SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-21, 06:58 AM   #7291
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Spain has joined Portugal in expressing its disappointment at the UK’s latest decision on which countries should go on its green list for travel. Spain remains on the UK's amber list and the country's industry and tourism minister Reyes Maroto told Cadena Ser radio: "I think they have been guided more by a criterion of prudence than by the real situation."

Portugal is unhappy at being removed from the green list. From Tuesday anyone returning to the UK has to quarantine for 10 days. More details here.

A Swedish committee of MPs says the government failed in several elements of its handling of the pandemic: by acting slowly to bring in a test-and-trace system, not drawing up a law giving the national government wider powers to deal with the crisis, and not being fast enough in isolating care homes. Sweden avoided imposing a lockdown but the constitutional committee made no comment on that.

Serbia will start full production of Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine today. Serbian and Russian officials will attend a ceremony at Belgrade’s Torlak Institute, which aims to produce four million doses over the next six months, for export as well as domestic use.

France has said it will allow Europeans who have had vaccinations into the country without a PCR test from 9 June. Transport minister Jean-Baptiste Djebbari made the announcement on French TV.

Germany’s seven-day incidence rate has continued to fall – it’s now down to 29.7 cases per 100,000 people. A further 86 deaths have been reported in the past 24 hours.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:15 AM   #7292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-05-21, 10:27 AM   #7293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-05-21, 10:32 AM   #7294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

More than 40 million people in the UK have now had their first dose of a vaccine - or 76.2% of the adult population, figures show.

It comes as the number of people in hospital with Covid rises but not "very significantly," an NHS boss says.

Vaccines appear to have "broken the chain" between catching Covid and becoming seriously ill, Chris Hopson adds.

Despite this, there are a "number of concerning signs" related to the Delta variant which is spreading in the UK, epidemiologists warn.

New figures suggest that in just a week, the number of coronavirus infections in the UK has risen by as much as two-thirds.

Scotland's restriction levels are easing for millions despite an overall rise in cases, with people in Glasgow now able to meet in others' homes.

Surge testing is being rolled out in parts of Berkshire to tackle the spread of the Delta variant, first identified in India.

Airlines are putting on extra capacity to help British travellers return before Portugal moves off the green list for UK travellers on Tuesday.

Old 06-05-21, 12:00 PM   #7295
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Spain has joined Portugal in expressing its disappointment at the UK’s latest decision on which countries should go on its green list for travel. Spain remains on the UK's amber list and the country's industry and tourism minister Reyes Maroto told Cadena Ser radio: "I think they have been guided more by a criterion of prudence than by the real situation."
The Spanish plonkers complain when the Brits are there and they complain when they're not, suck it up you currants.
Old 06-06-21, 08:19 AM   #7296
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

It seems like this Iranian Mad Mullah regime is doing things the Western way, who would have thought that these Mullah's were as bent as our own politicians.

Quote:
Iran leaders under fire for 'having pfizer jabs they banned for public'
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ine-pfizer-ban
Old 06-06-21, 09:04 AM   #7297
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Water for the masses, wine for the priests.
Old 06-06-21, 09:58 AM   #7298
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Delta variant is 40% more transmissible, the health secretary says, adding that protection against it is just as good with two doses of a vaccine.

Matt Hancock says the variant, first identified in India, makes life more challenging, and the government is "open" to delaying England's 21 June unlocking if needed.

Asked if measures such as face coverings and working from home could continue in the long term, he says he "wouldn't rule that out"

Vaccination is being opened up to the under 30s in England from next week.

Boris Johnson will urge wealthy countries to commit to vaccinating the world against Covid-19 by the end of next year, at a G7 summit.

Pupils in England should take Covid tests following the half-term break, says Education Secretary Gavin Williamson.

The Bafta Television Awards will be held later, with some stars attending in person and some virtually.

Old 06-07-21, 06:06 AM   #7299
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Britons scramble for flights home from Portugal before the need to quarantine for 10 days comes into force early tomorrow.

The 21 June easing of restrictions in England should be delayed, leading scientists say.

Major Indian states that have been virus hotpots are easing restrictions as Covid case numbers continue to fall.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock and Education Secretary Gavin Williamson are both due to give coronavirus updates in the Commons later.

People over 70 from Pakistani and Bangladeshi backgrounds are less likely than peers to have had their second vaccine, data shows.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson faces opposition from senior Tories over government cuts to the UK's international aid budget.

Ministers argue it is hard to justify spending as much as promised, given record levels of peacetime borrowing during the pandemic.

UK online daters will be able to display a badge on their profiles to show if they have been vaccinated against Covid.

Old 06-07-21, 08:59 AM   #7300
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Prioritizing has ended in Germany today.
I used the date to send my doc a mail via his formula and had my name put onto a waiting list for vaccination (or thats what I hope they did). Still, it could still take months until first shots become available for people like me.

Vaccination centres unofficially still prioritize.
Old 06-07-21, 01:03 PM   #7301
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-08-21, 08:56 AM   #7302
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Portugal has moved on to the amber list as UK holidaymakers scramble to get home.

Those returning to the UK from Portugal must now take two tests and quarantine for 10 days.

Tougher restrictions have been advised in Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire to combat the Delta variant.

The number of Covid-related deaths registered in the UK in week ending 28 May was 106 - nine fewer than the previous week.

People in England aged 25-29 can book a Covid vaccine from today.

Some over-25s in England report being unable to book their jabs through the NHS website.

Boris Johnson is expected to consult his cabinet this weekend on whether to push back the June 21 "Freedom Day"

Unicef is calling for G7 rich countries to send 20% of their vaccines to poorer nations by August.

The five-day office week could become the norm again within two years, the Centre for Cities think tank has told the BBC

Old 06-08-21, 09:04 AM   #7303
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Czech children and schoolteachers will no longer have to wear masks in classrooms from this morning, in all but three regions. Masks are still required in the rest of school. More than 45% of adults have had a first dose in the Czech Republic and the government says it’s allowing non-essential travel from across the EU as well as Serbia from 21 June as long as proof of vaccination, negative test or previous infection is provided.

Days before Spain’s national football team takes part in the Euro 2020 championships, the team may now have to be vaccinated after one of the players, Sergio Busquets, tested positive for Covid. The squad and coaching staff have all tested negative. Spain continue their warm-up for the tournament today with a game against Lithuania. Spain reopened its borders to tourists and cruise ships yesterday for fully vaccinated people – although the UK requires quarantine for any visitor to Spain on their return.

French President Emmanuel Macron meets restaurateurs today, the day before indoor dining reopens in bars and restaurants after seven months of closure. Gyms will also start reopening tomorrow and the overnight curfew will be pushed back from 21:00 to 23:00.

From tomorrow, wearing masks will no longer be required in Belgium’s Brussels region, although will still be compulsory in busy places, inside shops and on public transport.

Health experts in Serbia say the pandemic is causing a regional shortage of anti-venom serum for snakebites. The main supplier, Serbia’s Torlak Institute, has not produced any doses this year, as it concentrates on production of the Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine. The European adder is widespread in the region.

Old 06-08-21, 12:49 PM   #7304
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

https://news.yahoo.com/does-covid-19...100246372.html

Quote:
As of June 3, COVID-19 was killing an average of 363 Americans a day, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That's down from more than 3,000 a day at the height of the pandemic in January, and with more vaccinations, the daily death toll continues to fall.
They also say that 100 deaths a day may become normal next flu season just like the regular flu ...

of course I have been trying to find out who they are for many year's now
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 01:17 PM   #7305
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan