SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Wolfpack: the new multiplayer co-op U-boat simulation > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-2021, 12:19 AM   #16
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1048
Uploads: 0

i know Neal for 20 years he has earn the trust time after time,he has always been a man of his word when i heard him and subsim was backing this i didn't think twice about buying it hadn't it play it much but hope that changes,as i see it me and you we just bought the game in a ea state your rolling the dice if it hits it hits if it don't it just don't but my money is on Neal,i don't care how long it takes on updates let then release them when there done don't start releasing crap just because the natives are restless and banging on drums cause when they have to do a update to fix a update that going po a lot of people in no time at all.far has the kids of today goes i got several on the bus that i got into playing subs,far has communication Neal posted he talks too them once a week then that good enough for me.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday."John Wayne
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #17
ceh
Sailor man

Downloads: 8

Software dev here... I understand both sides of this little argument here.

In all honesty, this is going dead slow. But it seems to be going. All we can do is keep supporting and hope that sometime before our fingers are unable to press keys, we'll be able to enjoy this masterpiece in the making.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:17 AM   #18
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 459
Uploads: 214

Hey ceh, thanks for the feedback and thanks for stepping up to an Ace

A reel shocker: https://youtu.be/vWTr8me3JlM
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #19
ceh
Sailor man

Downloads: 8

Don't mention it, I wish I could do more. I'm sure you have dev.s offering their time left and right though
Old 04-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #20
jrb531
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozel1 View Post
Is there any type of answer that would actually satisfy you? Seems like that if there is an answer for your question, you demand more.
Seems like to me that your demands are starting a borderline of "personal issues".
Can you reference to something that would require the devs to release weekly, monthly updates? Or is this your personal wish?
Sorry, I understand the amount of work that goes into developing software (any type) so maybe I am fine with an update when something reaches a milestone and a release worthy announcement.

I don't mean any offense, just my personal observation on this thread.

I'm looking for something pretty simple and no I do not have personal issues that I know of

What caused the significant delay in releasing the patch due in 2020 and when is this patch, now four months late, due?

Can we, in the future, get some "real" updates instead of the usual "so-in-so" is working on xyz?

If someone is creating new ships, why not show us your work each week?

If someone is patching the netcode, how is this going and why does it take so long?

You see it's all about communication. It's free, builds trust and shows us all the hard work that is going into the sim.

Why is this request somehow strange?
jrb531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #21
jrb531
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
i know Neal for 20 years he has earn the trust time after time,he has always been a man of his word when i heard him and subsim was backing this i didn't think twice about buying it hadn't it play it much but hope that changes,as i see it me and you we just bought the game in a ea state your rolling the dice if it hits it hits if it don't it just don't but my money is on Neal,i don't care how long it takes on updates let then release them when there done don't start releasing crap just because the natives are restless and banging on drums cause when they have to do a update to fix a update that going po a lot of people in no time at all.far has the kids of today goes i got several on the bus that i got into playing subs,far has communication Neal posted he talks too them once a week then that good enough for me.

Please take no offense but I do not know Neal for 20 years. Sounds like someone I wish I had known for 20 years. I hope you can appreciate that saying that you know someone you trust who says that all is well because he talks to the devs who told him all is well....

Well this is not exactly what I was looking for

It's so simple and yes I sound like a broken record.

We saw rapid and continuous progress for about 18 months and now ZERO progress for 7+ months. Detailed progress updates is not unreasonable to expect at this time.

I'll stop posting as I know I must be annoying people. Keeping my fingers crossed that all this faith in the dev is warranted.
jrb531 is offline   Reply With Quote