SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-06, 10:22 PM   #1
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Detectable noises(other than NB/BB/active) and Violation of ROE

Two things:

1. We can go as far as the imagination and realms of practicality allow us to go on this one, but what are some reasonable ideas of detectable noises besides listening for a BB/NB contacts and active returns?

With the right conditions most of this can be done easily with doctrine and I can have acoustics actually report the noise source to the skipper(you) for brief moments of time as well as in error due to path loss with respect to object distance. Some ideas that come to mind are the following:

Aged control planes: Haven’t been serviced and treated in a while

Hull popping: certainly not in shallow waters – well I guess it depends on how shallow is shallow

Reactor noise transients: seems practical and I wonder how that would sound to the ear? High-pitched tone maybe?

On board accidents: Resulting in loud brief noises - something falling over and crashing on floor

Mechanical failure: Failures of machinery making noises until secured and repaired/replaced

Use of mechanical devices: such as towed arrays and floating wires

Radiated aircraft noise: as the typhoon detected the asw MP before attack in HFRO

Break waves crashing against the hull of surface craft: FFG in a high sea state

2. In a real life situation how would violation of ROE be handled between two opposing forces?
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-06, 11:30 AM   #2
GhOsT55
Loader

Downloads: 0

2. if the xo felt it wrong he could try a mutney on the captin or the people back on land could court marshhel him
Old 07-06-06, 01:29 PM   #3
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT55
2. if the xo felt it wrong he could try a mutney on the captin or the people back on land could court marshhel him
Ah ha!

That makes sense ghOsT55

Assuming the XO felt differently and tried mutiny on the skipper:

The worst that can happen to the assigned skipper is the misson can't be completed and is over with, at the same time a new misson awaits the XO as he/she is to resume command of the vessel.

I guess on the multiplayer level(which is where I’m going with this) and how this map is setup it would translate into mission can't be completed for both sides.

Since side 2 needs side 1 to complete side 2 missing tasking, but if ROE is violated by side 1, then side 1 misson can't be completed, and because of that side 2 can't complete tasking either.

Thanks for input ghOsT

So how do you feel about item 1?
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote