SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-13, 04:18 PM   #1
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [REL] Remove "story" dialogue options

Is there a mod for, and if not, which file do I edit to remove all the "story" dialogue options such as asking crew members about their families etc?

Couldn't find anything on the topic via the forum search.

EDIT: Found a solution. Download this mod to get rid of story dialog options for all campaigns: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ig...%20options.rar

Should be compatible with all other mods and from my testing can be enabled during patrol. (Use JSGME) Note: I haven't played further than Coastal waters yet, but it should work on all campaigns. Let me know if something is wrong.

EDIT2: it seems removing those lines messes up other lines and some abilities may not work properly.

Last edited by neigenoirejz; 12-15-13 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-13-13, 08:48 AM   #2
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by neigenoirejz View Post
Is there a mod for, and if not, which file do I edit to remove all the "story" dialogue options such as asking crew members about their families etc?

Couldn't find anything on the topic via the forum search.
This the mod that adds dialogue for clues to your request.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...06#post1335506

Work in progress for future development still:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205078
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 09:14 AM   #3
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have MCCD installed, but it doesn't appear to remove those dialogue options for me.
Old 12-13-13, 10:26 AM   #4
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have MCCD installed, but it doesn't appear to remove those dialogue options for me.
Please read all documentation next time. MCCD clearly states in its' thread on post #1 that it adds dialogue, and probably in the readme.txt in the documentation folder for mod. (Not at game computer at the moment.)

You never mentioned that you had MCCD installed. MCCD adds dialogue, remove MCCD then.
Old 12-13-13, 11:40 AM   #5
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

I do not believe there is a mod that removes any of the conversations about "families" with the crew. The reason beins is that it is a part of the morale system in this game (odd, weird, but whatever) that nobody really cared to really change. There are mods (like MCCD) that expand and make it better, but there is no mod that removes it all.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 11:51 AM   #6
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
remove MCCD then.
I think you misread or misinterpreted my OP - I want to remove certain dialogue options that are already in the stock game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
I do not believe there is a mod that removes any of the conversations about "families" with the crew. The reason beins is that it is a part of the morale system in this game (odd, weird, but whatever) that nobody really cared to really change. There are mods (like MCCD) that expand and make it better, but there is no mod that removes it all.
I see. I'm also using Reworked Morale and abilities, which to my knowledge disables gaining morale by talking to crew members. That makes those dialogue options obsolete and after a time just plain annoying. If it's possible to add new dialogue options (as evident in MCCD), it should be possible to remove them also, right? I'm guessing it would require simply putting a semicolon before some lines, but I might be wrong.

I'm very nitpicky when it comes to menus. I want to see only relevant info (special abilities and other commands) in the dialogue menu.
Old 12-13-13, 11:56 AM   #7
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I think you misread or misinterpreted my OP - I want to remove certain dialogue options that are already in the stock game.

I see. I'm also using Reworked Morale and abilities, which to my knowledge disables gaining morale by talking to crew members. That makes those dialogue options obsolete and after a time just plain annoying. If it's possible to add new dialogue options (as evident in MCCD), it should be possible to remove them also, right? I'm guessing it would require simply putting a semicolon before some lines, but I might be wrong.

I'm very nitpicky when it comes to menus. I want to see only relevant info (special abilities and other commands) in the dialogue menu.
Don't know. Never worked with the dialoges, so all I can recommend is go ahead and try. Just make sure to back things up.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 12:55 PM   #8
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I did not misread or misinterpret ANYTHING if you do not state ALL facts in post #1. stock game ? - Then why is this being mentioned in the SH5 Mods forum where no mods are listed in post #1? Then mods are mentioned after we ask and/or provide more information. Specifics are important. I made the suggestion of where to look. Clues from files of the mods I mentioned, that is all.

I can not read minds or your computer data telepathically!! Now you mention Reworked Morale and abilities as another mod. Modlist order could affect things, too. Provide complete modlist then.

We need all facts to help you out properly. Add the list to this thread of what dialogue options you want removed.

Once I understand the **. aix files more on my [wip] voices reloaded project, perhaps I can repost the fix here in the future of what stock dialogue to remove for your preference.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 12-17-13 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-13-13, 01:09 PM   #9
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh, I see. I misinterpreted your post.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at the mod's files. I'll add a list of options when I'm at my gaming computer.
Old 12-13-13, 01:16 PM   #10
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I'll have a look at the mod's files. I'll add a list of options when I'm at my gaming computer.
Now others and I can help you better and more efficiently once all facts are provided.

Who knows??? Maybe helping you in the stock dialogue issue will give me clues to improve on the mod I am working on; where otherwise I might not see a problem.
Old 12-13-13, 02:55 PM   #11
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok, so here's the list:

1. Watch Officer:
Number Two, how's your family?

2. Executive Officer:
Do you think we stand a chance against the Royal Navy?

3. Chief Engineer:
How is the wife, Josef?

4. Radioman:
How is your brother. I heard he is on the Bismarck?

5. Soundman:
How are you doing?

6. Bosun:
Are you still writing in that book of yours?

7. Cook:
Hackl, I see you brought your violin along.

Edit: It's interesting that all these options don't seem to appear in historical missions.

Last edited by neigenoirejz; 12-13-13 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 04:38 PM   #12
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

After some experimentation and lots of CTDs I'm happy to say that I've found a solution!

Crew member script files had to be edited in data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\*CAMPAIGN NAME*\Scripts\AI\Dialogs

Lines such as "Dialog:AddDialogLine( "Text_Dialog_148" );" had to be removed in order for the dialog options to disappear in game.

I've compiled a quick archive of removed dialog options for all campaigns: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ig...%20options.rar

Should be compatible with all other mods and from my testing can be enabled during patrol. (Use JSGME)

Last edited by neigenoirejz; 12-13-13 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 05:54 PM   #13
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Crew member script files had to be edited in data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\*CAMPAIGN NAME*\Scripts\AI\Dialogs

Lines such as "Dialog:AddDialogLine( "Text_Dialog_148" );" had to be removed in order for the dialog options to disappear in game.
Thank you for the information sharing. Now more things to investigate for curiosity or more.

I either totally forgot about the script folders there, or never spotted them while investigating anything in the Campaigns\CampaignProjects\*CAMPAIGN NAME\Scripts\AI\Dialogs.

Stuff I am working on is in the subfolders of data\Scripts\AI.
Old 12-15-13, 08:14 AM   #14
neigenoirejz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Update: it seems removing those lines messes up other lines and some abilities may not work properly.