SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-09, 08:32 AM   #76
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Everything I used the stadimeter on was mastheight. That's good because I prefer it that way just from a game difficulty angle. It's great to have a choice.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 03:30 PM   #77
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

I just tried the mod and found three problems.

1- The menu bar is all messed up for me. This is a problem a few of us had with the SH4 Menumaker when it was first released. The creator finally figured out what was wrong, and provided a fix in later versions. For those of us who have the problem, we have to do a "special save" to avoid the corrupted view. If you used Menumaker to change the buttons, it appears you didn't use that type of save. It's no biggie for me as I use my own button layout anyway. I wanted you to know in case anyone else reported the problem.

2- I find the numbers in the messages box harder to read now. It looks like they're bolder that the rest of the text, and this causes them to blend together in some cases. EDIT: on a second look, it's not just the message box. They're hard to read any where there's "normal" text.

3- While there may be fewer messages, you're still having the stock problem of some of them not showing up at all. Like the Pearl Harbor attack message. A notice shows in the message box, but the clipboard doesn't show the text. There is a fix another modder found for this. A [X] needs to be added before the actual text part of each message. Example:

@CINCPAC@^...^&Enemy attack on Pearl!&[X]AIR RAID PEARL HARBOR X

All messages will appear properly after adding this. BTW, if you decide to fix the messages, I can send you a copy of Adm. Stark's "Execute unrestricted warfare" message I've added to my messages.txt.

Other than these problems, I like GFO so far. Great work!

Last edited by fred8615; 05-22-09 at 04:45 PM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 09:15 PM   #78
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
I just tried the mod and found three problems.

1- The menu bar is all messed up for me. This is a problem a few of us had with the SH4 Menumaker when it was first released. The creator finally figured out what was wrong, and provided a fix in later versions. For those of us who have the problem, we have to do a "special save" to avoid the corrupted view. If you used Menumaker to change the buttons, it appears you didn't use that type of save. It's no biggie for me as I use my own button layout anyway. I wanted you to know in case anyone else reported the problem.
very strange? are you sure you didnt still have some mods installed before you installed GFO? in all my testing which included a few brand new fresh new installs of sh4 i never experienced any problems with the menu bar because i was watching to avoid any issues there.

Quote:
2- I find the numbers in the messages box harder to read now. It looks like they're bolder that the rest of the text, and this causes them to blend together in some cases. EDIT: on a second look, it's not just the message box. They're hard to read any where there's "normal" text.
its just your eyes pick up on the brighter color because only the color was changed so the size and shape and sharpness of the letters is the same as stock.

if you or anyone else wants to restore the games original text color you just have to remove or delete the "Fonts" folder inside the data/ menu folder found in GFO.

Quote:
3- While there may be fewer messages, you're still having the stock problem of some of them not showing up at all. Like the Pearl Harbor attack message. A notice shows in the message box, but the clipboard doesn't show the text. There is a fix another modder found for this. A [X] needs to be added before the actual text part of each message. Example:

@CINCPAC@^...^&Enemy attack on Pearl!&[X]AIR RAID PEARL HARBOR X

All messages will appear properly after adding this. BTW, if you decide to fix the messages, I can send you a copy of Adm. Stark's "Execute unrestricted warfare" message I've added to my messages.txt.
yes, i only removed messages i didnt fix any because i hadnt noticed they werent working.

PM me with more info so i see what its about and i need to give proper credit to who found the text fix

Quote:
Other than these problems, I like GFO so far. Great work!
thanks for the bug reports, its great feedback
Old 05-23-09, 03:07 PM   #79
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Hey Webster?

Do you have any way of fixing the superfast cloud movement in your mod? The stock clouds move at insane speeds across the sky.
Old 05-23-09, 03:41 PM   #80
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

I realize I'm way late on this suggestion but I just noticed (while in the game ... kept thinking I was looking forward when, in fact, I was looking aft) that the conning tower still tilts the wrong way during a dive/surface. IIRC, this was changed in TMO ... so, a fix should be out there somewhere. (And, I think you gotta admit, it would be a "fix"!)
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 05:16 PM   #81
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousKoel View Post
Hey Webster?

Do you have any way of fixing the superfast cloud movement in your mod? The stock clouds move at insane speeds across the sky.

yes, add the "Sky Environment Mod v1.0" by Seeadler

found here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=120

he likes opt4 the best and so do i, it will slow the morphing (mixing) of the clouds which is the real culprit that makes them look like they are moving too fast but the cloud moving speeds are actually not out of line with wind speeds but the morphing makes them seem to be moving in fast forward.

this is one of those mods that i left out of GFO for you to use only if it suits your taste.
Old 05-23-09, 05:22 PM   #82
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I realize I'm way late on this suggestion but I just noticed (while in the game ... kept thinking I was looking forward when, in fact, I was looking aft) that the conning tower still tilts the wrong way during a dive/surface. IIRC, this was changed in TMO ... so, a fix should be out there somewhere. (And, I think you gotta admit, it would be a "fix"!)
yes, it sounds like a much needed fix for the game and it would make a great ad-on mod for GFO if someone would put it together.
Old 05-24-09, 03:42 PM   #83
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
conning tower still tilts the wrong way, so, a fix should be out there somewhere
not only that, i've made a fix for the command room tilt too.
will be released soon for stock and TMO.
vickers03 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 09:22 PM   #84
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
very strange? are you sure you didnt still have some mods installed before you installed GFO? in all my testing which included a few brand new fresh new installs of sh4 i never experienced any problems with the menu bar because i was watching to avoid any issues there.
Brand new fresh install done because I switched from XP to Windows 7 RC 1. I tried it without any mods unstalled and it was fine. With just GFO installed, it's messed up.

Quote:
yes, i only removed messages i didnt fix any because i hadnt noticed they werent working.

PM me with more info so i see what its about and i need to give proper credit to who found the text fix
Here's the thread about the fix:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125882

If you want the Adm. Stark stuff, I'll PM it to you.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 07:04 AM   #85
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Thanks

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 12:29 PM   #86
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
not only that, i've made a fix for the command room tilt too.
will be released soon for stock and TMO.
Thanks. There are some things you just can't ignore.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 01:08 PM   #87
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Maybe this is not specific to GFO but..

Uboat 1.5, GFO, Real Environment (for stock), and a few of my mods (just images and cosmetic changes to the cameras.dat [scope parameters])

I have saved this game while underwater and with what looks like 3x destroyers approaching on the horizon.

Anyway, saving the game on any contact, I moved into position.. slightly out of position, I hit reverse engines.. and CTD.
OK.. reload and pickup from the last save.. No problem until I reverse engines.. CTD.

Anybody had similar problems
Oh I'm playing this on a Laptop, Acer Travelmate 5720 (2GB dram), with an ATI Radeon 2400XT GCard

I have a previous saved game on the surface with nothing around, but just wondering if Reversing Engines is common to CTD?
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 04:44 PM   #88
CastleBravo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I can definately use some of this......Thank you
Old 05-30-09, 03:25 AM   #89
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
Brand new fresh install done because I switched from XP to Windows 7 RC 1. I tried it without any mods unstalled and it was fine. With just GFO installed, it's messed up.

Here's the thread about the fix:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125882

If you want the Adm. Stark stuff, I'll PM it to you.

wow, very strange, i think it has to be something in windows 7 then because i just rechecked it all one more time and cant find anything not working correctly.

no one has ever reported anything like that when using Windows XP or Vista

send me the stark stuff and i'll look at it but to be honest im not looking to do any more modding.

i have a corrected version of my reduced radio traffic mod that now includes lurkers display fix so you can just add that to GFO to solve that issue.

find it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1033
Old 05-31-09, 12:35 PM   #90
[RS]Wedge
Watch

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

How do I turn off Battery charging with the GFO mod? When I click on the battery button when surfaced the shipmate just says "charging battery".

In the stock version 1.5 I am able to toggle the battery charging on and off.

Thansk for any help.
[RS]Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote