SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-18, 01:26 PM   #1
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222
Uploads: 0

A great job!

Is it the patch for full map compatible with H.sie Patch for SH3.exe? Can you run the bat file on an SH3.exe patched with H.sie patch?

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 02:00 PM   #2
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

yes it is but you need to do it last
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 02:08 PM   #3
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrody View Post
yes it is but you need to do it last
Last the bat, I think.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 06:35 PM   #4
kranklys74
Seaman

Downloads: 145

Silent Hunter III has stopped working. Starting to new career (Windows 10 x64)
kranklys74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 07:58 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

kranklys74!after a 3 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 03:24 AM   #6
Vostok
Swabbie

Downloads: 144

Essential to play in 2019 Thank you! Would a 2560x1440 version ever be possible? (I do not realize the difficulty of making such a mod, excuse me in advance if it seems rude to ask) The game is gorgeous in 2K (but no compatible interface unfortunately).
Vostok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 07:08 PM   #7
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Thank you for this outstanding GUI! It is essencial to play SH3 in modern hardare!
If i may issue a suggestion/request:
I would love to see the torpedo fast attack charts on my UZO view. For those fast, night surface attacks!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 04:37 AM   #8
RunningDepth
Nub

Downloads: 3

Thank you for this superb GUI, I just started approaching the world of SH3 modding a few weeks ago and I wish now I did it years ago

I noticed that now I'm getting a weird black layer/tansparent box over the ESB once I open it. Is this "working-as-intented"? Does anyone know what part of the mod could be causing it and how could I remove it?

I've pretty much isolated this issue to the ARBGUI as I'm not getting it with other 1920x1080 wide gui's like Ahnenerbe, I tried reinstalling the game from scratch, reinstalled and tested all the mods one by one, tested with minimal mods configurations etc.. but it comes back once I enable this gui. The rest of the GUI and tools are working flawlessly, using the maps in full screen is the best thing since sliced bread

This is my JSGME mod list (GWX3.0):

GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)
FixAllSubGWX
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
ARB WideGui 1920x1080
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3.1
Optional O2-Gauges v2 (JSGME)
TychoSh3Patch
RunningDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 11:35 PM   #9
rampam
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Default lrs

hello,

i know it's in the title (1920x1080) but i was wondering if anyone knows a way to make this mod work on lower resolutions aswell (mi laptop can go only up to 720p and my pc is busted atm) i found a .ini file where i was able to modify the resolution, it got past the start up crash, but the gui is croped.. are there any other files i can mess around with to maybe downscale the mod? thank yooou ^_^
rampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 11:45 PM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

rampam!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 05:15 AM   #11
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > rampam
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 03:59 AM   #12
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

Skinny try redoing the TychoSh3Patch patch. It is steps eleven and twelve of my larger post.

Make sure to download the TychoSh3Patch patch from the link in my post. There are many out there but that one worked for me.
4H_Ccrashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 03:30 PM   #13
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

Do these options still work for people? I am using ARB over h.sie and they don't appear to do anything. If not, is there a fix?

Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 01:32 PM   #14
malc-c
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Error whilst patching

Hi Guys,

I used to have a retail version of SH3 when it was first released some 25 years back, but haven't played it in decades, mainly as when we had a big sort out a few years back I through the DVD away.

I've been following Wolfpack345's videos in which he uses this 1080p patch / mod. So having a steam account I paid my £2.99 and downloaded the game which naturally runs in the 768 resolution

So downloaded this patch having browsed back through his back catalogue of videos, and followed the instructions. It all goes well until I try and run the batch file when I get this error

Code:
a8e75: 0 0, but currently 42

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . .
I spent best part of a day reading through huge long threads on here, most of which originated years back... getting confused as I opened more and more pages from links. From what I can gather, some versions of SH3 have their EXE file modified in some way....

Can anyone advise / give me a link to a 1080p mod that works with the steam version ??

Malcolm
malc-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 08:12 AM   #15
malc-c
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc-c View Post
Hi Guys,

I used to have a retail version of SH3 when it was first released some 25 years back, but haven't played it in decades, mainly as when we had a big sort out a few years back I through the DVD away.

I've been following Wolfpack345's videos in which he uses this 1080p patch / mod. So having a steam account I paid my £2.99 and downloaded the game which naturally runs in the 768 resolution

So downloaded this patch having browsed back through his back catalogue of videos, and followed the instructions. It all goes well until I try and run the batch file when I get this error

Code:
a8e75: 0 0, but currently 42

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . .
I spent best part of a day reading through huge long threads on here, most of which originated years back... getting confused as I opened more and more pages from links. From what I can gather, some versions of SH3 have their EXE file modified in some way....

Can anyone advise / give me a link to a 1080p mod that works with the steam version ??

Malcolm
Since I posted the above which as a new member I had to wait for the post to become live, I've now resolved this issue.

I found that if I followed the instructions to the letter it resulted in a black screen after the initial intro movies. So I just tried copying the batch files and the config file, but left the data folder as is. I also used the V16B1 mod to change the SH3 exe from steam to the stock version so the Tycho batch file worked. Through trial and error it patched the exe successfully and the game now runs at 1920 x 1080 resolution

Juts got to remember how to play the game now
malc-c is offline   Reply With Quote