SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-21, 10:39 AM   #6901
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 10:43 AM   #6902
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-11-21, 04:31 PM   #6903
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Latest research results show that even mild forms of Covid leave damages to the glucose metabolism of brain cells, mildly or severely damaging/limiting brain areas and by that meaning that even mild forms of Covid lead to sometimes lasting brain damages of varying degrees. These are sometimes of a lasting, irreversible nature. Around 80% of all patients (even non-hospitalised) are generally affected by this glucose handicap, 50% are mildly or medium-severely affected, 15 very severely.

Brains scans with magnetic resonanse tomography MRT usually cannot reveal these deficits in the brain functioning, but PET scans (18FDG-PET). This sort of scan reveals the deficits in the chemical glucose metabolising in the brain. Researchers assume that these changes are in parts reversible, in parts not. The damage to the system is not done by the virus itself, but by the overshooting immune system.

Therefore, guys, take your damn Vitamine D pills., Vitamine D not only strengthens the immune system, but also MODULATES it, that means it helps to re-tune it for fighting with less inflammatory neural messenger molecules. So very much of the lasting health damages and threatening complications are not caused directly by the virus, but by the body's and immune system's fighting response to it. Think of it as collateral damage. Vitamine D does not prevent an infection most likely, but it fundamentally shifts chances in your favour to suffer a mild case only. In principle the same what they say about vaccines: they do not protect you from infection, but from suffering complications and serious cases.

For the same reason: throw out all those poisonous plant seed oils you are using, sunflower oil, corn oil (maize oil?) , linseed oil, safflower oil. They tell you how healthy they are, and its always a lie. These oils have a terrible dysbalance between highly inflammatory Omega 6- and anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acids. In case of sunflower oil its especially terrible, the ratio is a shocking 125:1 !

The body fat of yours all the time creates and sends out molecules serving as messenger particles, like cytokines, and if your body fat contains - as is usual in Europe and Northern America - 15-30 times more inflammatory Omega 6 than anti-inflammatory Omega 3 - well, you can imagine you then have a very fundamental problem. 15-30 times the order comes in to open fire, and just once an order comes in saying Seize Fire!

Loose body fat, and in the fat you keep, make sure that Omega 6 gets phased out and Omega 3 comes in. The change in your fat chemistry takes some months. But it can be done. I had it measured three weeks ago, and got a wonderful value of O6 to O3 of just 1.8 : 1 . How to do? Ban the mentioned fats and seed oils in general, without exception. Consume much fatty fish, or fish oil, krill oil. In Scandinavia, parts of it at least and especially Finland I read, flasks with fish oil are offered on a lunch table like salt and pepper, milk and sugar for coffee! Do your grilling and pan frying with coconut oil, thats top. Ghee (clearede butter), if you think you must. Mild temperature cooking: olive oil extra vergine. Margerine should be called poisonous, avoid it. Avoid trans fats. Avoid soy bean oil. NEVER use refined fats and oils. Be easy with using the deep fryer (I know that one hurts, I too love the taste from that, but the poison you eat by that stays in your body fat chemistry for several months). What you need is coconut oil, olive oil, fish oil, and with a little good will you can get perfectly along with just that. If you need butter,m use butter from grass-fed animals. The difference between grass feeding and soy/grain feeding is that in the animal's body fat, the ratio between Omega 6 and Omega 3 is almost reversing from very disadvantageous to very advantageous- that is a very huge difference, I would say.

I do like that since almost a year now. It works, and helps, and tastes wonderful, tastes so much better. Also, use lard and suet, if you have it or create it (with your breakfast bacon for exmaple). Its not ideal, but by far not as dangerous as those damn plant seed oils.

Do not fear calories in fat, you do not become fat form fat, you beocme fat from grain, wheat, corn, and the insuline reaciton these create. Consuming good fats does not create an insuline reaction worth to be considered! The only thing abotu fat you shoukld fear is using bad, refined fats, and plant oils. I have my own name for these now, I simply call them industrial waste.

Like I was convinced from early on that Vitamine D has a place in fi8ghting the desease, I am also convinced that gettign your weight intoi healthy ranges and your belly fat down a bit and clenaign up your body's fat bilance also is an importnat key in fighting Coivid 19. And the reasons/explanations kind of echo each other. You cna also see it in hopsitals: diabetes and adipositas patients are overrepresented. Both have a relation to unhealthy body fat.

A little recipe for not wasting the fat from the breakfast bacon: as a reward for reading

- Boil millet in a salty brew, chicken brew, vegetable brew, whatever, just a bit salty it should be.
- Prepare bacon stripes in a pan, until they are mildly crusty and have lost fat for oil in the pan.
- When the millet is done and "dry", stirr it under the fat in the pan, break down the crsuty bacon in the process.

- Be amazed how wonderful somethign so simple can taste! reminds a bit of this typical Asia-style fried pan-rice that is so aromatic and great in taste where people always wonder: how do they do it? Indeed you can cramble an egg and slowly let it drip via a fork over the hot pan, but gently, so that it can form small flakes, not just scrambled pan eggs.

I shouldn't have written this. Its almost midnight, and I want to go to the kitchen...

Last edited by Skybird; 04-11-21 at 04:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 10:24 PM   #6904
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Sort of odd these are very close to the same data figures for the state of California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Latest research results show that even mild forms of Covid leave damages to the glucose metabolism of brain cells, mildly or severely damaging/limiting brain areas and by that meaning that even mild forms of Covid lead to sometimes lasting brain damages of varying degrees. These are sometimes of a lasting, irreversible nature. Around 80% of all patients (even non-hospitalised) are generally affected by this glucose handicap, 50% are mildly or medium-severely affected, 15 very severely.

Brains scans with magnetic resonanse tomography MRT usually cannot reveal these deficits in the brain functioning, but PET scans (18FDG-PET). This sort of scan reveals the deficits in the chemical glucose metabolising in the brain. Researchers assume that these changes are in parts reversible, in parts not. The damage to the system is not done by the virus itself, but by the overshooting immune system.

Therefore, guys, take your damn Vitamine D pills., Vitamine D not only strengthens the immune system, but also MODULATES it, that means it helps to re-tune it for fighting with less inflammatory neural messenger molecules. So very much of the lasting health damages and threatening complications are not caused directly by the virus, but by the body's and immune system's fighting response to it. Think of it as collateral damage. Vitamine D does not prevent an infection most likely, but it fundamentally shifts chances in your favour to suffer a mild case only. In principle the same what they say about vaccines: they do not protect you from infection, but from suffering complications and serious cases.

For the same reason: throw out all those poisonous plant seed oils you are using, sunflower oil, corn oil (maize oil?) , linseed oil, safflower oil. They tell you how healthy they are, and its always a lie. These oils have a terrible dysbalance between highly inflammatory Omega 6- and anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acids. In case of sunflower oil its especially terrible, the ratio is a shocking 125:1 !

The body fat of yours all the time creates and sends out molecules serving as messenger particles, like cytokines, and if your body fat contains - as is usual in Europe and Northern America - 15-30 times more inflammatory Omega 6 than anti-inflammatory Omega 3 - well, you can imagine you then have a very fundamental problem. 15-30 times the order comes in to open fire, and just once an order comes in saying Seize Fire!

Loose body fat, and in the fat you keep, make sure that Omega 6 gets phased out and Omega 3 comes in. The change in your fat chemistry takes some months. But it can be done. I had it measured three weeks ago, and got a wonderful value of O6 to O3 of just 1.8 : 1 . How to do? Ban the mentioned fats and seed oils in general, without exception. Consume much fatty fish, or fish oil, krill oil. In Scandinavia, parts of it at least and especially Finland I read, flasks with fish oil are offered on a lunch table like salt and pepper, milk and sugar for coffee! Do your grilling and pan frying with coconut oil, thats top. Ghee (clearede butter), if you think you must. Mild temperature cooking: olive oil extra vergine. Margerine should be called poisonous, avoid it. Avoid trans fats. Avoid soy bean oil. NEVER use refined fats and oils. Be easy with using the deep fryer (I know that one hurts, I too love the taste from that, but the poison you eat by that stays in your body fat chemistry for several months). What you need is coconut oil, olive oil, fish oil, and with a little good will you can get perfectly along with just that. If you need butter,m use butter from grass-fed animals. The difference between grass feeding and soy/grain feeding is that in the animal's body fat, the ratio between Omega 6 and Omega 3 is almost reversing from very disadvantageous to very advantageous- that is a very huge difference, I would say.

I do like that since almost a year now. It works, and helps, and tastes wonderful, tastes so much better. Also, use lard and suet, if you have it or create it (with your breakfast bacon for exmaple). Its not ideal, but by far not as dangerous as those damn plant seed oils.

Do not fear calories in fat, you do not become fat form fat, you beocme fat from grain, wheat, corn, and the insuline reaciton these create. Consuming good fats does not create an insuline reaction worth to be considered! The only thing abotu fat you shoukld fear is using bad, refined fats, and plant oils. I have my own name for these now, I simply call them industrial waste.

Like I was convinced from early on that Vitamine D has a place in fi8ghting the desease, I am also convinced that gettign your weight intoi healthy ranges and your belly fat down a bit and clenaign up your body's fat bilance also is an importnat key in fighting Coivid 19. And the reasons/explanations kind of echo each other. You cna also see it in hopsitals: diabetes and adipositas patients are overrepresented. Both have a relation to unhealthy body fat.

A little recipe for not wasting the fat from the breakfast bacon: as a reward for reading

- Boil millet in a salty brew, chicken brew, vegetable brew, whatever, just a bit salty it should be.
- Prepare bacon stripes in a pan, until they are mildly crusty and have lost fat for oil in the pan.
- When the millet is done and "dry", stirr it under the fat in the pan, break down the crsuty bacon in the process.

- Be amazed how wonderful somethign so simple can taste! reminds a bit of this typical Asia-style fried pan-rice that is so aromatic and great in taste where people always wonder: how do they do it? Indeed you can cramble an egg and slowly let it drip via a fork over the hot pan, but gently, so that it can form small flakes, not just scrambled pan eggs.

I shouldn't have written this. Its almost midnight, and I want to go to the kitchen...
Thank you sky for what seems to be true, but I do eat a lot of fat in both varieties and as for the brain damage ... already reported here in the USA among the people that have already contracted Covid-19 at least the ones that recovered, duh.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 12:39 PM   #6905
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-12-21, 12:47 PM   #6906
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-21, 06:20 AM   #6907
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-21, 06:25 AM   #6908
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

All over-50s and those in high-risk groups in the UK have been offered a first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, the government says.

It means the target of offering a first dose to the top nine priority groups by 15 April has been met.

People in their late 40s can now book a jab in England, while those aged 40-45 have been making appointments in Wales and Northern Ireland.

The NHS crashed when over-45s were invited to book, amid a surge in interest - but has since been fixed.

The Moderna vaccine is to start being rolled out in England - Scotland and Wales began using it last week.

The government says it is on track to offer a first vaccine dose to all adults by the end of July.

Surge testing is implemented in two areas of south London, after a cluster of the South African variant was found.

PM Boris Johnson warns that Covid cases and deaths will rise as lockdown lifts, despite the successful rollout.

Pubs and restaurants opened outdoors in England on Monday, with shops, zoos, gyms and hair salons also reopening.

Northern Ireland's "stay-at-home" order was lifted and some rules were eased in Scotland and Wales.

Old 04-13-21, 06:36 AM   #6909
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Federal health officials in the US have called for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine rollout to be paused, in light of six cases that saw recipients develop a rare disorder involving blood clots.
All six were women between the ages of 18 and 48. Officials briefed on the decision reportedly told the New York Times that one woman died, and another is in a critical condition in hospital.

The German government has agreed on a controversial law change that gives it the power to pass tougher Covid restrictions.
The adjusted national infections control law, which still needs to be approved by parliament, would allow the federal government to impose curfews from 9pm to 5am, and to close schools and businesses in areas with high infection rates.

Austria's health minister Rudolf Anschober has resigned, saying he's exhausted.
"I've decided to resign from my job... I'm overworked and powered out," he says, adding that his 15 months in the role has felt like 15 years.
He has been off work since last week, and he also took a week off sick last month and checked into a hospital.

Three elderly Covid patients have died in Romania after a malfunction in a mobile intensive care unit’s oxygen supply. The ventilators stopped working because oxygen levels rose too high, officials in Bucharest said.

Belgian prosecutors have launched an investigation into threats made against virologist Marc van Ranst,who fronts Belgium’s anti-Covid campaign. Mr van Ranst says he’s fed up with constant death threats – the latest is allegedly from a dance manager. The virologist has had to have police protection for months.

Ireland has become the latest European country to limit the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca drug to over 60s. Extremely rare blood clots have been linked to the drug but the EU’s medical regulator say the benefits outweigh any risk.

French Prime Minister Jean Castex is expected to tell parliament today that regional elections will take place on two weekends running in the second half of June. The government asked 35,000 local mayors what they thought and most of them agreed they should go ahead.

The authorities in Botswana have stopped vaccination in some regions saying doses allocated to them have been depleted.
The country has so far vaccinated 17,808 people, according to data from the health ministry.

Old 04-13-21, 11:13 AM   #6910
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

The COVID song

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 01:20 PM   #6911
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-21, 01:22 PM   #6912
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

There have been a further 23 coronavirus-related deaths in the UK, according to government data.

It means a total of 127,123 people have now died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test.

A total of 2,472 new cases were detected.

Old 04-13-21, 03:17 PM   #6913
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The COVID song

Grohl's as good as ever, and
nice text

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 04:40 AM   #6914
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

This looks promising but sadly, I think it was brought about as a result of our 'friends and allies' attitude namely the EU

Quote:
Mix and match vaccine study extended to include Moderna and Novavax jabs

A study assessing the benefits of mixing and matching coronavirus vaccines has been extended to include the Moderna and Novavax jabs.

The Com-Cov study, led by the University of Oxford, has been investigating the immune responses of volunteers given a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine followed by the Pfizer jab - and vice versa.

The UK has secured 100 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, 40 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, 60 million doses of the Novavax jab, and 17 million doses of the Moderna jab.

Novavax has not been given the green light for use in the UK but the company has applied for approval.

Professor Snape will explain at a briefing on Wednesday that Novavax is different from other vaccines and so it is a good idea to include it in the additional study.

Professor Snape said the J&J vaccine, which also has not yet been approved for use in the UK, is a singe-dose treatment and is therefore not useful for this trial.

The results from the initial Com-Cov study, which began in February, are due in around a week's time.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...out&li=BBoPWjQ

Old 04-14-21, 04:52 AM   #6915
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Quarter of Covid deaths not caused by virus, new figures show

The latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show that 23 per cent of coronavirus deaths registered are now people who have died "with" the virus rather than "from" an infection.

This means that, while the person who died will have tested positive for Covid, that was not the primary cause of their death recorded on the death certificate.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...out&li=AAnZ9Ug

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan