SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-10, 02:11 PM   #136
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default Well done Lurker

Excellent mod. I'm looking forward to the Mediterranean & Baltic theatres of operation & being able to test my mettle in a scary U-class boat.
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 03:05 PM   #137
Forensicman101
Gunner

Default Wrong Tube Layout for T Class

Gadzooks! I spoke too soon. I've just noticed that the T-class sub is given 10 forward torpedo tubes with 6 reloads and no stern tubes (despite having a full complement of sailors in the aft torpedo compartment). According to my submarine books the T-class had 6 forward tubes with 6 reloads, an aft tube without any reload, two forward firing external tubes & 2 aft firing external tubes. In SH4 terms this translates as 8 forward tubes with 6 reloads & 3 aft tubes with no reloads.
Can anyone tell me how I can edit Lurker's mod to reconfigure the torpedo tube layout?
Old 08-20-10, 03:49 AM   #138
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

[QUOTE=sidslotm;1471646]Hi all,

I'm not sure if your going to be interested in this image, it's said to have been discovered by a certain Mr Kilroy. He claims he was there when it was taken on April 1st 1941.
link to original picture Sid ?

The Admralty in London are still trying to confirm the find by photo enharcement techniques which they claim can identify the sailors on the bridge. yeah right !

They have been in working with experts from Subsim.com
who now claim the boat is one of theirs.
photoshopped ?

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 04:31 AM   #139
keltos01
Silent Hunter

[QUOTE=Forensicman101;1472057]Gadzooks! I spoke too soon. I've just noticed that the T-class sub is given 10 forward torpedo tubes with 6 reloads and no stern tubes (despite having a full complement of sailors in the aft torpedo compartment).
After unmerous tries which resulted in not being able to use the TDC with 11 tubes because of systematic CTD, though strangely that wouldn't happen in periscope view, I have decided to set the T-Class boat with its 10 fore tubes forgoing the stern one. The stern tube was non reloadable in RL.

According to my submarine books
there is an excellent ebook on the class T, find it at ebooks3000 I think,
this will show you that there were many versions of the sub

the T-class had 6 forward tubes with 6 reloads, an aft tube without any reload, two forward firing external tubes & 2 aft firing external tubes. In SH4 terms this translates as 8 forward tubes with 6 reloads & 3 aft tubes with no reloads.
Can anyone tell me how I can edit Lurker's mod to reconfigure the torpedo tube layout?
the layout is based on the available 3d model made by JU_88 and modified quite a lot by me, and thus it fits th model but for that rear tube.

If you find a way to add that 11th tube without causing CTDs I would be more than happy to use it in the T-Class mod at first, then it could be integrated into WDAD.

Lurker was kind enough to design a custom campaign for the British sub after reviewing my mod.

regards,

keltos

Old 08-20-10, 07:52 AM   #140
Forensicman101
Gunner

T Class Variants

Hi Keltos.
You're absolutely right. There were several variants of the T Class. Roughly half had the torpedo layout you show (6 tubes + 4 external in the bow, none in the stern) & half had the layout previously described by me (6 tubes + 2 external in the bow & 3 astern with no reloads). I see your point about the problem in getting 11 torpedo tubes on a sub. I notice that the SH2 "Pacific Aces" people faced the same sort of problem when trying to get USN fleet subs represented with SH2. I guess there are three options:

(1) The layout as you have it, but with the aft torpedo compartment removed (as with the USN S class boats).

(2) 8 tubes in the bow with 6 reloads & 2 tubes astern. As the stern tubes were external there was no opportunity to maintain the torpedoes there, so there would again be no aft torpedo compartment. (The torpedoes were fired remotely from the control room).

(3) 8 tubes in the bow with 6 reloads & 2 tubes astern with one reload (representing the 11th tube). With this option you'd have to include a small (e.g. 3-man) aft torpedo compartment to enable the aft reload to be used.

Do you know if Lurker is working on more campaigns for British submarines?
Old 08-22-10, 02:20 AM   #141
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default yes please

Do you know if Lurker is working on more campaigns for British submarines? Oh yes please, how great would that be.
Old 08-28-10, 05:43 PM   #142
Perijones
Swabbie

Downloads: 407
Default What about versions v200 and v300?

Lurker,

First of all, i would like to say that WDAD is a amazing mod, congratulations. Any idea about when the versions 200 and 300 will be released?

P.S.: Sorry about any mistake in English.
Perijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 11:06 AM   #143
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default RE: T class in Malta Bay

Hi all,

sorry about that Keltos, bit of fun really.

I love this T class boat of yours and look forward to your updated version that I hope you will launch soon. This boat has given a new lease of life to SH4 and the idea of a Malta campaign from 11th June 1940 when Italy enters the war would be so cool.

I have tried to construct a single mission which did work, of sorts, but a campaign is beond me, even for a couple of years.

But you gotta admit the T class of the Malta fort is not a bad fake lol.
Old 08-29-10, 01:16 PM   #144
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
Do you know if Lurker is working on more campaigns for British submarines? Oh yes please, how great would that be.
Agreed, but I think we may have to wait a while.

I'm not sure, but I think Lurkers maybe taking some time off - I wouldn't be too surprised if he's burnt out modding. Haven't noticed any activity from him lately, at least.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 01:51 PM   #145
keltos01
Silent Hunter

[QUOTE=sidslotm;1480262]Hi all,

sorry about that Keltos, bit of fun really.

I love this T class boat of yours and look forward to your updated version that I hope you will launch soon.
I'm waiting on JU_88's superb model

This boat has given a new lease of life to SH4

and the idea of a Malta campaign from 11th June 1940 when Italy enters the war would be so cool.then you'd need AI italian subs and why not :
an Italian Campaign Mod ???

I have tried to construct a single mission which did work, of sorts, but a campaign is beond me, even for a couple of years.

But you gotta admit the T class of the Malta fort is not a bad fake lol.
it is a pretty goooood one ! got me though I could see it was cg

keltos

Old 08-30-10, 01:49 AM   #146
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default reply

Quote:
and the idea of a Malta campaign from 11th June 1940 when Italy enters the war would be so cool.then you'd need AI italian subs and why not :
an Italian Campaign Mod.
The mission editor like most mission editors Ive used are a bit of a black art to get used to. The manuals I have used outline the jist of it, and thats about it.

I would love to write an Italian campiagn, if I have a breakthrough with my present sticking point that is. Another prolem is Italian war vessles of coarse, there's only the Soldati in truth, the armed trawler, yeah.

all the best
Old 09-05-10, 04:23 PM   #147
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

I was recently playing SH5 and being shadowed by a RN sub.. and I kept thinking, man I really wish we could have an RN sub sim, or any decent RN game.. then I saw someone mention this! I haven't browsed these forums much since mods made SH5 somewhat playable.

Thank you lurker. I had kept my SH4 clean install ready in hopes of the WWI mod, but this has retired my SH5, and probably for quite awhile.

Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 04:44 AM   #148
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
I was recently playing SH5 and being shadowed by a RN sub.. and I kept thinking, man I really wish we could have an RN sub sim, or any decent RN game.. then I saw someone mention this! I haven't browsed these forums much since mods made SH5 somewhat playable.

Thank you lurker. I had kept my SH4 clean install ready in hopes of the WWI mod, but this has retired my SH5, and probably for quite awhile.

I am still waiting on JU_88's new T class model that should then both be included in the WDAD and in the T Class mod.

so How"s SH5 btw ?

keltos

Old 09-10-10, 07:21 AM   #149
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Happy 500 downloads Lurker !

Old 09-14-10, 12:57 PM   #150
Old Dog
Torpedoman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 1

Guess I might make it 501. Just downloaded. Many thanks Lurker. I'm a big fan of smart folks who are generous with their knowledge.
Long life,
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote