SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-08, 01:06 PM   #1
neilbyrne
Torpedoman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default Missing crew for new 40mm gun

I posted this in the general forum, but probably it more properly belongs here.

Using the upc file in game save, I gave myself the GATO elite conning tower about four patrols ago after waiting for an upgrade to the original tower which never came and I was still stuck with the original bath tub tower in mid '44.

The elite tower came with a new single 40mm gun and a twin 20mm (hold over from original). The 40 is fully functional, I can man it, but has no crew and no slots for any in the roster. The 20mm still has one crew slot.

Looking at the upc save files, it doesn't appear that the game knows it's there; can't find it anywhere.

I've been waiting to be offered the 40 as an upgrade and I'd just buy it to get the crew slots, but so far not offered.

I have read completely about four long posts about how if you change gun mountings from fore to aft the crew disappears and what to do about it, but this seems different or maybe I'm just too obtuse to apply what I've read. I've mucked about a little in the files, but I'm not confident enough in my skills to go rewriting paragraphs and like that.

Is there a way by cutting and pasting some data to place the 40 onboard and have the game provide the crew slots?

Thanks.
neilbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote