SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-11, 04:41 AM   #181
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
The final version of the Gabbiano:
Very nice work

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 05:00 AM   #182
Moellinger
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Indeed, the Gabbiano looks fantastic.

By the way one question.
In one of your former posts you showed us a screenshot from a modified Spica class torpedoboat with camouflage hullpaintig.
I have never seen such a modified version till now. All Spica T-boats passing my way are without this paintig. How do I get the cameo or isn't it just in the actual release version?

Quote:
Also deleted one stack from the German Torpedoboat to resemble a Spica Class TB, and gave her a more Italian look:

Moellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 05:29 AM   #183
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moellinger View Post
Indeed, the Gabbiano looks fantastic.

By the way one question.
In one of your former posts you showed us a screenshot from a modified Spica class torpedoboat with camouflage hullpaintig.
I have never seen such a modified version till now. All Spica T-boats passing my way are without this paintig. How do I get the cameo or isn't it just in the actual release version?
It should appear by mid 1941. This is the textures part of the roster entry for the Spicas (in ..Data\Roster\Italian\Sea\)

Quote:
[Texture 1]
TextureName=data/Sea/NTB_Spica/NTB_Spica_T01.tga
StartDate=19000109
EndDate=19410608
Frequency=1

[Texture 2]
TextureName=data/Sea/NTB_Spica/NTB_Spica_T02.tga
StartDate=19410609
EndDate=19990601
Frequency=1

[Texture 3]
TextureName=data/Sea/NTB_Spica/NTB_Spica_T03.tga
StartDate=19410609
EndDate=19990601
Frequency=1
T01 is the plain gray texture (from the beginning till mid 1941). T02 and T03 are the textures with splinter cammo (mid 1941 to end of war). You can change the start and finish dates to different ones if you wish. If you put a start date of 19000109 and an end of 19990601 to all three, the Spica boats will randomly show in one of the three liveries for the full war.

This is the other Splinter camo livery:

Old 07-12-11, 05:45 AM   #184
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
BTW, you skippers will have to update your recognition manuals with a new enemy vessel:

Seems like nobody tried to ID the ship... Built from the Soldati (with a Fubuki bridge), the Italian Navigatori class destroyer:

Old 07-12-11, 12:52 PM   #185
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Looking good!

Now only if there were decent plans available for the S class boats....

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:20 AM   #186
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

some great ship skins here JL, 1st prize

Old 07-14-11, 02:53 PM   #187
JuJu70
Seaman

Downloads: 78

Good job on Gabbiano.

I noticed that you included alot of tanker objectives. The problem is that Italy didn't have many tankers to start with, and on top of that of ~3,000,000 GRT of shipping, about 1/3 was outside the Mediterranean on 6/10/40. That includes all major ocean-going freighters and fleet tankers. In fact, most of them were either scuttled or requisitioned by the US and other countries in 1941 and on (even a country like Venezuela did this). So, a tanker in the Mediterranean should be a rare sight. Most fuel was transported to North Africa in drums, occasionally in tankers, but fairly small ones.
JuJu70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 01:17 PM   #188
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu70 View Post
Good job on Gabbiano.

I noticed that you included alot of tanker objectives. The problem is that Italy didn't have many tankers to start with, and on top of that of ~3,000,000 GRT of shipping, about 1/3 was outside the Mediterranean on 6/10/40. That includes all major ocean-going freighters and fleet tankers. In fact, most of them were either scuttled or requisitioned by the US and other countries in 1941 and on (even a country like Venezuela did this). So, a tanker in the Mediterranean should be a rare sight. Most fuel was transported to North Africa in drums, occasionally in tankers, but fairly small ones.
Well, they lost part of their merchant fleet, but they also could use German ships that were interned in Italian ports, and I guess that they also grabbed Yugoslavian and Greek ships after the 1941 invasion.

With regard to tankers, I'm thinking about revamping the current traffic, pulling them out of ordinary convoys and leaving only the all-tanker convoys. There is two of them by now, one route being Napoli-Tripoli-Tarento, and the other one Brindisi-Tripoli-Napoli, both with a 33% spawn rate every 10 days and a maximum of three tankers.

I guess that before Rommel's arrival the requirements for fuel would be far less than later on, so I could reduce the frequency previous to February-March 1941, and make these convoys more frequent after that date.

The main problem I have is that there is very little info about Italian convoys in the net. I got some info about single convoys checking the Italian wikipedia (not yet implemented), but little more. There is a two-volume Italian official history about that, "La Difesa del Traffico con l'Africa Settentrionale" but it's been impossible for me to find them at a reasonable price, and most of my budget has already gone in books about the British submarines.
Old 07-16-11, 07:13 AM   #189
cush
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Default download

sorry for this silly question (I'm new here) but I'm very interested in the med campaign. Where can I download it? what other add-on do I need?

Thanks
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 10:24 AM   #190
Affront7
Swabbie

Downloads: 33

Hi Cush,

If you go to the first post in this thread are couple of links to download the files.

You need to use Generic Mod Enable to install the files and in this order:

1st WOAD
2nd WOAD patch
3rd Med campaign

Then you should be good to go.

Hope that helps
Affront7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 02:06 PM   #191
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affront7 View Post
Hi Cush,

If you go to the first post in this thread are couple of links to download the files.

You need to use Generic Mod Enable to install the files and in this order:

1st WOAD
2nd WOAD patch
3rd Med campaign

Then you should be good to go.

Hope that helps
What he said...
Old 07-16-11, 02:45 PM   #192
JuJu70
Seaman

Quote:
The main problem I have is that there is very little info about Italian convoys in the net. I got some info about single convoys checking the Italian wikipedia (not yet implemented), but little more.
I am all for historical convoys but if you want to mix them with random ones then you need to be careful.

Also if you can reduce notification for convoys - while British did read ULTRA they did not go around by sending this to all random places, and definitely not to the subs. Right now it just cluttered with news. I actually did turn this off in my game, since those messages tell me about convoys I have no realistic chance of intercepting.

Also, for flavor if you want you can add a Spanish Sparviero on Balearic Islands (like a random group)
Old 07-16-11, 10:36 PM   #193
JuJu70
Seaman

Also if you need German convoys to Africa in 1941 it's in Jentz's book, if you don't have it I can post them here
Old 07-17-11, 04:33 AM   #194
cush
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Default thank you!

it works great!
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 05:01 AM   #195
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I am all for historical convoys but if you want to mix them with random ones then you need to be careful.
Yeah, I'l probably leave it as it is, fully random, but at least that info is useful to know routes used.

Quote:
Also if you can reduce notification for convoys - while British did read ULTRA they did not go around by sending this to all random places, and definitely not to the subs. Right now it just cluttered with news. I actually did turn this off in my game, since those messages tell me about convoys I have no realistic chance of intercepting.
I assume those contacts that appear are not only from ULTRA, but also from another subs in the Med and patrol airplanes in Malta, Alexandria and Gibraltar. I'll leave it as it is by now, probably I'll make it extensive to all convoys, reducing the % chance in general. If I ever implement the convoys layers splitted by years, the % of 1940 would be lower than in 1942, for instance.

Tags
british, campaign, italian, malta, mediterranean