ordinary seaman are the same rank, same for petty officers and for commissioned officers. How do I correct?

Tom Moore
Tom Moore is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 10:46 AM   #2
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Go to SH3 Commander .... click Available Actions ..... then click Manage Your Crew.

from there you can promote them, award them qualication and medals or visa-versa.
Old 01-29-24, 12:26 PM   #3
Tom Moore
Watch

Default Navigation Map Problem

Me again, I have not been able to find the zoom in or zoom out button on the navigation map.
Old 01-30-24, 08:36 AM   #4
Tom Moore
Watch

Default Crew Management

Gentlemen,

I am continuing to have the problem with the crew on a new career. Officers, Petty officers and ordinary seamen all have the same rank. I have tried using SH3 Commander crew management screen and I am unable to make any changes to the crew member rank. Any advice on what to do?

Tom Moore
Old 01-30-24, 12:47 PM   #5
Captain Drastic
Sailor man

Downloads: 618
Default start with the Basic

There are crew config files in the Basic folder for each U-boat type, and they all have low ranks. SH3 Commander has a list of "Realistic" crews. Look in the SH3 Commander folder for a Folder named Crew, open, then copy the file inside named Realistic. Inside that are the crew files that start with a good rank mix. The Realistic folder is conveniently ready as a Mod. So copy it into the Silent Hunter III Mod folder and activate with JSGME. If all goes well it will overwrite the Basic files and you will have a better crew.
This is just a start, you can really mod out the crew files to suit yourself in at least a couple other ways. Just take some time to look at the details and how it works. You can make it so different ranks or even single crew members wear whatever uniforms you want. Warning- I spent a lot of time doing that.
Captain Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote