SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-21, 10:39 PM   #46
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

You know how I can tell the world is getting dumber all the time, people not seeming to know the difference between frozen and refrigerated. It's like,"Would you put your lettuce in the same place you would put your ice cream? No? So why in frick would you do it in a store?!"
Old 04-04-21, 09:53 AM   #47
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Because they were too lazy to put it back properly when they decided not to buy it.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 01:30 PM   #48
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Because they were too lazy to put it back properly when they decided not to buy it.
The shopping cart (trolley, buggy, etc.) and the cart return test holds true - people who are too lazy to return something where it belongs are garbage humans.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 07:49 AM   #49
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Or they just don't care. Six one, half the other. Then there's the people who use their arms like a rudder and shove everything all over the place looking for something and then are the first people to complain about how messed up the shelf is.
Old 04-05-21, 01:12 PM   #50
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
You know how I can tell the world is getting dumber all the time, people not seeming to know the difference between frozen and refrigerated. It's like,"Would you put your lettuce in the same place you would put your ice cream? No? So why in frick would you do it in a store?!"
One of my pet hates when out shopping with the wife

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 01:25 PM   #51
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Because a majority of the humans are heading towards stupidity.

Let me give you an example from Denmark-A huge majority are in no way interested in science related tv-program or magazine-They want channels where there's no need for activating their braincells.

A seller of tv-package told me this some years ago.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 04:14 PM   #52
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Because a majority of the humans are heading towards stupidity.

Let me give you an example from Denmark-A huge majority are in no way interested in science related tv-program or magazine-They want channels where there's no need for activating their braincells.

A seller of tv-package told me this some years ago.

Markus

Your TV package seller is assuming that their platform is where people prefer to study science. What he forgets is that he sells an ENTERTAINMENT platform. It's small wonder that most of their users will prefer entertainment based programming over dry educational stuff. It's not what they're there for. It'd be like going to a ball game and not understanding why nobody want's to sit in the stands and talk about geology.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 06:04 AM   #53
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Your TV package seller is assuming that their platform is where people prefer to study science. What he forgets is that he sells an ENTERTAINMENT platform. It's small wonder that most of their users will prefer entertainment based programming over dry educational stuff. It's not what they're there for. It'd be like going to a ball game and not understanding why nobody want's to sit in the stands and talk about geology.
I kinda have to agree with him to an extent. How many "buy this crap even though you don't need it and will go broke paying for it all" home shopping channels are on most cable networks? How many Literacy Channel type channels have been kicked off to make room for them? How much crap is on TLC or Discovery as compared to when they first started broadcasting?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 08:53 AM   #54
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

There is a reason T.V's are also known as "idiot boxes".
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 10:20 PM   #55
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
I kinda have to agree with him to an extent. How many "buy this crap even though you don't need it and will go broke paying for it all" home shopping channels are on most cable networks? How many Literacy Channel type channels have been kicked off to make room for them? How much crap is on TLC or Discovery as compared to when they first started broadcasting?
You don't actually think that subscribers are telling their cable operators to give them more home shopping channels. What the cable companies choose to broadcast is what makes them the most money and they'll happily shove crap down their subscribers throats to do it knowing they have a captive audience. Besides they have thousands of channel slots they could fill if they wanted to. I don't buy the argument that anything has to be kicked off to make room for anything else.

What would prove you wrong is if subscribers were able to pick and choose which channels they wanted instead of being forced to take all those home shopping networks in the cable "package". But you'll never see that until their monopoly is broken.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote