SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-13, 07:08 PM   #2791
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
[/SIZE]On the other hand - the swastika in his avatar is reversed
Right! Like the India one

I'm ok with Glock30Eric avatar BTW...
Just couldn't pass over when he said "a nazi game with nazi submarine"
Old 03-19-13, 08:26 PM   #2792
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

This whole discussion on the nazi avatar reminded me of this French movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179121/
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 08:45 PM   #2793
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
This whole discussion on the nazi avatar reminded me of this French movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179121/
Excellent movie! It's already translated in English?
Old 03-20-13, 12:04 PM   #2794
Troutish
Sailor man

Downloads: 18

Another mission idea:

-A number of small, stripped down frieghters have been seen leaving harbor X with naval personell aboard. It is thought they may be used as targets in naval gunnery or torpedo/ bomb practice.

-the carrier Y was seen leaving port Z on the same day after having loaded new torpedo and dive bombers aboard

It is thought that the two groups will rendezvous for torpedo / bomb plane training in the area of .......

your orders are to find the excersise area, close within xxxxx distance of the target ships and observe at least 1 torpedo or bomb attack on the target ships. To find the carrier group, observe the flight patterns of naval aircraft.
Troutish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 03:31 PM   #2795
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Quote:
Sarcastic or not, it's understandable my mates react in the ways they do on Glock30Eric's avatar and it might be an unnecessarily challenging way to present oneself.

After all, the swastika is a Chinese character for infinite numbers, or even Indian (from India that is) for "be good" and as 'Glock30Eric' claims he's a libertarian he should be treated like one.

And - don't forget - the German navy in WWII was never as connected to the party as the other military barnches were (thanks to Dönitz).

As we need all mates around here - (don't get me wrong here, please) you're welcomed by me
Glock30Eric.

BTW - the swastika in 'Glock30Eric's avatar is reversed
What more can be said Steel?
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 08:52 PM   #2796
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey Trevally,

Is there a way to generate random sub-missions, so that if you are finished one of the main ones and there is plenty of time until the next event pops up, then a new sub-mission will pop up to give you another random task to do? Maybe like using conditionals?

For example: we have the Atlantic Air Gap until January 1941, but the Western Approaches mission doesn't begin until the first of October. If we finish AAG early, it does something like "If AAG is complete and if it's before September 1, then generate random mission."

These random missions don't even need to have much renown or any at all attached to them, but just something to add immersion with Bdu sending you some more directives.

What do you think about that? Is that possible or is it that the missions must only be set up in the campaign ahead of time and there's no way around that?
Old 03-22-13, 06:03 AM   #2797
Glock30Eric
Ru$

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Sarcastic or not, it's understandable my mates react in the ways they do on Glock30Eric's avatar and it might be an unnecessarily challenging way to present oneself.

After all, the swastika is a Chinese character for infinite numbers, or even Indian (from India that is) for "be good" and as 'Glock30Eric' claims he's a libertarian he should be treated like one.

And - don't forget - the German navy in WWII was never as connected to the party as the other military barnches were (thanks to Dönitz).

As we need all mates around here - (don't get me wrong here, please) you're welcomed by me
Glock30Eric.

BTW - the swastika in 'Glock30Eric's avatar is reversed
lol i'll leave that reversed.
Old 03-22-13, 07:27 AM   #2798
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
lol i'll leave that reversed.
That’s probably a good idea. I agree that we don’t want to exclude people from this forum (unless they start espousing a real Nazi point of view – then I would want someone to draw the line). That said, Glock30Eric, if that is your picture in your avatar, then you are clearly too young to have experienced the enormous harm the Nazis did. There are people in many countries , probably some people on this forum, who lost family to the Nazis and who have some horrific personal memories. I am not one of those, but I confess to a certain disquiet playing the German side: What if I do really well and help my fictive country win the war? (Hasen't happeneded yet!) Point is, this is not IMHO not just another a case of the hypersensitivity which seems to be rampant in Western culture these days. Respect and understanding need to go both ways.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 03-22-13 at 07:38 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 02:18 PM   #2799
Glock30Eric
Ru$

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
That’s probably a good idea. I agree that we don’t want to exclude people from this forum (unless they start espousing a real Nazi point of view – then I would want someone to draw the line). That said, Glock30Eric, if that is your picture in your avatar, then you are clearly too young to have experienced the enormous harm the Nazis did. There are people in many countries , probably some people on this forum, who lost family to the Nazis and who have some horrific personal memories. I am not one of those, but I confess to a certain disquiet playing the German side: What if I do really well and help my fictive country win the war? (Hasen't happeneded yet!) Point is, this is not IMHO not just another a case of the hypersensitivity which seems to be rampant in Western culture these days. Respect and understanding need to go both ways.
My grandma who adapted my mother went through the holocaust camps for 3 years. She survived the war and she recently passed away. I have visited all three camps where she went through. It was totally horrible. I despite Nazism but I love the Nazi military. It is amazing that they rose to an almost super-power from nothing within 5 years (1939 to 1944).
Old 03-23-13, 02:49 PM   #2800
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hey Trevally,

Is there a way to generate random sub-missions, so that if you are finished one of the main ones and there is plenty of time until the next event pops up, then a new sub-mission will pop up to give you another random task to do? Maybe like using conditionals?

For example: we have the Atlantic Air Gap until January 1941, but the Western Approaches mission doesn't begin until the first of October. If we finish AAG early, it does something like "If AAG is complete and if it's before September 1, then generate random mission."

These random missions don't even need to have much renown or any at all attached to them, but just something to add immersion with Bdu sending you some more directives.

What do you think about that? Is that possible or is it that the missions must only be set up in the campaign ahead of time and there's no way around that?
Hi 7Infanterie19

I will have to think about this.
I could be possible to add extra campaign objectives that will only appear if you finish one early.
This could then be used to triggor the missions - missions can only be loaded into the campaign as you jump into your boat in the bunker
Old 03-23-13, 07:26 PM   #2801
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
My grandma who adapted my mother went through the holocaust camps for 3 years. She survived the war and she recently passed away. I have visited all three camps where she went through. It was totally horrible. I despite Nazism but I love the Nazi military. It is amazing that they rose to an almost super-power from nothing within 5 years (1939 to 1944).
I am glad we are in agreement.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 03:20 AM   #2802
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
My grandmother and my mother's three sisters died in Leningrad (Saint-Petersburg) from hunger! One grandfather died in Stalingrad, the other grandfather ended the war in Königsberg and he always said German soldiers skilled soldiers! And he never watched movies about the war! I am interested in the history of WWII, and I understand that the war was beginning to policy, and ordinary people suffer!
I think the problem is not with the swastika, but the problem is always in people!
Tears and death can be any flag!
Excuse me for my English!
Old 03-24-13, 03:46 AM   #2803
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
I understand that the war was beginning to policy, and ordinary people suffer!
I think the problem is not with the swastika, but the problem is always in people!
Tears and death can be any flag!
Excuse me for my English!
so true
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 05:50 PM   #2804
UncleKnuckle
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 10

For those of us who find the size and amount of information in this thread (and similar threads) completely overwhelming; is there any "Install Open Horizons II for Dummies" with a simple step by step-guide on how to actually install this mod?
And doeas anyone have a list of which other addons that should be used to supplement OHII to have the ultimate SH5 experience?

Thanks a lot in advance.
UncleKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 06:24 PM   #2805
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleKnuckle View Post
For those of us who find the size and amount of information in this thread (and similar threads) completely overwhelming; is there any "Install Open Horizons II for Dummies" with a simple step by step-guide on how to actually install this mod?
And doeas anyone have a list of which other addons that should be used to supplement OHII to have the ultimate SH5 experience?

Thanks a lot in advance.
check out sober's megamod in this forum at the top (it is sticked).
You don't have to use all the mods that he's using, but it will give you a basic idea on the order.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii