SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-18, 03:16 PM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default Darn this Merchant Freeze Screen Bug is on My New Android Samsung Note 8 too!

Well i contacted Killerfish about the Merchant Freeze Screen Bug looks like we are all stuck with it forever. Well unfortunately I answered my question today about if the Android Version of Atlantic Fleet has the major Merchant Fleet Freeze Bug that messes up the campaign modes of Atlantic Fleet. I have a Brand New Samsung Note 8 and my first campaign playing Germans the game Frooze on the Merchant move screen. Unfortunately you guys ruined what looked like a Perfect World War 2 Ship game. I also had the Freeze happen on my Brand New Acer Gaming Laptop playing my first campaign as the Germans. I will see if I can play the version before you guys ruined your campaign mode, any info or help how I can play the version before the bug appreciated. I am surprised at what seems to be such a Awsesome Gaming Company has no intention of finding or fixing the Campaign Freeze Bug you introduced in the game with the last patch, so far the campaign and game play seemed perfect enough for me and if this is the only major bug I would consider paying $1,000 for a Atlantic Fleet without this Bug and a Atlantic Fleet that can actually go the entire campaign without freezing.

This Merchant Fleet Bug has happened on both devices my first campaign and first to second battle in campaign as playing the Germans.

Does this Merchant Fleet Bug happen if you play the British side too? Please let me know to save me the wasted time and frustration to have the game freeze.

Well if it happens as Playing The British side too, I will not be playing the Atlantic Fleet Campaign anymore, your advice to sink the Merchants quickly is ridiculous, if the Merchant Freeze Bug happens when playing the British, are you going to recommend i sink my own merchant fleet quickly. Campaigns are the best part of a War SIM in my opinion. Damn i thought i finaly found the perfect Atlantic World War 2 Ship fighting game. It's to Bad everyone is so cheap out there, the game is easily worth $50 to a $100, actually with the entertainment some of these game gives me I would pay $250 or more hehe. It's to Bad Atlantic Fleet is such a cheap price, now no money to make the campaign bug free. Well next I will put some time in your other project Cold waters, if it freezes up during the campaign I will have to **** can that one too.

For both of my first campaigns playing the Germans to Freeze on the Merchant Move screen on 2 different Brand New Computers is terrible, i can not believe you have no intention of eliminating the bug, what good is a campaign game that freezes?

Why not make a donate page for fix, I think game should have costed more to begin with.

Well hopefuly maybe the game will not freeze with a earlier version of Atlantic Fleet, but maybe the earlier version has some bad bugs you fixed in the last version that will cause serious problems too.

Well I am very disappointed, but on the other hand congratulations on making what almost seemed to be a Perfect World War 2 Campaign Ship Fighting Game.

Hope you guys "Killerfish" change your mind and track down the Merchant Fleet Freeze Bug.

Lonny

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 4:18 PM, Londog
wrote:
THANK YOU for the reply, Is it possible for me to be able to play the version before this bug was introduced, do you know what version that would be for the PC version?

Is it possible once my Alantic Fleet is updated with the latest version, can I go back to the version before this Bug? If so how do I go back to previous version before Bug?

Can I download a old version before the Merchant Freeze Bug, pretty please? Thank You for the help.

Does the latest Android version of Alantic Fleet have the Merchant Freeze Bug?

THESE AI improvements you mention was this upgrade done to the Android version too?

Thank You!

Lonny

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 3:31 PM, support@killerfishgames.com
<support@killerfishgames.com> wrote:
Hi Lonny,

We’d love to get that bug fixed! It was introduced in an update with
some AI improvements and we’ve not been able to reproduce it in house.
Unfortunately there are no plans to update Atlantic Fleet at this time
as it is just too much work.

Sinking the merchants quickly often prevents the issue.

Cheers,
Paul
Quoting Lonny Hodges

> FROM: Lonny Hodges
> SUBJECT: Has the Atlantic Fleet Merchant Freeze Bug been found or fixed
> yet?
> GAME: Atlantic Fleet
> DEVICE: New Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-84ZP Laptop with GeForce MX150
>
> DESCRIPTION:
> THANK YOU for 2 GREAT GAMES CW and AF Only one problem i have ran across
> playing Atlantic Fleet Campaigns is the Merchant Freeze Bug I have
> experienced and also read others have experienced too, it sucks to spend
> time in a Campaign Battle to have game freeze up. Has the bug been found
> and fixed? If not Sure hope you have found the bug and planning to provide
> a patch to fix the problem? I am playing game on a Brand New Acer Aspire 5
> A515-51G-84ZP Laptop with i7 8th Gen 8550U,8GB Memory,GeForce MX150 Video
> Card, Thanks for any info, Killerfish need more money to find Bug?
> I have purchased Both Games on Steam, but plan to buy Both on GOG too, not
> thrilled with steam.
> Please let me know if the Merchant Freeze Bug has been fixed and if not
> that if you are planning on fixing it or have giving up. If it has not been
> found or fixed is it a issue of time and money to find the bug?
> Thanks for any Info.
> Londog!
>
> --
> This e-mail was sent from a contact form
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 04:40 PM   #2
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

We've never been able to reproduce the bug inhouse, and no user has ever been able to provide us with the steps to reproduce it, hence we can't fix it.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 03:34 AM   #3
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

THANK YOU FOR REPLY! WOW I find that hard to believe, This has happened to me All three times I have tried to Start and play the Atlantic Full Campaign as the Germans, and it happens in my first to second battle that involves Merchants. This has happened on 2 total different Brand New Devices one is a New Acer Aspire 5 Gaming Laptop with the new Geforce MX150 windows 10, Just today i hoped the Android Version did not have this bug and to my surprise my first campaign battle playing as the Germans on my Brand New Samsung Note 8 Android operating system frooze on the Merchant enemy moving screen too, damn i am so dissapointed!!! I really Love how well Killerfish made this game. Is there anyway I could buy the version before this bug NAME YOUR PRICE???, for my PC and Android phone, did 1.11 have the Bug? Hopefully the version before the Merchant Freeze Bug does not have anything to terrible wrong with it? I would love to be able to play as the Germans and the Full Atlantic Campaign without the game freezing.
Out of curiosity how much money would you need or want to try and eliminate the bug, this game deserves to not have this major freeze bug in it forever.

Also sounds likes you must know of a Laptop to recommend that you are sure will not have the Merchant Freeze bug, please recomend me a Laptop that was used as a test system to play the game and the freeze has never occured on this particular Laptop you used?

Darn I am so dissapointed Over the years I only have a few games that are keepers to pass the time and always put a smile on my face, Silent Hunter 3, Sub Command, Vietcong playing lone wolf mode, Steel Beast Pro and made a lovely random carrier battle scenerio for CAW that really plays out nicely, all these games above never freeze or crash been years anyhow, hoping to add Atlantic Fleet and Cold Waters to my Keeper List.

Any info on what version did not have the Merchant Freeze Bug appreciated and how I could acquire that version, it could be as simple as deleting the games and reinstalling the game from steam or trying GOG and chossing not to update them. Would that be possible? Also could i buy the earlier version for my Samsung Note 8? Was there anything majorly wrong with the earlier version before the Merchant Screen Bug?

Thanks for any more info and help!

Lonny
Old 02-21-18, 05:36 AM   #4
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

You should be able to just reload the saved campaign and continue from there. Getting it that often sounds like exceedingly bad luck.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 04:04 PM   #5
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

YES I do seem to have Bad Luck, I recently bought 2 New Honda eu2000 Generators and the both sure miss and sputter alot, come to find out there is a recall on Spark Plug Cap and my serial numbers are the one included that could be bad, but that may not be my problem, short story is the Honda Tech is a Yamaha Tech too, and says he sees Honda 2000 generators in all the time for sputtering, missing carb issues and some other problems and rarely sees the Yamaha 2000 generators in thier shop. Damn rotten luck should have bought Yamaha 2000 Generator.

Well I am not found of buying buggy products, I won't say what I think they should do to people that put out a buggy product and continue to sell it.

I usually have allot of time involved in battle before the Merchant Freeze, the campaign game save goes back before battle began equals time wasted with no out come not something I like to do and that has been my experience with Atlantic Fleet campaigns playing as the Germans.

I love the ship to ship fighting in Atlantic Fleet not crazy about the submarine warfare part of the game but I understand why it was included and for a turn based game you did the best that could be done, playing the German side I can use ship fleets only and do away with the tedious sub warfare simulated in game, and pretend that part of the war is still going on, I am just not part of playing it. The problem playing with the British side I would imagine I will have to deal with lots of German Subs and I did not care for that part of game. I may play the campaign as British side just to make sure, but spending my time trying to hunt for subs with this type of game is not the part of the game I enjoy, ship to ship battles is what this game does a Great Job at.

So unless I can luck out and be able to play a older version of Atlantic Fleet, then it looks like no Atlantic Fleet Campaigns for me darn it.

If I am in the mood for just one ship battle without merchants then Atlantic Fleet Game still does a Great Job at that, the game just can not run the campaign playing as the German side without freezing up when merchants are around.

What's a Great in house Laptop Model that you played the hell out of the German side without the campaign freezing up?

What's the version before Merchant Freeze Bug was introduced 1.11?

Thank You for your help.

Londog