SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-15, 09:37 AM   #1441
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Not long back from watching Terminator Genisys, clearly I do not want to give much away for those of you who are going to see it. You get to see the end of the war and the past time lines are all re-set again! Good Arnie is called pops and still has not got the hang of that smile.

In the terms of the time line T1 & T2 are spliced in there. Lots of action but the story line gone to hell and got rather confusing at times, just to add for the Dr Who fans keep yours eyes open and you will see in a small role....Nah you have to see for yourself.

If you just like action and don't give a dam about the story you may like it but for anyone else well....

Just glad I did not pay for it.

How many bloody Terminators dose Skynet and the resistance have to send to the past? Please no more bloody films set in the past!

A shade better than T3 but not by much.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 07-06-15 at 01:55 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 09:48 AM   #1442
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Watched Terminator: Genisys as well last night and just got what I expected.
Cringe-worthy dialogs, a terribly chaotic and stupid story, wannabe-blockbuster-action that just tries too hard and doesn't understand that less is sometimes more and wooden acting performances that are neither convincing nor funny. Seven Hells, even the CGI effects looked better or at least the same in T2, OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO.

I hoped it would at least be entertaining, but I found myself checking the clock way too often to call that movie entertaining.

Gave it a 3/10.
Old 07-06-15, 12:41 PM   #1443
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Started watching "Crimson Tide" for the first last night (don't know why I've never seen it before). Got interrupted as usual but I've enjoyed it so far; Denzel and Gene are favourite actors anyway.
Old 07-10-15, 06:20 AM   #1444
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Scientist Man Explains Terminator: Genisys (Redlettermedia)

Spoilers!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 08:16 AM   #1445
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Saw Chappie last night. It's a ok, the special effects of the robots are wonderful, as previous films of that director. And the scenes with the hero of the movie are quite good.
The cast, well...besides the known actors, Watkin Tudor Jones aka Ninja does a good job in that role, but he and Yolandi are not acting, I think. They are beeing their alter-egos.
Besides that, the movie has some "let's rap this in the most quick way" scenes and lacks some excitement.
Elysium was good, but the District 9, so far, is the best film of Blomkamp.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-15, 12:36 PM   #1446
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Vacation

Enjoyed it very much. Thought it was very funny and i give it a 9/10

Apollo 13

Watched it last week as part of my space movie binge, acting was great and so was the execution of the plot. I liked it. Would watch it again. 8.7/10

Trainwreck

Went into it expecting a funny movie from Amy Schumer and Bill Hader...came out of it with something entirely different. Sure, some parts were funny but about halfway through it turned into a pretty serious movie. Hader didn't exactly play a role that I would expect him to but he did well. Only really need to see it once. 6/10

Europa Report

Also part of my space movie binge, very strange found-footage fictional documentary about a manned research flight to Jupiter's moon Europa. Plot was a little weak and characters didn't really develop. Some of them are pretty flat. Interesting watch though if you can get into it. Sort of cheesy and predictable ending. 6.7/10

A Most Violent Year

Excellent movie about crime in New York. An honest immigrant is trying to protect his oil company's trucks from robbery all the while under investigation from the government. The main characters are very well cast, but some of the other supporting characters could use some work. You don't really notice it much, however. I say watch it. 8.5/10

It Follows

This one surprised me. Anybody who knows anything about the plot might shrug it off because it's weird. Yes, it's weird. It's very weird....but it's actually very well put together and entertaining to watch. Nobody in the movie was really all that famous (that I recognized). The story moves along at a satisfying pace and almost leaves you wanting more at the end. Very surprising 7.9/10

Moon

Somewhat intriguing space movie that obviously takes inspiration from other space movies. As you watch it, it sucks you into it's fairly confusing plot. By the end, though, i was no longer confused. I feel like it tied up loose ends well and I would probably watch it again if given the chance. Interesting plot, pretty decent acting and a solid 6.9/10

Next on the list is Chappie and i'm halfway through 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Old 08-05-15, 04:42 PM   #1447
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Fantastic Four honest trailer:

Enjoy!
Old 08-14-15, 10:02 PM   #1448
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Very much enjoyed both Chappie and 2001: A Space Odyssey

Now, who's excited for The Martian?
Old 08-15-15, 06:03 AM   #1449
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Now, who's excited for The Martian?
*raiseshand*
Could be good, I liked the trailer and Matt Damon in general. Thing is, it reminded me very strongly of Interstellar and I'm not sure why... sure he was in it too but that's not it.
Somehow I was just waiting for McConaughey to pop into the screen yelling MUPRH!
Old 08-15-15, 06:08 AM   #1450
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

@ Rhodes

We took our boy and his cousins to see "The Fantastic Four" yesterday (I've lost track of these now) and I thought it was pretty disappointing for them, as it was just the backstory all over again with new actors and CGI.
Old 08-15-15, 12:06 PM   #1451
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

^Well, for what I have read, it was a major floop, in story and remake/reboot, etc.
IMVHO, the first movies just fail in the script, the actors were a good pick for the characters, even if Sue Storm was portrait by a mexican woman.
This one, I did not see or will, because: or Fantastic Four is sold to Marvel Studios and re-done properly or so long franchise (even the 92 films is now not the worse...).

Marvel comics, now, have two big film universe adaptations : in one universe - X-Men and the other universe Marvel Studios films and series. So, or studios swallow and sold their franchise to who know how to adapt greatly comics books, or...

And of course, even if any film studio did the most great and faithful comic book adaptation, some people would not like it or find some error, so...
Old 08-15-15, 12:56 PM   #1452
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

In the mood for a realistic British warflick? Kajaki, without a shadow of a doubt, would be my recommendation. Slowish to start it's just a brilliant reflection of squaddie humour and life on det.

I did well until the end credits then I'll admit my eyes got a littlel, err, dusty.
Old 08-15-15, 01:10 PM   #1453
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Anyone seen this Sci-fi comedy Pixels ?
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 11:16 PM   #1454
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
*raiseshand*
Could be good, I liked the trailer and Matt Damon in general. Thing is, it reminded me very strongly of Interstellar and I'm not sure why... sure he was in it too but that's not it.
Somehow I was just waiting for McConaughey to pop into the screen yelling MUPRH!
That's what everybody says until they actually read into the movie. I thought the same

I'm reading the book right now. It will be very much different from Interstellar. I might even go so far as to say I think it will be better.
Old 08-17-15, 06:09 AM   #1455
sturmer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 74

watched jurassic world yesterday and well its actually a mix of the 3 previous movies and poured right into a movie with a park that is actually open. many dialogues and scenes are way to familiar with the previous movies.

"One Torpedo . . . one Ship" - Otto Kretschmer
sturmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
films, movie, movies