SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-20, 05:53 PM   #3286
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

When you need an article, you can't find it.

It was a Danish article in which they wrote WHO was supporting The Swedish Covid-19 politics and other countries should do the same.

When I read it, I was thinking...many have criticized Sweden for this.
Is WHO correct in this ?

Edit
found it and even so an English article

Quote:
I think if we are to reach a new normal, Sweden represents a model if we wish to get back to a society in which we don’t have lockdowns,” Ryan said.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/who-la...irus-lockdown/

End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 04-30-20 at 06:10 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 07:32 PM   #3287
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The WHO, like so many other UN departments, is deeply lobbyistic, corrupted and dominated by a few players in the background. In case of the WHO, that is China.

Maybe United Nations should be renamed into Universal Rot.

On Covid 19, the WHO was not ust weeks but months late in recoignising it as a pandemic, the WHO was absurd in its recommendatiosn and advices to the public, the WHO was incompetent, the WHO was delaying, the WHO was glossing over. And all that time and again, for weeks. I am sick and tired of their bull. Which fits nicely into my general view of all of the UN, and my opinion that bureaucratic monster organisations of the size like these are inefficient, a woin derful playgroudn for bribery and corruption, and a fantastic hideout for incompetent but overpaid networking career technocrats. I just do not trust nor beleive in supranational organisations, most of the time at least. They are bigger than big states, and I already do not like "big state".
Old 04-30-20, 07:38 PM   #3288
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
If you and I are correct that it is a bio-weapon gone wrong then the lying Chinese have put the blame on a live animal market in the same city, but the bats in question did not come from that area, which leaves the lab experimented with the bats that contributed to the virus and then sold the animals (plus other animals) to the market to make some pocket change.
I do not believe the bio weapon or the lab escape theory anymore. Due to the research done on the virus itself - and the results not indicating that such work was done on it.
Old 04-30-20, 07:43 PM   #3289
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I like Joe

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 04:52 AM   #3290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

More than 1,014,000 people known to have had the virus globally have recovered, Johns Hopkins University says.

It remains unclear how many people who were not tested have also made a recovery.

US President Donald Trump says he has seen evidence the virus originated in a lab in Wuhan, without giving details.

However, US intelligence agencies conclude the virus was not man-made or genetically modified.

The UK government says it is "likely to get very close to or meet" its target of 100,000 daily coronavirus tests.

Some Australian states are easing their restrictions as the number of cases fall, starting with the Northern Territory.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 05:30 AM   #3291
Skybird
Soaring

Yale study claims number of corona deaths up to twice as high as previously assumed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/yale...20-4?r=DE&IR=T
Old 05-01-20, 06:23 AM   #3292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-01-20, 06:35 AM   #3293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

May Day like no other for Europe

In France, it is usually a day of union marches when people buy lily of the valley from the local florists. But florists are shut, and instead people will bang on pots and pans on balconies, as they do every evening, and there will be online protests.

A three-hour live streamed protest is planned in Germany, although some mini-demos are planned in Berlin. One party leader, Christian Lindner, says it should be a day for jobs rather than Labour Day, as more than 10 million workers have signed up to a German state salary scheme.

Portugal's main union federation will hold events in 24 towns, but only union officials will attend.

Protesters in Greece have maintained social distancing with a rally outside parliament in Athens, defying the government's plea for the day to be postponed until 9 May.

In Austria, 1 May is the day for all shops, hairdressers and beauty salons to reopen, but most are likely to stay closed for the day.

May Day in Finland is normally a big deal, with communal picnics and rallies. Now it's all moved online with a broad array of political speeches going out instead on social media.

Italian President Sergio Mattarrella has given a May Day address. "There can be no Republic without work... Because work is a condition of freedom, dignity and autonomy for people."

Old 05-01-20, 06:49 AM   #3294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

New data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) shows that the rate of deaths involving Covid-19 is roughly twice as high in the most deprived areas of England and Wales than in the least deprived.

In a sign of the challenge post-lockdown life will pose for many countries, the head of the UK's biggest airport - Heathrow - has warned that introducing social distancing at airports is "physically impossible".

Every day, more cars are appearing on the roads of the Chinese capital, and residents are now starting to see a phenomenon which they’d not experienced for over three months… traffic jams.

The Czech Republic has launched its "smart quarantine" system of contact-tracing using a mobile phone app.

Iran's death toll from Covid-19 increased by 63 in the past 24 hours to 6,091, Reuters quotes health ministry spokesman Kianush Jahanpur as saying in a statement carried on state TV on Friday.

In France, the government has released a map on which it is basing its strategy of lifting the lockdown.
It shows the areas that have been worst-hit by the pandemic and where hospitals are under the most strain.
The regions are broken down into red, yellow and green, indicating which have been the worst affected.
The “green zones” will be able to lift some restrictions more rapidly, the government says.
There were 289 deaths in France on Thursday, bringing the total to 24,376.

Spain's coronavirus death toll rose to 24,824 on Friday as 281 more people died from causes related to the disease. The previous day's death toll was 268.
The country's health ministry added that the number of new Covid-19 cases rose to a total of 215,216 from 213,435 the day before.

The first professional tennis tournament of the Covid-19 era is set to begin on Friday in Germany.
The four-day Tennis Point series, in Koblenz, will be played without fans, line judges, ball girls and boys or handshakes, although it will be televised live.

The first train carrying migrant workers stranded by a nationwide lockdown in India has left the southern state of Telangana.
Some 1,200 workers are on the non-stop train to Jharkhand state in the east. Each carriage is carrying 54 passengers instead of the usual 72 to maintain social distancing, officials say.

Dozens of street performers and children’s entertainers protested on the streets of Mexico City on Thursday, demanding financial support from the government while they were out of work.
“Clowns need support” was one of the chants.

The majority of health workers in Kenya have been forced to reuse personal protective equipment (PPE), according to a study by Kenya Legal and Ethical Issues Network (Kelin).

Old 05-01-20, 06:54 AM   #3295
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Two (2) more years!

I believe ... this is not fear to stay at home and order food
and groceries this is wisdom

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...ew-report-says

Coronavirus to likely last two years, new report says

Quote:
The coronavirus pandemic will likely not be controlled until two-thirds of the world’s population is immune to the disease and countries should be prepared “for possible periodic" outbreaks over the next two years, a new study said.

ARE COVID TOES A REAL SYMPTOM?

Bloomberg reported that a study from the Center for Infectious Disease Research at the University of Minnesota suggested that there are several reasons why COVID-19 containment will be so challenging. Among them is the theory that those not showing symptoms may be most infectious.

CLICK FOR THE LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS

It has been widely reported that without a proven treatment, vaccine or cure, governments will have to limit social interaction.

The coronavirus is considered highly contagious and most dangerous for the elderly population and those with comorbidities. Health officials in the U.S. believe that shelter-in-place orders contributed to a lower-than-expected infection rate.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:10 AM   #3296
Skybird
Soaring

I beleive that those will be shown right who claimed from very early on that this Corona virus will join the chorus of other Corona virusses and become integral part of the seasonal music that we have every year. It will not go away. We will just become more competent in handling it.

What we now need for a perfect doomsday recipe is another Corona wave meeting a one week power blackout. That could indeed catapult us back a century or so.

I think this is the big inherent risk of Covid 19. It leaves us so little room for handling other eventualities.
Old 05-01-20, 08:39 AM   #3297
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downing Street says setting the target of 100,000 coronavirus tests per day had been “very effective” in increasing the capacity for the number of tests.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock is expected to reveal whether the government has met the target later today.
The most recent figures available for the 24 hours up to 09:00 BST on Thursday showed that 81,611 tests were provided in the UK, while the total testing capacity was 86,565.

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has suggested he might extend the country's state of emergency by about a month.
Japan, with a population of 126 million, has had more than 14,000 cases and 430 deaths from Covid-19, according to Johns Hopkins University.

A politician in India has called for the immediate reopening of shops selling alcohol as a way to tackle the virus, even though the World Health Organization (WHO) has specifically warned against alcohol consumption as a means to stop it.
The WHO says alcohol does not offer any protection and could increase the risk of other health problems.
Alcohol-based sanitisers are recommended for hand cleaning, and these should contain at least 60% alcohol in order to be effective.

Old 05-01-20, 10:52 AM   #3298
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Some days ago I could read in a Danish article, that this Corona had killed more Americans than they lost in the Vietnam war.

(Maybe not nice to write)

Couldn't help thinking

WOW this little invincible bastard manage to kill more than 59000 American in 1˝-2 month where it toke Vietcong and other anti-American forces several years to archive the same result.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 01:47 PM   #3299
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-01-20, 01:50 PM   #3300
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Health Secretary Matt Hancock says there has been an "unprecedented" rise in coronavirus testing in the UK

He says the target of 100,000 daily tests has been met - Labour says the figures are misleading.

Millions of children risk missing out on vital vaccines as shipments are delayed because of the pandemic's impact on aviation, the UN warns.

May Day rallies take place globally in support of workers' rights - but in scaled back or socially-distanced form.

More than 1,014,000 people known to have had the virus globally have recovered, Johns Hopkins University says.

It remains unclear how many people who were not tested have also made a recovery.

US President Donald Trump says he has seen evidence the virus originated in a lab in Wuhan, without giving details.

However, US intelligence agencies conclude the virus was not man-made or genetically modified.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan