SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-23, 10:09 PM   #1
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Markus, hang tough and think of this as a wake up call.

It takes three days to learn a new habit. Don't fixate on it or over-think it, just let it happen. Just do me one favor and touch base with your Dr. before you pick a diet.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 05:53 AM   #2
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I was diagnosed Type 2 over ten year ago and honestly this should not and need not be a big deal. Take the sensible steps you will receive from your medical practitioner and everything should be okay.

I take two tablets a day and all is well.

Now Type 1 is a totally different ball gam. My friend Sailor Steve was Type 1 and some of the stories he shared with me were quite concerning but still controllable as long as the medical advice was adhered to.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 10:06 AM   #3
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, Markus. still, between the advice your sister gave you and the great advice from Sky, Les , Jimbuna and others and following the directive of your health care practitioners, you should be ok.

In reading what Jim said, you have someone here living with it everyday and it's not slowing Jim down at all. Wishing you all the best, Markus.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 02:25 PM   #4
stoppro
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 493

I have had it since 2004 A1C 7.4. Now doing the right things A1C has been 6.1 for 15 years.Just get the routine thats works for you stick with it.Took a couple years to balance out, but it will.
Old 03-17-23, 02:26 PM   #5
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello Markus,
also sorry to hear this but after reading some texts and a book i take it Skyird and the others are right. Just have a talk with your doctor and maybe let you advise some lectures to listen to. If the spikes are not excessive there is a very good chance to live without even taking pills like Metformin and such.

Apart from this ketogene "diet" (you really do not have to suffer when taking this way) movement is very good for you, as is getting your weight to a reasonable number (no idea if this is even necessary).

Exercising (which i hate lol) or just moving your body brings down any sugar/carbohydrate spike instantly. So if you like wandering, bicycling or just strolling a bit helps immensely, it does not have to be for a long time.

I understand you read german, so here is a quite good link (there are thousands of others of course)
https://eatsmarter.de/abnehmen/diaeten/ketogene-diaet

All the best! Keep your head up

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote