SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-20, 05:22 AM   #5116
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Millions of people in England wake up to tighter Covid restrictions.

London, York and Essex are among the places moving into the second highest category.

Lancashire joins the Liverpool City Region in the highest alert category.

Stalemate continues between Greater Manchester's leaders and central government over virus measures.

Austria’s foreign minister Alexander Schallenberg tests positive for coronavirus.

Israel is to ease its second nationwide lockdown after cases decline.

More than 39 million cases have been confirmed worldwide globally with more than 1.1 million deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 05:27 AM   #5117
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A ban on people travelling to Wales from coronavirus hotspots elsewhere in the UK has come into effect.

Paris and other French cities start a month-long night curfew. About 20 million people are covered by the curfew, which goes from 21:00 to 06:00 every night.

Austria’s Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg has no symptoms and is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus. It is suspected he may have contracted the virus at the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg on Monday.

Poland has recorded its highest daily number of coronavirus cases since the start of the pandemic with 9,622 new Covid-19 infections.

Israel's government has agreed to ease a month-long second nationwide lockdown, after a significant decline in the number of new coronavirus cases.

A city in eastern China has started offering a coronavirus vaccine to the general public -although it has not yet completed clinical trials.

Trump campaign adviser Chris Christie has urged Americans to take coronavirus "seriously" after spending days in intensive care with Covid-19

Old 10-17-20, 05:49 AM   #5118
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-17-20, 08:26 AM   #5119
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Signed by thousands of Medical practitioners and Scientists.

Quote:
The Great Barrington Declaration

The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.
Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.
Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.
Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.
As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.
The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.
Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.
Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.
https://gbdeclaration.org/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 09:51 AM   #5120
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Signed by thousands of Medical practitioners and Scientists.
Including fake names like Dr. I.P. Freely, Dr. Person Fakename and Dr. Johnny Bananas, who listed himself as a "Dr of Hard Sums".

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...etter-12099947

The declaration was published by three authors, among them

"Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases."

Sunetra Gupta claimed in a widely criticized paper in March that half of the British population was already infected with the virus and thus immune. A significant misjudgment, as tests have now shown. To date, since Sars-CoV-2 has already claimed 43,000 lives in Great Britain, less than ten percent of the population has developed antibodies against it.

It is not surprising that the declaration was signed in Great Barrington, Massachusetts - at the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER) located there. Its donors include the US oil billionaire Charles Koch, a notorious denier of climate change, and his foundation has already donated at least a five-figure sum.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/gesundhe...hmen-1.5068325

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 09:58 AM   #5121
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Says you with the broken and foreign language links.
I also see that your argument is so strong that you had to straight away violate forum rules and go to personal harassment memes to buttress your point.

Is your former forum name Takeda?

Old 10-17-20, 10:50 AM   #5122
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ i guess not, Takeda left the US because his neighbours physically threatened him and his wife for being immigrants in 2016. He then also left this forum.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 10:52 AM   #5123
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ i guess not, Takeda left the US because his neighbours physically threatened him and his wife for being immigrants in 2016. He then also left this forum.

You don't actually buy that do you? The guy was full of conspiracy theories. I think the madness just caught up with him and I do know that he came back to the forum under an(other) assumed name at least once.

Old 10-17-20, 11:58 AM   #5124
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Other famous names included Dominic Cummings, who is described as "PhD Durham Univercity".
I liked that part of the article

Old 10-18-20, 05:18 AM   #5125
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
People in England who have been told to self-isolate through NHS Test and Trace could have their details shared with the police on a "case-by-case basis".

Forces will have access to information telling them if an individual has been told to self-isolate, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said.

But the British Medical Association said it was worried police involvement might put people off being tested.

In England there is a legal requirement to isolate after a positive test.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54586897
I'm not sure how this will pan out but I should imagine public opinion will be split.

Old 10-18-20, 07:06 AM   #5126
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I remember he claimed he was being harrassed but I do not recall anything about him or his wife being immigrants or be was targeted for being an immigrant? Was that right?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 10:52 AM   #5127
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I remember he claimed he was being harrassed but I do not recall anything about him or his wife being immigrants or be was targeted for being an immigrant? Was that right?
IIRC the harassment which included the painting of the star of david on his garage door was because his wife was jewish.

Old 10-18-20, 10:53 AM   #5128
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-18-20, 11:08 AM   #5129
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
IIRC the harassment which included the painting of the star of david on his garage door was because his wife was jewish.

I doubt anything like that really happened. The guy had some kind of persecution complex.

Old 10-18-20, 11:19 AM   #5130
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Yep, and if I remember correctly their kids were pulled in to it aswell, so they decided to leave for Australia.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan