SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-16-10, 07:02 PM   #1
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default Changing Nav charts

S'cuse me if this has been asked before but I've been looking all day for a small mod that will allow me to change to a different nav chart in game. Ideally I'd like to add a couple of different nav charts and be able to switch to them in game while navigating ( from stock nav chart to a shipping lane chart or to another chart I may create) without a MAJOR mod install or permanent chart swap (Map_Strategic.dds). I find it odd that the Tambor doesn't have a chart table or radio room.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-10, 10:07 PM   #2
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Well, they're several nav chart mods in the mods forum, why not look at those. I like the one that shows airbases as they change from US to JP, vice versa using flags. They're some old mods that put different charts on the table, but they really have no function. I assume you're aware of the better convoy shipping map mod for TMO/RSRD used with the radio.

Not sure how you would add more charts, obvious have to rob a function.
You may be able to use the F1 help screen and change the chapters to different charts. Someone just reloaded an old mod called Combat Information Center, that doe's just that, the chapter tabs are used for many different charts, moon phases, ect..It's a little old and needs some updating and can't be used with SCAF, but last I looked it was at the top of the list for gameplay mods.

You could place charts in your sub instead of the posters and such, but again no real function, unless you find something. Takes some converting, but I changed some of my posters to pictures of my wife, so you won't be seeing SS's at certain angles in my sub, really you can post them anywhere you have wall space...

You probably have found the mods so not trying to insult ya, but here ya go just in case, most are under gameplay, a few under graphics.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...hp?do=cat&id=2
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 12:49 AM   #3
MaddogK
XO

Already put the wifes pic on my desk at the base (to buy me some playtime), but putting some maps in the help file is an excellent idea. I was hoping for a dedicated chart table in the sub without a major mod install but adding/replacing the help file should do. Ideally I'd like to be able to scroll around on it, and have contacts/bases appear and disappear on it but no biggie, I just need to reference them while enroute.

Old 10-17-10, 07:43 PM   #4
MaddogK
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Well, they're several nav chart mods in the mods forum, why not look at those. I like the one that shows airbases as they change from US to JP, vice versa using flags. They're some old mods that put different charts on the table, but they really have no function. I assume you're aware of the better convoy shipping map mod for TMO/RSRD used with the radio.

Not sure how you would add more charts, obvious have to rob a function.
You may be able to use the F1 help screen and change the chapters to different charts. Someone just reloaded an old mod called Combat Information Center, that doe's just that, the chapter tabs are used for many different charts, moon phases, ect..It's a little old and needs some updating and can't be used with SCAF, but last I looked it was at the top of the list for gameplay mods.

You could place charts in your sub instead of the posters and such, but again no real function, unless you find something. Takes some converting, but I changed some of my posters to pictures of my wife, so you won't be seeing SS's at certain angles in my sub, really you can post them anywhere you have wall space...

You probably have found the mods so not trying to insult ya, but here ya go just in case, most are under gameplay, a few under graphics.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...hp?do=cat&id=2
Been studying that CIC mod and verrrry interesting- lots of possibilities here. BTW, stumbled on Capt. Cox's old gramaphone mod this morning (posted a current link) and it's works quite nicely for my needs (once adapted for v1.15/GFO), I even made a couple other charts I can swap in/out via JSGME. Thanks for the H/U on that CIC.

Old 10-17-10, 09:17 PM   #5
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

There are two other gramophone mods with 100's of songs done by dgrayson at the sh4 forum, that's some good music. Between the gramophone and all the radio mods I had to get a seperate external drive just for those, course those radio stations are large, but I love listening to hours of real war radio stations.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote