Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-21, 02:20 PM   #13741
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Are Ireland and Northern Ireland on it's way back how it was before the peace treaty ?

Seems the ongoing riots are growing for each day.

Northern Ireland fear UK will leave them alone.
Ireland fear-Well now I can't remember what they fear-Sorry

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 04-09-21, 04:49 PM   #13742
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

There are some idiots who would like nothing better than the troubles of the past re-visiting Northern Ireland, these so called teeny boppers are being controlled and egged on by adults who would probably like to make a name for themselves much like their grandfathers did.

The majority of the thick young pillocks won't have a bloody clue why they're throwing petrol bombs and stones but they won't let that get in there way while they're having some bloody fun eh.

The Republic of Ireland would never let these Northern Ireland muppets join their fair isle when they continue to act like bloody nutters, until they start acting their age and not their penis size it will not change.

As for the rest of the UK "well mainly England" they will continue to help the Unionists because if they left NI to it's own devices there would be blood again and a lot more than has ever been spilt before.
Old 04-10-21, 04:58 AM   #13743
Moonlight
Admiral

^That post of mine is my thoughts on the recent troubles in Northern Ireland, the link below is a summary of what the Newspapers are publishing.

EXPLAINER: What is behind the latest unrest in N Ireland?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/ex...?ocid=msedgntp

@Mapuc, it's a lot more complicated than what I've wrote or what the newspapers write but at least you'll see the swamp before you step in it.

More thoughts from me.
The politicians remain silent as of now, I use the word "Silent" loosely because if the politicians wanted it stopped in the first place this nonsense would be over with in hours and not days, Or Else. "ignore that Or Else at your peril"
Lets not pull any punches here, the masters of NI are the political wing of these so-called groups and therefore they wield an enormous amount of power, nothing goes down in NI if these politicians don't want it to go down, so lets get that clear from the start.

That's how it is and I'm assuming that's how it's going to stay.
Old 04-10-21, 02:36 PM   #13744
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you for your answer Moonlight.

Seeing the news clips from Belfast and Londonderry the last week, gave me a Deja Vu from 80's and 90's

Following phrase from the article

"The British Army was deployed in 1969, initially to keep the peace. The situation deteriorated into a conflict between Irish republican militants who wanted to unite with the south, loyalist paramilitaries who sought to keep Northern Ireland British, and U.K. troops. "

Gave me a bad feeling-Are Northern Ireland on it's way to some kind of civil war ?

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 04-10-21, 05:20 PM   #13745
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A Brexitr necessarily created one of two possible hard borders. Either between NI and
the RoI, or in the Irish sea between NI and the UK.

There is no formal solution possible. Its logically not possible. Even if there would not have been a Brexit treaty, there would then be a hard border, between NI and the RoI.

Illustrates how absolutely idiotic and ridiculous this Northern Ireland problem is. I must honestly say, my sympathies for the Irish are extremely limited here. They run this foolish freak show for hilarious reasons and since generations - i do not respect the given historical foul excuses - and so rightfully earn what they sow: an insolvable contradiction for which a solution is not imaginable and that can only stop to be dangerous by seizing to exist, just that.

Having had no Brexit, also is no solution. Because we currently see that the peace was quite illusory, and hat the conflict still can bring the blood to boiling temperature with relatively little effort. And that is called a "peace"...? No, it was only a cosmetic formality declared. Peace is more, is a deeply anchored state of heart.

Maybe the UK would be best off if kicking NI out and forget about it. Let the Irish solve their precious oh so important and no doubt extremely relevant conflict all by themselves. And let them and nobody else pay the price for their Irish games.

Do I overlook something?
Old 04-10-21, 05:33 PM   #13746
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ There's another solution to this everlasting problems in NI
Which can be read in the article Moonlight posted in his answer to me.

"By the 1990s, after secret talks and with the help of diplomatic efforts by Ireland, Britain and the United States, the combatants reached a peace deal. The 1998 Good Friday accord saw the paramilitaries lay down their arms and established a Catholic-Protestant power-sharing government for Northern Ireland. The question of Northern Ireland’s ultimate status was deferred: it would remain British as long as that was the majority’s wish, but a future referendum on reunification was not ruled out"

If and it is a big if, the people in NI decide in a referendum to join land with Ireland the problem could be solved.

Well yes there's a chance for a hard border between Ireland(+NI) and UK.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 04-10-21, 05:40 PM   #13747
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ There's another solution to this everlasting problems in NI
Which can be read in the article Moonlight posted in his answer to me.

"By the 1990s, after secret talks and with the help of diplomatic efforts by Ireland, Britain and the United States, the combatants reached a peace deal. The 1998 Good Friday accord saw the paramilitaries lay down their arms and established a Catholic-Protestant power-sharing government for Northern Ireland. The question of Northern Ireland’s ultimate status was deferred: it would remain British as long as that was the majority’s wish, but a future referendum on reunification was not ruled out"
I am not inmpressed. I know the hisotric tretay of the good friday agreement - and it is what I referred to when speaking of the past peace deal having been just a fomrlait,y but no heart affair. You can repeat somehtign like that, yes. I tell ypou before the end of our lives we will see again that int he hearts the peace nevertheless will not have grown lasting roots.

Quote:

If and it is a big if, the people in NI decide in a referendum to join land with Ireland the problem could be solved.

Well yes there's a chance for a hard border between Ireland(+NI) and UK.
Thats not a chance, but an inevitable necessity then. Because the Republic of Ireland, in which Northern Ireland then would melt into, is not member of the UK.

For the EU it would mean new costs, since the RoI would no doubt need to pay the lion's share of the costs for reunification, and woudl ask for and get additional funding from Brussel. And about reunifications Germans know a thing or two. Especially about the costs. It costs us until today, even over one generation after German reunification. It was and is hilariously expensive.
Old 04-11-21, 04:55 AM   #13748
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A Brexitr necessarily created one of two possible hard borders. Either between NI and
the RoI, or in the Irish sea between NI and the UK.

There is no formal solution possible. Its logically not possible. Even if there would not have been a Brexit treaty, there would then be a hard border, between NI and the RoI.

Illustrates how absolutely idiotic and ridiculous this Northern Ireland problem is. I must honestly say, my sympathies for the Irish are extremely limited here. They run this foolish freak show for hilarious reasons and since generations - i do not respect the given historical foul excuses - and so rightfully earn what they sow: an insolvable contradiction for which a solution is not imaginable and that can only stop to be dangerous by seizing to exist, just that.

Having had no Brexit, also is no solution. Because we currently see that the peace was quite illusory, and hat the conflict still can bring the blood to boiling temperature with relatively little effort. And that is called a "peace"...? No, it was only a cosmetic formality declared. Peace is more, is a deeply anchored state of heart.

Maybe the UK would be best off if kicking NI out and forget about it. Let the Irish solve their precious oh so important and no doubt extremely relevant conflict all by themselves. And let them and nobody else pay the price for their Irish games.

Do I overlook something?
No. I think you adequately summed it up

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-11-21, 09:14 AM   #13749
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

The situation in NI is due to the unfortunate fact that the religious attitudes of the Protestant hardliners haven't moved beyond the 17th Century. The concept of the "Protestant Ascendency" should have been knocked on the head during Ireland's Union with the rest of Great Britain in the 19th Century, sadly it wasn't. The maladministration of Ireland by it's pre-independence ruling classes is the gift that keeps on giving. Sadly that bad governance has had a long term effect in Scotland due to Irish migration into the Western Central Belt.

England doesn't have a "Scotland Problem" per se, what it has is a "Clyde Valley Problem". That's where pro-independence sentiment is highest.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 04-12-21, 12:52 PM   #13750
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

No10 rejects Nicola Sturgeon's claim that Boris Johnson will allow second referendum.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...claim-23898911

Old 04-12-21, 04:52 PM   #13751
Skybird
Soaring

Teething problems versus structural problems.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/b...ays/index.html

Does not look encouraging so far. Seems the "deal" has ignored too many problems that they could not fix.

I have tried again to place an order for Ubichinol from the UK, just a few days after my last report on the issue. And since then I am waiting again. I contacted themn, and email contact is fast as ever, and they said the parcel ha dlived the house and the British customs procedure, trackings show it to be stuck somewhere in the EU part of the procedures, and the EU not confirm the British paper work, thats how I understood their explanation. Practically the same problem like the first time.

The shop I ordered from the time before, and whose order was cancelled, apparently is no longer available for delivery to the EU, apparently.

I again have the impression that it is the EU side'S faiult delaying it all here. They did not process the first delivery, and it seems they also do not process this one one. In both cases British mail and customs have done their part, tracking the parcel says.

One time might happen. Two times can be bad coincidence. But three times is hostile sabotage.

I ordered from the Netherlands today. For almost three times the price.
Old 04-12-21, 05:01 PM   #13752
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Could UK's Brexit lead to what I would call

The rise and fall of the Union Jack

This thought popped up, when I read Jims post ^^

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 04-13-21, 06:50 AM   #13753
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
One time might happen. Two times can be bad coincidence. But three times is hostile sabotage.
Precisely!!

Old 04-13-21, 07:09 AM   #13754
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

No problems yet with delivery from the UK, a windshield that was said to have been sent to us, is still happily lying in a depot in England.

Business as usual lately, and welcome to brexit.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-13-21, 08:42 AM   #13755
Moonlight
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
No problems yet with delivery from the UK, a windshield that was said to have been sent to us, is still happily lying in a depot in England.

Business as usual lately, and welcome to brexit.
You just can't bloody help yourself can you Catfish, it's always the little Englanders who are at fault and not the oh so perfect boneheads of the EU, put another record on matey because the one you're playing has bleeding worn out.

Tags
british, politics