SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-18, 02:50 AM   #1711
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Finally a win. Last one was IIRC in boxing day. But five point gap to playoffs...
Old 02-25-18, 06:41 AM   #1712
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

TOON concede two goals in the final ten minutes to take home a draw.

These bleeding of points may yet bite us in the backside come the end of the season.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 10:17 AM   #1713
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Well, lucky for the TOON, you have Uncle Woy down below, and the shine has dulled on his project as of late, hasn't it.

And Alan "You feel vulnerable when hearing things not being said" Pardew is still running things at West Brom, though not for long I'd reckon, so you've got that going for you as well.

So you only need one of Swansea, Stoke, or Southampton to maintain form and you'll stay up. Moyes is likely to botch things as well. TOON will probably survive by being less bad than the others You've got the best goal difference of the bottom clubs too.

POOL won, 4-1 over West Ham. TOON visit Anfield next weekend.
Old 02-26-18, 11:22 AM   #1714
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm thinking at this point it's still any three from eight.

Old 02-26-18, 12:21 PM   #1715
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I'd agree except for Albion, they're well and truly out of it I reckon, though stranger things have happened.

Traditionally, 38 points is enough to ensure safety, and coincidentally perhaps, is the exact number of points that a team would claim having drawn every match.

Three wins from their final 10 would hit exactly 38, if they lost the other 7. Seems a safe bet. Huddersfield and West Brom at home, and Watford away are must-wins I'd say.

No reason they can't nick a few more points from Southampton and Everton. The rest of their matches look difficult, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and the Gunners, who look short of everything at the moment, so you never know. Leicester too, another opportunity there.

I have faith in the Rafalution.

Last edited by Threadfin; 02-26-18 at 12:40 PM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 01:03 PM   #1716
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I'd agree except for Albion, they're well and truly out of it I reckon, though stranger things have happened.

Traditionally, 38 points is enough to ensure safety, and coincidentally perhaps, is the exact number of points that a team would claim having drawn every match.

Three wins from their final 10 would hit exactly 38, if they lost the other 7. Seems a safe bet. Huddersfield and West Brom at home, and Watford away are must-wins I'd say.

No reason they can't nick a few more points from Southampton and Everton. The rest of their matches look difficult, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and the Gunners, who look short of everything at the moment, so you never know. Leicester too, another opportunity there.

I have faith in the Rafalution.

Old 03-03-18, 07:03 AM   #1717
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

TOON are away to Liverpool today and I'll take a point right now and be grateful.

Old 03-03-18, 07:06 AM   #1718
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370

Good Luck
Old 03-03-18, 10:47 AM   #1719
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I am all for the Rafalution gaining momentum, however not today.

Good luck in the match. Rafa's Return.
Old 03-03-18, 11:07 AM   #1720
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post
Good Luck
Quote:
I am all for the Rafalution gaining momentum, however not today.

Good luck in the match. Rafa's Return.
We will surely need it

Old 03-03-18, 11:56 AM   #1721
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

About 35 minutes from now I'm going to sit back and enjoy, what I hope will be, a little miracle like 0-0 or 1-1 or a bigger miracle like 0-1 or 1-2

It's Liverpool Vs Newcastle if anyone doubted.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 03:19 PM   #1722
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

You have to admire Rafa. Well, you don't HAVE to, but you know what I mean. He really is a master tactician. He has an extraordinary ability to set his team up to counter the opposition, to nullify their strengths.

I'm not a TOON supporter, but honestly I hope they can be rid of Ashley soon, so that Rafa might get in the players he needs. A club like Newcastle shouldn't be yo-yo'ing every other season.

I always mock the phrase 'too big to fail', as anything can happen in football. But Newcastle are too big to face this sort of uncertainty every season. The fans deserve better. I can only imagine the frustration you Geordies must feel when you realize what could be, then have to look at that smug face and know your great club is little more than an investment and marketing vehicle.

Ashley Out!
Old 03-03-18, 06:18 PM   #1723
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370

Liverpool difficult to beat at home especially against teams aiming for a draw the Scousers weakness has been away results for many seasons

If there was a league for £££ spent per goal Newcastle would probably be in the top third

If I was a Toons supporter I would be more than frustrated by this and what seems to me unconsistantant strategies. Fitness and a lack of of quality on the subs bench obviously not helping

I watched 3 Toon games last season, everyone was like they gave up after 40 mins had no drive or self belief but when up against some quality opposition in other matches they show serious talent

Maybe the Players priority is to shine only against top teams so they can get a good transfer deal ££££££££££££££££££

MUFC drop down to 3rd spot will obviously be only temporary setback . Trust Me !

Last edited by Cyborg322; 03-03-18 at 06:29 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 08:03 AM   #1724
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
You have to admire Rafa. Well, you don't HAVE to, but you know what I mean. He really is a master tactician. He has an extraordinary ability to set his team up to counter the opposition, to nullify their strengths.

I'm not a TOON supporter, but honestly I hope they can be rid of Ashley soon, so that Rafa might get in the players he needs. A club like Newcastle shouldn't be yo-yo'ing every other season.

I always mock the phrase 'too big to fail', as anything can happen in football. But Newcastle are too big to face this sort of uncertainty every season. The fans deserve better. I can only imagine the frustration you Geordies must feel when you realize what could be, then have to look at that smug face and know your great club is little more than an investment and marketing vehicle.

Ashley Out!
Spoken like a true Geordie

Old 03-05-18, 10:47 AM   #1725
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

So the Staveley takeover is over? Are there any other offers?

It's one thing to have a self-imposed transfer embargo due to takeover talks, if the sale goes through. But it's another thing entirely to do so and then have the sale fall through. It's the opposite of have your cake and eat it too, it's like burn your cake and throw it out with the trash. Bah, I couldn't think of a good one.

TOON will stay up I think, and there's another year to rid yourselves of Ashley.

I've heard various things like she insisted on relegation clauses, or that she can't come up with the funds, and it was all a big waste of time. Some say she might come back in with a bid if Newcastle can confirm their Premier League place for next season. Any insight in to this Jimbuna?

Tags
british football