Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-21, 09:10 PM   #2146
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
A Democrat President ended a war that Democrat Senators and Representatives voted almost unanimously to start.

A war that the last Democrat President didn't manage to end in 8 whole years.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-21, 09:19 PM   #2147
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I assume you voted for someone to represent you in D.C.

What did the one you voted for say or do to end this debacle. What were your expectations of your representative and did they advance your will or did they just blow you off knowing you’ll just vote them in again?

What boils down is it’s YOU and your vote which allowed this to happen.
Regrettably, the people I voted for didn't win. Guess you once again presumed wrong.
Old 08-31-21, 10:41 PM   #2148
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Regrettably, the people I voted for didn't win. Guess you once again presumed wrong.
Your candidates had thoughts on this didn’t they? What was their plan to end the war in Afghanistan? Surely they had one that’s why you voted for them right? Please share what their plan was and how if more people voted for them they might have changed the course in Afghanistan or even prevent future U.S. military expansion.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-21, 10:54 PM   #2149
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Give it up Rockstar, Arlo's playing word games, not worth paying attention to.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-21, 11:04 PM   #2150
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Your candidates had thoughts on this didn’t they? What was their plan to end the war in Afghanistan? Surely they had one that’s why you voted for them right? Please share what their plan was and how if more people voted for them they might have changed the course in Afghanistan or even prevent future U.S. military expansion.
So you want me to play the speculation game, too? I'm fairly confident that they would have made better choices than those who got (re)elected. But hey, if we focus on those who made the clusterfudge what it is then how can we focus on those who didn't yet slam them for *ShruG* whatever?
Old 08-31-21, 11:05 PM   #2151
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Give it up Rockstar, Arlo's playing word games, not worth paying attention to.
Def, your 'word games' aren't better. But ... please ... keep trying.
Old 08-31-21, 11:43 PM   #2152
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
So you want me to play the speculation game, too? I'm fairly confident that they would have made better choices than those who got n(re)elected. But hey, if we focus on those who made the clusterfudge what it is then how can we focus on those who didn't yet slam them for *ShruG* whatever?

Speculation? I asked you a question about the persons you voted for and what the platform was they ran on regarding Afghanistan or future military expansion. I thought you might have had more to say about your candidates than you being just ‘fairly confident’ they might have better ideas. By that answer though it seems you don’t have a clue why you voted for them. Which IMO is exactly why as a nation we always find ourselves in places like Afghanistan, South America, Iraq, Syria, Africa and god knows where else dropping freedom and democracy bombs.

Old 09-01-21, 01:49 AM   #2153
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
[...] By that answer though it seems you don’t have a clue why you voted for them. Which IMO is exactly why as a nation we always find ourselves in places like Afghanistan, South America, Iraq, Syria, Africa and god knows where else dropping freedom and democracy bombs.
I have no idea what Arlo voted for and as in a democracy no one has to tell.

Apart from this i think the freedom and democracy bomb thing is just a thin disguise for politics to get hands on resources to make money with.
I somehow doubt that this is an especially "democrat" thing.
And if they are, they are not "left" at all; indeed i think there is no left wing party in the US.

If industry really swings away from oil there will be other precious resources like rare earths and so on in other countries to drop freedom bombs.. China comes to mind.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-01-21 at 02:40 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 02:35 AM   #2154
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Meanwhile Republican governed states where Reps fear they could lose future elections more likely change election rules to make it more difficult for voter groups likely to vote against them to even actually vote. Like gerrymandering, this is election rigging and an attempt to manipulate. It reveals an understanding of democracy that is not any different from that of the KP in China, Putin in Russia, or the SED in the GDR. These too have or had "free elections".
Old 09-01-21, 07:45 AM   #2155
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Beware the Kraken.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...05.172.0_4.pdf
Old 09-01-21, 08:14 AM   #2156
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Speculation? I asked you a question about the persons you voted for and what the platform was they ran on regarding Afghanistan or future military expansion. I thought you might have had more to say about your candidates than you being just ‘fairly confident’ they might have better ideas. By that answer though it seems you don’t have a clue why you voted for them. Which IMO is exactly why as a nation we always find ourselves in places like Afghanistan, South America, Iraq, Syria, Africa and god knows where else dropping freedom and democracy bombs.
If you can pull up a single 2020 Congressional candidate that had Afghanistan as part of their campaign platform (especially ending the war there) , please do. If not, then you're just playing performance theater. I know why I voted for/against specific candidates. It generally involved voting for someone who indicated some degree of actual care about their constituents and often involved repairing the nation, as a whole. Now do some spittle dancing about that.
Old 09-01-21, 08:19 AM   #2157
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
If you can pull up a single 2020 Congressional candidate that had Afghanistan as part of their campaign platform (especially ending the war there) , please do. If not, then you're just playing performance theater. I know why I voted for/against specific candidates. It generally involved voting for someone who indicated some degree of actual care about their constituents and often involved repairing the nation, as a whole. Now do some spittle dancing about that.
Such a simple question and you don’t have a clue. You’re just another lonely troll that babbles on about absolutely nothing looking for attention.

Old 09-01-21, 08:29 AM   #2158
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Such a simple question and you don’t have a clue. You’re just another lonely troll that babbles on about absolutely nothing looking for attention.
I see you apparently couldn't point out a single candidate who ran on a platrform with a detailed Afghanistan exit strategy (whether you supported them or not). Next time try challenging someone else to do what you're capable of. Anyone can ... on a forum. (clown)
Old 09-01-21, 08:46 AM   #2159
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Putz

Old 09-01-21, 08:49 AM   #2160
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Putz
Moron.