Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-21, 06:37 PM   #7546
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Over the years I have grown quite tired of the party sound of Abba'S music. But his girl's turn on it reveals a melodic beauty and musical "rhyme" in this overplayed song that goes far beyond the usual party and glorious shine.

Old 03-06-21, 06:45 AM   #7547
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-06-21, 10:01 AM   #7548
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

I also enjoy browsing amateur musicians and have quite often been pleasantly surprised at how good many of them are, and even the somewhat dodgy ones often have a sort of quirky charm to their efforts; I have often said a great many of the best musicians in the world aren't on the radio or recording albums or even at all well known; I can't remember just how many, many really great and even awe-inspiring performances I have seen over the decades given by buskers, bar bands, and others who will probably never have gotten or get the recognition they deserve; regrettably, in past decades when the big record companies and corporate radio ruled the scene, many truly fine performers were passed over mainly because they didn't fit the particular marketing strategies of the moment; one really glaring example in past history was a Decca Records executive who passed on signing a band in the early '60s because, at the time, record company wisdom was that 'guitar bands' were passé and no longer marketable; the band in question was The Beatles, who were signed to Parlophone when producer George Martin heard their demo tape and persuaded the label to sign the band as a gamble; but all was not lost for that Decca Records executive who passed on the biggest cash cow in recording history: he was so stung by the public revelation, and the subsequent ridicule, that he had passed on The Beatles, he sought out the first 'guitar band he could find and, with an endorsement of that band from George Harrison, he signed The Rolling Stones to Decca Records...

<O>

You really have hit the nail on the head. I have known many fine “ amateur “ musicians. With all bands, it's about musicianship, abilities, timing and chemistry. Even with all that, It's no guarantee of getting a record deal. I knew one amateur blues guitarist whose band I would visit when I was in town. When we saw each other, we would smile and I would always ask, “ what are you doing here ? “ I asked as he was in the mold of Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I always said that as I felt he should be playing big time and his band did release a few CD”s. I grew up not far from an incredibly gifted musical family who played on the amateur circuit. My friend was playing with his family at various venues on the weekends at the age of 14 or so but was already an accomplished musician on a number of instruments.

Old 03-06-21, 01:32 PM   #7549
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-06-21, 02:08 PM   #7550
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-06-21, 11:52 PM   #7551
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

Old 03-07-21, 06:37 AM   #7552
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-07-21, 05:48 PM   #7553
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-07-21, 07:39 PM   #7554
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Default Cause and Effect.

When it's not good to be the King.

Not to worry, another Monarch on his way....

Old 03-07-21, 10:05 PM   #7555
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-07-21, 11:39 PM   #7556
tmccarthy
Admiral

Rockstar, haha nice - Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte (Cave Man) -

1989 A.D. ...

Old 03-08-21, 03:57 AM   #7557
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I'm not usually a big fan of cover songs and redoes of a particular song. Over the past year or so, my opinion has changed dramatically as I have heard some great songs that have been rearranged using different instruments. In this case, using a piano instead of a Folk Guitar and turning the song into a power ballad. Today, we have mostly mindless “ songs “ masquerading as songs or music. This song by Revolution Saints is reminiscent of a time long past when we had real singers and great musicians coming together to create timeless classics.

The searing vocals of Deen Castronovo and the soaring melodies from Guitar Player, Doug Aldrich and great bass playing from Jack Blades demonstrates the intricate harmonies and textures from a great arrangement. This is “ I wouldn't change a thing.”This song was originally performed by Richard Page of Mr. Mister fame. I listed both songs so the listener can see the evolution of this fantastic song and lyrics.

This is the Richard Page version

This is the Revolution Saints version.

This Is Rock music and a power ballad the way it was meant to be. I love how this songs builds to a crescendo.

This song is dedicated to everyone here and any and all who reads this and who has experienced the terrible sting of the loss of someone special and important in their lives. We have all been there.

For my own part:

My dearest Susan. Love and miss you always. Not a day goes by.....
May you rest easy and slumber in peace. May you also know the light, warmth and love of God's Grace.

Till we meet again-Soon.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-08-21 at 09:59 PM. Reason: grammer errors
Old 03-08-21, 04:10 AM   #7558
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm not usually a big fan of cover songs and redoes of a particular song. Over the past year or so, my opinion has changed dramatically as I have heard some great songs that have been rearranged using different instruments. In this case, using a piano instead of a Folk Guitar and turning the song into a power ballad. Today, we have mostly mindless “ songs “ masquerading as songs or music. This song by Revolution Saints is reminiscent of a time long past when we had real singers and great musicians coming together to create timeless classics.

The searing vocals of Deen Castronovo and the soaring melodies from Guitar Player, Doug Aldrich and great bass playing from Jack Blades shows the intricate harmonies and textures from a great arrangement. This is “ I wouldn't change a thing.”This song was originally performed by Richard Page of Mr. Mister fame. I listed both songs so the listener can see the evolution of this fantastic song and lyrics.

This is the Richard Page version

This is the Revolution Saints version.

This Is Rock music and a power ballad the way it was meant to be. I love how this songs builds to a crescendo.

This is dedicated to everyone here and any and all who read this who has experienced the loss of someone special and important in their lives. We have all been there.

For my own part:

My dearest Susan. Not a day goes by.....
May you rest easy and slumber in peace. May you also know the the light, warmth and love of God's Grace.

Till we meet again-Soon.
Beautiful sentiments.....sad and true.
Old 03-08-21, 10:50 AM   #7559
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-09-21, 05:59 AM   #7560
tmccarthy
Admiral

Tags
music