SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-09, 09:05 AM   #166
bojan811
Engineer

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Is it possibly to remove the filters or to change the color of the AP filter.
I can`t see nothing at dark night`s.
And One again congratulations on job well done.
Because of the people like you the SH3 heart is ticking.
bojan811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 01:09 PM   #167
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207

Karamazovnew included the filter to make scope's lines visible during night attack. If you wish to remove the filter, just use base ACM mod.
PL_Cmd_Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 01:36 PM   #168
Aleksandar the Great
Seaman

Downloads: 45

ACM Reloaded NPMV

Aleksandar the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 04:20 PM   #169
bojan811
Engineer

Downloads: 106

Aha I see...il stick to may good old acm reloaded.

Thanks man
bojan811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 05:17 PM   #170
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Default Complicated....

Sorry for the late reply...

Bojan, please read again my instructions (posted up on 07-25-2009 12:04 AM) on what this mod does and how to customise it. If you don't have photoshop, Gimp is a free app that does the same job. No photo skills needed, all you do is fill the images with single colors . Experiment a little. If you want to remove the filters all you need to do is fill the aplha channels of the *_filter.tga files with perfect black. Don't delete them or you'll get a "file not found" error. The AP is darker than the UZO and Obs Scope by design, not by accident. Even so, it's a bit brighter than the original ACM 1.10 one.

Cmd_Jacek, you've got it all wrong. I did not add filters to make the marks more visible . Ok, the Obs scope line are Black because the filter itself is more bright so now the marks are visible . But that was just coincidence, since green lines didn't look good on a yellow background as they did on the red one. FFS, now I'm getting confused. Let me explain a bit:
- the "lens" is actually a transparent (black alpha) hole in the background image through which you can see the 3d world.
- the "lens" has 3 components, so to speak:
1. the geometry of the lens, meaning the illusion that the lens is curved on the outside, made by using gradients (black to white circles) in the ObsScope.tga and Periscope.tga alpha channels. Indeed, the Periscope.tga alpha channel has a more "opaque" lens, meaning that it's a tiny tiny bit darker (whiter alpha), but not as dark(opaque/white) as the original ACM file.
2. the color of the lens (the "glass", not the lines!), given by the *_filter.tga files. Again, if you read carefully the instalation instructions, near the download link, you can see that to make the lens brighter, all you need to do is change the color in that file with a brighter (whiter) tint. Yeap, that's all.
3. the markings on the lens, given by the *_marks.tga files. These are transparent (but coloured) images, except for the opaque (white alpha channel) marks that you see as lines and numbers.

Wait a sec..... uhmmm....
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 05:20 PM   #171
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Default vs Simple

1. Read Instructions (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=190)
2. Open files in Gimp
3. Bucket fill with color of choice
4. Test in SH3
5. Download my files again after you mess up yours....
6. If needed, GOTO 1.

Old 08-19-09, 10:45 AM   #172
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

ok I'm a Nub

so what I can do, is only punish myself
Old 08-19-09, 11:08 AM   #173
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Allow me to assist .

Just kiddin mate , it's my fault for not keeping things simple .

PS, I'm not at home for a while so I can't work on the Upgrade for OLC mk2.
It's more of a map upgrade as I'm trying to keep the hydrophone lines while hiding the visual contact boxes. It's harder than it sounds, believe me.
But I'll finish it as soon as I can so that I can finaly make the ACM for SH4 .
Old 08-19-09, 11:19 AM   #174
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Why would like to keep the hydrophone lines ? Now the mod is so realistic and of course hard.

Especially, that there is a method to get speed, range and AOB of target based only from bearings.
Old 08-19-09, 11:24 AM   #175
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
..... I'm trying to keep the hydrophone lines while hiding the visual contact boxes.....
why do you want to keep the hydrophone lines? i mean is much more interesting not to have them. i think that having the ''no map contacts update'' checked is the best situation you can have

Quote:
...But I'll finish it as soon as I can so that I can finaly make the ACM for SH4 ....
i remember that Mikhayl had face big problems trying (not solved finally) to import the u-jagd tools in sh4 .have you made any progress at this point?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 11:24 AM   #176
karamazovnew
The Old Man

I hate the Map Contact Updates option, because it's too precise. But when you're underwater trying to dodge a few destroyers while being in the middle of a convoy, those hydro lines are very good at painting an overall image of the situation. It's a substitute for the incapability of the sonar man to track more than one target (the closest one).
Old 08-19-09, 11:36 AM   #177
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

I played with 100% realism with the ACM mode ( with No Map Contact Updates ). It gives me a lot of fun when I have to dodge the destroyers based only on: periscope view and bearings from sonar or just listening to voices from outside
Old 08-19-09, 11:46 AM   #178
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Hey mak, the page didn't update. As for the hydro lines, if I can't find the perfect solution, I will not include it anyway. The drawback of the current solution is that the single ship convoys are replaced with empty tga files so you won't see reports of single ships anymore. The convoy details (type, course, speed) also need to go just in case people start clicking everywhere on the map. And of course, as soon as you raise your scope, the lines go away .

As for the SH4 interface, I've already created all the necessary dials in the periscope screen. Sh4 has a hard-coded check for the itemId's (it's how the game differentiates the US interface from the German one) so it's no longer possible to move objects from one page to another. If you remember, it was possible to move the notepad pages from the obs scope screen to the AP screen. No more... Also, the commands.cfg file is useless for asigning commands to graphic objects. So it took a lot of head scratching to get around that. The open/close torpedo tubes and the toggle TDC autoupdate button will now be on the bottom bar, in the periscope page. Resolution and aspect ratio scaling is controled by the Zone line. As long as all the items are parented to menu groups glued to the sides of the screen, it works great. The draging effect of the small handles is also hardcoded to the width of those menu pages. Now if only I can decide on a final position for them and start doing the whole thing in 3d in maya, I'd be done in about a week or so . I have tools for both item renumbering and zone line editing (long live the VBA macros for MS Office) so adding things in the menu.ini file just takes seconds.
Old 08-19-09, 11:52 AM   #179
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Okok, i'll drop the whole hydro thing! I asked about it before and nobody answered .

Another note on the resolution issue. The reason why the Ujagd tool is hard to do is because it needs to sit in the center of the screen. I won't do that... I'll make a smaller version, that will sit at the side of the screen, based on this picture:
Old 08-19-09, 11:59 AM   #180
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Hey mak, the page didn't update---what do you mean?. As for the hydro lines, if I can't find the perfect solution, I will not include it anyway. The drawback of the current solution is that the single ship convoys are replaced with empty tga files so you won't see reports of single ships anymore. The convoy details (type, course, speed) also need to go just in case people start clicking everywhere on the map. And of course, as soon as you raise your scope, the lines go away . ---i can't understand what you don't like if you check the ''no map contact updates'' . everything disapears from the navmap.what is this that bothering people and try to modify that?

As for the SH4 interface, I've already created all the necessary dials in the periscope screen. Sh4 has a hard-coded check for the itemId's (it's how the game differentiates the US interface from the German one) so it's no longer possible to move objects from one page to another. If you remember, it was possible to move the notepad pages from the obs scope screen to the AP screen. No more... Also, the commands.cfg file is useless for asigning commands to graphic objects. So it took a lot of head scratching to get around that. The open/close torpedo tubes and the toggle TDC autoupdate button will now be on the bottom bar, in the periscope page. Resolution and aspect ratio scaling is controled by the Zone line. As long as all the items are parented to menu groups glued to the sides of the screen, it works great. The draging effect of the small handles is also hardcoded to the width of those menu pages. Now if only I can decide on a final position for them and start doing the whole thing in 3d in maya, I'd be done in about a week or so . I have tools for both item renumbering and zone line editing (long live the VBA macros for MS Office) so adding things in the menu.ini file just takes seconds.--- as i haven't involved with sh4 moding (can't understand how things working there and left it) ...i don't have a clue about all these.but ,tell me, you are saying that you sucessfully imported the u-jagd tools in sh4 ??
look at red

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote