SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-08, 06:41 PM   #181
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iricund
"Crew" nodes seem out on a lot of things. I see troops and dockworkers go out for jaunts across harbours Jesus style, not just on shipping.

There seem to be an awful lot of random ship collisions and ships miraculously spawning up mountains/ashore than I remember from before I started to play modded - that may just be me though. I pretty much jumped straight into a TM+RSRD setup a day or two after buying the stock game.
Maybe it's the old "don't save game close to harbor" syndrome again.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 06:49 PM   #182
iricund
Seaman

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Nope, I first noticed them at the start of a new patrol steaming North out of Surubaya in the German campaign. Thought it wierd seeing smoke littering the horizon at the start of the patrol and saw five separate ships aground. I can only hypothesise that they were scripted in some way to spawn there at the start of the mission rather than in the water.
iricund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 03:52 PM   #183
znatan
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Default can't allow more officers

Hey. I update both Uboat submarine files with bellow while in port, start the game and nothing - can't add more then 6 officers? Any idea why? I play stock with bellow MOds - noth special

MaxPettyOfficers=32 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=20 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7

360 degree bearing plotter imperial 1.5
DAS BOOT Music
ROW pacific Enviroments 1.1alpha Install PE 1_1
ROW Sound Effect v_9
ROW pacific Enviroments 1.1alpha Patch for pe1_2Alpha
Spaxs SH4 Uboat SPEACH FIX_V2
Metric_Nomograph_V15
NaturalSinkingMechanics_40 light

Thanks !!!
znatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 05:29 PM   #184
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 202

Merged Ducimus' thread with this one so everything is in one place. I'll ask Neal if we can get some kind of "modding U-Boat addon" sticky up, but it may fall into the SH4 mods category
Old 03-11-08, 06:17 PM   #185
iricund
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by znatan
Hey. I update both Uboat submarine files with bellow while in port, start the game and nothing - can't add more then 6 officers? Any idea why? I play stock with bellow MOds - noth special

MaxPettyOfficers=32 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=20 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7

360 degree bearing plotter imperial 1.5
DAS BOOT Music
ROW pacific Enviroments 1.1alpha Install PE 1_1
ROW Sound Effect v_9
ROW pacific Enviroments 1.1alpha Patch for pe1_2Alpha
Spaxs SH4 Uboat SPEACH FIX_V2
Metric_Nomograph_V15
NaturalSinkingMechanics_40 light

Thanks !!!
NSM isn't compatible at the moment with 1.5 I don't believe. Equally It deals with the ins and outs, zones and the like of Japanese shipping which I doubt you're shooting torps at in your U-boat. I'm no expert but it could well be causing your crashes as it tries to load. Well worth dropping out of your setup for the time being (as much as it hurts to not play with such an essential piece of kit. To Werner Sobe.
iricund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 06:31 PM   #186
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

So far the game is ok, but I found this weird bug:
I started in 43 from Surabaya and first of all noticed that the orders that you recieve are not translated correctly.
Then when you leave the harbor there are some destroyed ships:

I could understand if they would have beached the ships, but to put them on dry land is a bit too much.

One minor thing: My U-Boat crash dived in about 3 seconds.

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 07:04 PM   #187
WernerSobe
Commodore

dont use NSM with the addon. It will definetely cause problems.
WernerSobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 07:54 PM   #188
Dogzero1
Mate

Downloads: 38

Major problems with my U Boat dvd install. Never had problems previously, but 1.5 is now jerky as hell. Eyes missing. Ships on land and crew on bridge under water. Poor really. Going back to 1.4 and RFB.

Dogzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 08:32 AM   #189
Claudius
Mate

Downloads: 35

It was ridiculous the siren of alarm of the American submarines in U-BOATS!!!
A serious flaw in my opinion. What do find? And the crew members' voices were horrible in English, they could have put the option of voices in German, to be more realistic.
Claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 12:26 PM   #190
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

I think that this is an old bug, but I noticed Japanese crewmen and civilians on board a Liberty Ship that I sunk south of the Phillippines. The Jap sailors were manning the bow deck gun. I should have taken a screenie, but I didn't.

Also, I've been playing on "very hard" with 90%+ realism (I like my camera views) and the planes are waaaaay too easy to shoot down. Looking forward to installing the supermods for 1.5.

I was happy to see that my first 4 German fish that I fired hit their targets at several thousand yards (I forgot to switch to Metric). I'm happy to see that I never lost my German TDC groove.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 09:07 PM   #191
Claudius
Mate

Downloads: 35

Bugs that I observed....

- Delay in the in almost all of the orders... and warnings...
- One of the crew members that they are in the tower, is transparent" (the one on the left side), of the to see through him!
- I already dove with the crew members in the machine guns and cannon, unassuming in the "vigil submerged!"
- I went to the bottom because the crew members didn't repair a single damage... same existing all of the conditions for that....

They make a beautiful expansion exactly to see if it saves the game, putting U-boats but they leave everything as the Americans: the sirens... "COMSUPAC" or opposite of BDU.... (nor they changed the form of sending of messages!), they left the sounds in English.... and "the same voices of the Americans"... it was horrible!!!
Claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-08, 11:46 AM   #192
simkodavid
Swabbie

Downloads: 90
Default New gamer, old problems

Hi all,
I'm new to SH4, used to play Silent Hunter Commander Edition (kind of a special release of SH1) a lot. I still keep the whole package.

Decided to come back to the game, I've bought SH4+U-Boat Add on and installed it. I've downloaded Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod, BBC_World sound mod and GreenLamp1.5 mod. I've decided on practicing a while before downloading SH4-ver15_TMO and RSRDC_V310_for_V15.

1. Game related question: when submerged and taking damage on the deck gun, why is the deck gun crew injured? I'm submerged, they are not suppose to be on deck?

2. Game crash: I've played the tutorial and the first two Patrol missions, difficulty level - 50. I keep getting game crashes at least one per mission, some times more.

3. Sound from radio problem: while playing the radio, now and then one of the added radio stations plays in a very fast pitch or very slow but not the original station (washington).

Are any of the mentioned above problems related to the mods or are the mods verified as problems free?

Last but not least,(not a bug) What happened to the calendar with sunrise and sunset times, and is there an option for weather reports ? an add on maybe?

I followed most of the advices found on the forum, i.e latest drivers for my Radeon X800 and the onboard sound. clean install of XP pro, the CPU is P4 3G, M/B is Abit and I've installed 2GB of RAM.

The only programs loaded besides hardware drivers are
the HP PSC drivers and ZoneAlarm security suite.

Have I missed something or is it normal game behaviour?

Thanks in advanced.
simkodavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 03:01 PM   #193
scrag
Medic

Downloads: 6
Default submerged locater in the sky

I had the orange arrowcircle locator both in the water and overhead in the sky. I saved the game in the open ocean and away from anytihng. When I reloaded the msn it was corrupt. It started out okay then 2 minutes into it the first officer starts repeating torpedo in the water over and over again till it stops responding and crashes. One thing of note is that I was playing Company of Heroes prior too playing SHIV1.5. Now I reboot the machine first and no problems.
Old 03-24-08, 09:17 AM   #194
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Another small thing I found - the engine sound positioning is backwards when in the interior of the boat. The sounds are coming from the fore of the boat when the engines are aft of the command room. The bow wake sound, conversely, is coming from the aft.
I had also noticed this, and it really bugs me.

I've only read the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread so forgive me if it's been said allready, but when I look forward from the bridge the water near the front of the boat seems to vibrate. I get decent framerates and everything else looks fine, it's just that water right there at the front. If I look left or right, the water there seems fine.

Also, I get the crewmen staying on deck while submerged. I haven't tested it, but at the time I thought it was because I submerged while at battlestations.

(EDIT) I just noticed that the conning tower in the Uboat doesn't do night lighting with the rest of the ship....

Last edited by wetwarev7; 03-24-08 at 08:43 PM.
wetwarev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 09:59 AM   #195
Dogzero1
Mate

Downloads: 38

Yep, after trying it out for the last two weeks, all I can say is 1.5 U-Boat addon is rubbish at this present time.

Back to the superb GWX2 SH3 for my U-Boat fix...........see pics below.

Dogzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote