Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-20, 06:19 AM   #10786
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

An interesting read if anyone is interested.

Quote:
US election 2020: The defining moment of the Trump presidency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54441213

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-07-20, 11:14 AM   #10787
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Wish I could remember every single word that was said in today's edition of the science program skull fracture which is send every day on the radio.

I can remember a major part of todays title which was:

A philosophical view of President Trump and his office, seen through the greatest philosophical eyes.

It was very interesting to hear.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-07-20, 01:07 PM   #10788
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

It was interesting Jim, thanks for the link.

Al Capone
Old 10-07-20, 01:48 PM   #10789
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Default Trump 'free of symptoms and fever'

Quote:
President Donald Trump has had no Covid-19 symptoms for 24 hours and has been fever-free for more than four days, his doctor says.

Sean Conley said the president also had "detectable levels of Covid antibodies" and had not needed any supplemental oxygen since he was taken to hospital.

Mr Trump, who went to hospital on Friday and was discharged on Monday, said: "I feel great!"

The news comes ahead of the key vice-presidential TV debate later.

Wednesday's debate between Mike Pence and Kamala Harris is one of the most eagerly anticipated in years.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54455040

Marie Curie

Old 10-07-20, 02:12 PM   #10790
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Quote:
Now he has a steroid-assisted spring in his step, but he is trailing a long way behind in the polls and running out of time to make a political recovery.
The author of the article is accurate on the steroid assisted spring in his step? I guess Trump's doctor needs to be fired as such information(if Trump is on steroids) is not to be discussed under the HIPPA rules. Sadly the article only beats up Trump. Much the same we have seen for 4 entire years when it concerns the media. It may kill them to print the accomplishments of which there is many.
Old 10-07-20, 02:20 PM   #10791
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The Donald is cannonfoddering people. For no other purpose than his own personal egoist interests.

One can read that the Secret Service is seriously pissed. Being wasted or pointlessly put at risk like the Donald did, probably is not what these agents once subscribed to.

Just for a short drive-and-greet, before returning back to hospital.

Why not cutting hearts out of the chests of some stupids next, under a triumphant Trump-golden firework? If that is what pleases him, of course then its a legitimate cause. He is the claimed "El Presidente".
It is highly unlikely the Secret Service as pissed at all. The Secret Service a different breed.
Old 10-07-20, 02:52 PM   #10792
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The author of the article is accurate on the steroid assisted spring in his step? I guess Trump's doctor needs to be fired as such information(if Trump is on steroids) is not to be discussed under the HIPPA rules. Sadly the article only beats up Trump. Much the same we have seen for 4 entire years when it concerns the media. It may kill them to print the accomplishments of which there is many.
That's a fair comment Chris

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-07-20, 04:08 PM   #10793
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I believe permission was given to discuss his treatment.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-07-20, 05:54 PM   #10794
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The latest editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine is worth reading. And hopefully not what Trump wants to read.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

Quote:
more than 200,000 Americans have died. Some deaths from Covid-19 were unavoidable. But, although it is impossible to project the precise number of additional American lives lost because of weak and inappropriate government policies, it is at least in the tens of thousands in a pandemic that has already killed more Americans than any conflict since World War II.Anyone else who recklessly squandered lives and money in this way would be suffering legal consequences. Our leaders have largely claimed immunity for their actions. But this election gives us the power to render judgment. Reasonable people will certainly disagree about the many political positions taken by candidates. But truth is neither liberal nor conservative. When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent. We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs.
My argument exactly, just put into other words.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-07-20 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-07-20, 06:31 PM   #10795
Buddahaid

David Bowie
Old 10-07-20, 09:33 PM   #10796
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

OMG, the average life expectancy in the USA has gone down by one year. Shut down the economy! Make life so miserable that people vote someone else into office(and that is exactly what is being attempted with the blessings of the mainstream media).

My mother didn't die from covid, she died from me letting us be pushed around by people who claim they know best. Complete and utter B.S.

Last edited by em2nought; 10-07-20 at 09:38 PM. Reason: personal experience
Old 10-07-20, 10:05 PM   #10797
Buddahaid

It really comes down to balance and the scales tipped the wrong way in the good ol' USA. New Zealand which enjoys being an island culture, has beaten Covid, the USA hasn't and continues to pretend it doesn't exist while cases climb. Is there an obvious trend there? The USA would be getting back toward before seriously if we had just seriously shut down for one month, one month!

David Bowie
Old 10-08-20, 06:08 AM   #10798
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

One if the biggets scandals in all this is that I still wait for the first doctor in mainstrema media pointing at the importance of well-maintainign and boosting your immune ystem by good nutrition and supplements. Its the most natural thing to assume they would encourage people to do so, and what happens? NOT ONE WORD by giovenrment, government offices, official authorities experts. Nothing.

Lancet Journal 2003: glycernine is the most effective inhibitor of multiplication of SARS virusses. Lymphocytes need sulfur to function, Already examined since the H1N1 virus: NAC: N-Acetyl -Cystein (amino acid), again tremedously effects the suppression of vorus mutliplication. Vitamine D. Vitamine A (to repair the intestine mucosa, which isn part of the immune system'S defence line as we now have understood). Lung mucosa, obviously. Both Vit A and D can also regulate inhibition factors on the DNA level, they can read and modulate (!) the DNA inside the cell. Vitmamine C, what should I say, it is common kowledge now, and only the industry tries to defame the efficiency of Vitamine C (and good nutrition in general, they want ill people to whom they can sell their expensive drugs). Selene, very important, indispensable for cell-internal energy-production and boosting the mitochondrias. Beta-1.3-Glucane, help to form out indifferentiated immune cells TH0 into differentiated (effective) TH1 cells that take the battle to the enemy. Licorice, in the mecial journals already twenty years ago, has a strong inhibitory effect on SARS virusses.

And so on and on and on.

Instead, nutrition experts who get paid by the industry tell us we should be very cuatious and ot take too much. And nobody tells peopel to stop eating the sh!t they are stuffing into them every day, all day long. A good ammout of tha beign simply TOXIC. Obesity has become a problem that exploded ovetr th east twneyt years ibEuroe as well, it snot just the US anymore. But they make a trade deal inw ich Americans can the right to cell their highly toxic corn sirups almost by force on Europena markets, whcih had them banned so far due to immense health concerns.

The immune system is the first line of defence of our organism. If you do not understand by yourself why everybody should consider it to be in his very own interest to support it and stop destroying it, I cannot help it, it must be auicide drive at work then. Nutrition supplements might prove to be the most effecitve single weapon in the fight to get the pandemic under control. In Germany, giving high doses of Vitamine D is part of the standard therpay for hospitalised Corona patients now - half a year ago everybody was laughing about it although scientific literature holds over 20,000 articles and studies ion the efficiency of Vitamine D already three years ago!

Its a scandal and a total and complete failure of poltics all around the globe. The biggest single stupid action, or better: non-action, characterising this pandemic. I get furious about it. I am convinced that the number of deaths as well as the numbers of seriosu cases landign in hospitals could be more thna halved, if a better nutrition would enter the households and if massive nutrition supplements and knwoeldge on their possiblenon.harmful doses would become widespread common good.

And clubs like the DGE and other nutrition advice councels and associations who are just well-camouflaged lobby groups protecting the profit itnerests of thre oharmacautical industry, should be BANNED. They are killing thosuands and tens and handreds of thousands of people every year ith their poisonous "advice". Needless to say: the industry should have no word in formulating curriculae for course sin medicine. It should also not be allowed to finance parts of universities and projects at universities.

Its ot done with judt having a salad every day. Green salad is almost free of nutrtion value these days, you could as well eat a block of writng paper, that has leaves too. You need to leanr a bit more and you need to supplement to oveocme the many shortcomings there are, and overcomign them quickly. To get you started. And once you got started, then you can embark on consideing whether to chage your unhealthy food habits as well.

The Corona pandemic has in ivnisble letters written one big message all ver it: STOP EATING GARBAGE, start to eat nutrion of value. Earlier in the pandemic they started to relaise that ther eis a pandemic isnide the pandemic, the so-called Vitmaine-C-deficiency pandemic. But that is just the tip of the iceberg. In rreality this is a general nutritio-value-deficiency pandemic. Its not jst Vitmaine D, its also Vitiane Bs, A, Selene, Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratios, Q10, and more. We eat too much bad stuff of no value, and we do not eat enogzh of the good stuff with good value. And the altter cannot even be fed to everybody, becasue for that we are simply way too many people on Earth, once again: WE ARE TOO MANY. There is not enough fish in the sea to feed everbyody with the ammounts needed, for example.

You see, I gave started to look beyond the runnign virus pandemic and see that it is embedded in a bigger context for which it is a symptom.
Old 10-08-20, 07:12 AM   #10799
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Dietary supplements are good but a basic intake of foods with high versatility is a requirement. Then, of course, there are market forces behind "go all in" on everything that is spelled vitamins.

Marie Curie

Old 10-08-20, 08:45 AM   #10800
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I believe permission was given to discuss his treatment.
I see. However, the article is another one of many disparaging the person. Just more ammo to take shots. Zero sympathy. Written as if Trump deserved to get Covid. After 4 years of trampling one would think it is enough. Apparently not.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter