SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-11, 02:04 PM   #166
JuJu70
Seaman

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
As per the patrol zones: once you finish your first patrol orders you should send a situation report and then you should be ordered another patrol zone.
I restarted the game about 6 times now due to testing mostly but every time after the first patrol and sending in the report I am told to do what I want or return to base.

Also I am more happy now with TMO visuals, at least if you're not careful you'll suffer in calm waters. I'd suggest adding 3-4 MAS boats to each ASW group operating around ports - which is historically correct.
JuJu70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 10:11 AM   #167
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu70 View Post
I restarted the game about 6 times now due to testing mostly but every time after the first patrol and sending in the report I am told to do what I want or return to base.
I just made two quick patrols out of Malta in a U-Class. I got my orders assigned: patrol central Med. Spent the 5 days in my patrol area and when the patrol was considered completed, I sent the report status. The result in both of them is a message indicating a new area:

If it doesn't work for you, I can only think of one reason: you're running low of fuel or torpedoes. You need to have 35% of fuel or 25% of torpedoes left to get sent to another area. I'm not sure if you need to fulfill both not to be recalled back to base.

Alternatively, maybe you're still using version 1.0 of the campaign, which didn't have this implemented. You should then download the new version in the first post of this thread.
Old 06-30-11, 10:20 AM   #168
JuJu70
Seaman

I start from Alexandria, I was sent to Central Med, Taranto and Adriatic. Each time I was told good job! do what you want. The only thing I did I changed the dates on all African patrols to a later date.

Torps and fuel is Ok
Old 06-30-11, 12:19 PM   #169
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I started a new one from Alexandria this time in a T-Class, and again it worked as intended (except that I can't get a third different patrol area).

Old 06-30-11, 03:41 PM   #170
JuJu70
Seaman

Hmm,

what actually determines if you get a second objective? Which file(s) is it in?
Old 07-01-11, 01:27 AM   #171
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu70 View Post
Hmm,

what actually determines if you get a second objective? Which file(s) is it in?
DynamicMiss.cfg in ../data/campaigns/campaign folder
Old 07-02-11, 01:40 PM   #172
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Regarding the lack of proficiency of Sparvieros, I just found that in WDAD the visual sensor was that of a single-seater fighter. I just changed it to a bomber, and hopefully will have a better sight from now on.

I also did a bad conversion of the Pete into a Ro.43.
Old 07-02-11, 02:02 PM   #173
ETAIPOS
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

Great looking mod!

Is it somehow possible to add Polish campaign to this mod?
There were two Poland in exile ships: ORP Sokol and ORP Dzik (both British U type) operating of Malta.

ORP Sokol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Sok%C3%B3%C5%82

ORP Dzik
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Dzik

I do not know if the game allows using specific ships, but maybe adding new U type copy with only random name list with only two entries could solve this?
Old 07-03-11, 02:52 AM   #174
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAIPOS View Post
Great looking mod!

Is it somehow possible to add Polish campaign to this mod?
There were two Poland in exile ships: ORP Sokol and ORP Dzik (both British U type) operating of Malta.

ORP Sokol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Sok%C3%B3%C5%82

ORP Dzik
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Dzik

I do not know if the game allows using specific ships, but maybe adding new U type copy with only random name list with only two entries could solve this?
Yes, editing the roster would make only those two boats eligible, but still you would have a crew with British names.

There are a couple of extra files that possibly would allow you to fix this (This is something I'm not 100% sure, as I didn't tinker with it up to now). They're in ..\Data\UPCData\UPCCrewData\, and can be easily edited with the notepad: CrewMembersNames.upc and CrewMembers.upc.

A museum pic of the pseudo-Ro.43:

Old 07-03-11, 10:52 AM   #175
JuJu70
Seaman

Actually looks good. But historically they didn't carry any bombs, so it shouldn't either or if that's impossible perhaps just 1 100kg bomb.
Old 07-06-11, 06:24 AM   #176
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Now I'm reworking the stock Japanese sub-chaser to better resemble a Gabbiano-class corvette. Still a lot of work to do, but looks more like the real one than the original sub-chaser.

With eight! DC throwers and two DC racks, that one should be really dangerous .
Old 07-06-11, 06:45 AM   #177
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Now I have version 1.5 I am just wondering if there is an playable surface ships for this mod
Old 07-07-11, 12:34 PM   #178
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Now I have version 1.5 I am just wondering if there is an playable surface ships for this mod
No, sorry. This is a submarine game and a submarine campaign. Surface ships are targets (and some subs as well ).
Old 07-07-11, 01:05 PM   #179
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
No, sorry. This is a submarine game and a submarine campaign. Surface ships are targets (and some subs as well ).
OK no worries, looks a great mod and I have never played a British sub
Old 07-12-11, 01:34 AM   #180
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The final version of the Gabbiano:

Tags
british, campaign, italian, malta, mediterranean