SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-09, 05:35 PM   #181
SandyCaesar
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

"'Motivation of a sloth'? I resent that! Our boats are completely out of diesel, and before anyone suggests it I am not going to drift down this fjord with a jury-rigged sail, seeing that the good folks in Trondheim have sea mines everywhere." He pauses to take a drink of water. "So we're stuck here. I only arrived two years ago, and since then I spent most of my time...er, 'fishing' is what I put on my reports." <gesture at the unusually well-stocked bar> "And that's strictly between you and me and the wall, ja?"

Vanvikan, Feb. 2009: ordinary human, KIA, night 4

HMS Thanatus, May 2009: ??? human, KIA, night 7
Old 02-09-09, 05:42 PM   #182
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Extract from local newspaper "Pulse of Vanvikan"

*** Mayor returns to the village from Trondhiem where he had a meeting with Mayor of that city, disscussion point was the last events of non-explained brutal murders at the outskirts of the village and the request of extra reinforcement of 13 armed policemen to the village of Vanvikan was achieved to assure the safety of local citizens. The reinforcement of policemen should arrive in the next couple of days. ***

Old 02-09-09, 05:42 PM   #183
SandyCaesar
Chief

"But in any case, there's the matter at hand. The Germans want guard duty, and personally I like the idea of everyone in little groups...safety in numbers, that sort of thing. Four groups of six? Or six groups of four? That would include everyone...so lesrae will have to bring his sheep into the town square, of course...

Ach, if only we can hold out until those polizei arrive..."

Old 02-09-09, 05:45 PM   #184
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Unnatural seletion

Feb. 9, 1945 13:05

The whole base buzzed nervously with the news of the latest mauling. Raptor was buried with full, if somewhat hurried, military honors in the ancient cemetery northeast of the village. The U-bootmenn were deeply shaken, they had loved and admired the old Chief. In the makeshift infirmary, the Kamp men streamed past Letum’s screened off bed with the caps in hand and a few with a tear in their eye. None were allowed to visit with the comatose soldier. Oberst Chad had a guard stationed at his bed.

Mayor Contact and Oberst Chad conferred and called all the men and the villagers to the old well for an announcement.

“Men of the Wehrmacht, men of the Kriegsmarine, people of Vanvikan, I am declaring a state of emergency,” began Oberst Chad. “Two men have been savagely attacked and murdered, and one is lying in a bed from which he may never wake up to tell us what he saw. Therefore, we shall not wait for the next attack. Under my authority, we will determine who among you is likely to be causing these crimes and he, or she, will be summarily shot at sunset. Come forward and present your evidence, your testimony, your alibi…and then cast a lot for the person you believe to be the guilty party. I am a firm believer in people’s instincts. We shall find the murderer.

If you are accused, you will be allowed to make a plea before the mob, er,…I mean, people.”

Now, let’s get this dirty business over so we can continue on with our work and lives.”

Old 02-09-09, 05:49 PM   #185
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

"Mayor Contact, nice to see you again, I hope your trip went well?"

Chad stands up and puts his hand on his hip, showing his black revolver, looking at the Mayor very suspiciously.

"Listen, I wanted to talk to you, the events of last night and the night before are really becoming quite bothersome. I have set up several watches in the Kamp, and talked to Kaleu Jimbuna and have heard his plans for the night. What I want to talk to you about, is, until the reinforcement of your "Police" show up, how are you planning on protecting your people?

The German Wehrmact is willing to protect you, as long as you promise to keep an eye out on those saboteur. If they breach the Kamp, they will be shot on site, understood? It doesn't matter who it is.
Old 02-09-09, 05:52 PM   #186
Chad
ACE

Standing with me is UnderseaLcpl, Hitman, and Mayor Contact
Old 02-09-09, 05:58 PM   #187
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

" Looks around bar thinking to himself " My boats manned with drunks and womanizers. And no radio to contact Berlin.

That old fool Donitz might as well have stocked this boat with mackerel as with this crew.

If I have to rely on them or the rest of the DOLTS here I might as well stake myself in the middle of town like a goat.

You owe me Herr Himmler if and when I get out of this hell hole.

Some secret misson. And now I have to listen to what these arrogant asses have to groan about. JC

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
Old 02-09-09, 05:58 PM   #188
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

*Steps out of the assembled crowd she walks up to the three men. She reaches into her pocket and removes a piece of coarse black fur from the pinny.*

I found that Oberst Chad, on my windowsill this morning... I'm thankful to be alive!

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-09-09, 06:00 PM   #189
SandyCaesar
Chief

SandyC looked suspiciously at Firewall. Silver weapons, swagger...unless it were all a ploy?

"That man could be our salvation, or our doom," he whispered to himself.

Old 02-09-09, 06:04 PM   #190
Chad
ACE

"Penelope, thank you.. But you should have came straight to me."

Chad hands the fur to UnderseaLcpl for inspection, and then put into an evidence bag.

"Any others, please step up!"
Old 02-09-09, 06:04 PM   #191
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
"Mayor Contact, nice to see you again, I hope your trip went well?"

Chad stands up and puts his hand on his hip, showing his black revolver, looking at the Mayor very suspiciously.

"Listen, I wanted to talk to you, the events of last night and the night before are really becoming quite bothersome. I have set up several watches in the Kamp, and talked to Kaleu Jimbuna and have heard his plans for the night. What I want to talk to you about, is, until the reinforcement of your "Police" show up, how are you planning on protecting your people?

The German Wehrmact is willing to protect you, as long as you promise to keep an eye out on those saboteur. If they breach the Kamp, they will be shot on site, understood? It doesn't matter who it is.
Good day Colonel

As you already know we are definetly having a serious situation in this area.

I'm announcing curfew as order to all the citizens of Vanvikan village from 22:00 evening to 8:00 morning sharp. Anyone who will be cought outside of these time limits in the area will be prosecuted to the arrest. Anyone who will try to avoid arrest will be shot on sight.
Till police reinforcement arrives I would like to ask you colonel to support these actions, and to think of tranfering all you personel into the perimeters of village to strengten the circle of diffence in one place and try to hold this night without any casualties. I hoping for you cooperation Colonel.

Old 02-09-09, 06:10 PM   #192
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna stares with incredulous amazement at the throng arrayed in front of him and thanks his lucky stars he can position his boat out in the fjord.

'If only I had a crystal ball' he thinks to himself.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-09-09, 06:15 PM   #193
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
"Penelope, thank you.. But you should have came straight to me."

Chad hands the fur to UnderseaLcpl for inspection, and then put into an evidence bag.
I really didn't know if I could trust you though Oberst. I have told you as much as I know, I am putting my absolute faith in you here....Especially as it seems you are the only one willing to step up for us!

Last night, something, or somebody, tried to kill me. I am here to tell the tale... and for that I am eternally grateful. I kept it secret because I just wasn't sure... Im frightened out of my wits!

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-09-09, 06:17 PM   #194
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

That fur on your window sill barmaid could have got there going OUT the window as well as something trying to get in.

You were pretty quick getting to Letum right after the alarm.

Care to explain THAT to us. ?

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
Old 02-09-09, 06:17 PM   #195
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Adressed to Kapitanleutnant Jimbuna

Due to the unexplained alerted situation in the are of Vanvikan we offer you and all the crew of your boat to withdraw back to village and to make a ring of deffence to hold two days untill we receive the police reinforcement from Trondhiem. We need any ammunition you got. Since we don;t know what are we facing with extreme cautious is advised. Curfew hours are in force. Please respond to this request before sunset.

Closed Thread