Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-15-21, 10:56 AM   #1366
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Did you know it? In past years, US imports of Russian oil had climbed from 0.5% of all American imports to over 7%. Last year tbe US imported more oil from Russia than from Saudi Arabia.
Wrote Blomberg.

Thats good intel. It would appear then there may be some disparity between the LatestHeadline-anon and reality.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-15-21 at 11:45 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 02:00 PM   #1367
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Just throwing darts here.

Obviously neither Germany or the U.S. really needs to buy more Russian energy. But we are, and by doing so would that purchase power have an influence over those select few we are making rich help see things our way in the way of regime change?

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR3063.html

Russia's weaknesses lie in the economic domains

• Russia's greatest vulnerability, in any competition with the United States, is its economy, which is comparatively small and highly dependent on energy exports.
  • The Russian leadership's greatest anxiety stems from the stability and durability of the regime.
The most promising measures to stress Russia are in the realms of energy production and international pressure

• Continuing to expand U.S. energy production in all forms, including renewables, and encouraging other countries to do the same would maximize pressure on Russia's export receipts and thus on its national and defense budgets. Alone among the many measures looked at in this report, this one comes with the least cost or risk.
  • Sanctions can also limit Russia's economic potential. To be effective, however, these need to be multilateral, involving (at a minimum) the European Union, which is Russia's largest customer and greatest source of technology and capital, larger in all these respects than the United States.

Old 06-15-21, 02:21 PM   #1368
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ You are somehow right, as i may have said earlier (ten years ago? )
But why always kick against Russia, i mean it's not even 'communist' anymore.

I do not know for sure of course, but i think China is a much bigger threat, and i do not even mean weapon-wise. Whatever you or I think about Putin he is dependable in a blunt basic way, and he has always stuck to treaties as long as they were useful for him and others.
As someone else wrote Russia is able to disrupt things like digital controls, but it is not a threat in a long-term strategy of the US, let alone the nations of Europe. The west treats Russia like an underdog, as it did directly after 1990.. this is neither reasonable nor a wise "strategy".
You know i am not reluctant when it is about calling Putin out, but imho he makes a lot more sense than his predecessors.
Sending Josep Borrel to Russia without having any say or message was a very stupid thing to do, and there's no one but the EU to blame.

It is idiotic of the EU to show hurried-ahead (right words?) obedience to what it thinks the US wants, and thus unnecessarily raising tensions between the EU and Russia. It makes even less sense to officially damn our neighbour all the time but accepting all the advantages without ever mentioning them.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 02:56 PM   #1369
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Agreed, China is the bigger socalled threat. So why give Russia such a hard time? Because I think it would be easier to direct China if Russia wasnt developing closer investment and economic ties, and selling advanced arms and technology to China. To put the squeeze on Russia is to put the squeeze China.

Just dont expect me to support idiot extremists and neo nazis to further those goals.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-15-21 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-15-21, 03:00 PM   #1370
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The real big crisis will come the day China has pushed USA off the throne as the leading military and world police.

EU will lose too as China will take-over their sphere of interest.

It's only a matter of time before they have done it fully.

They(China)Will conquer the world with...no not military, but with money.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 04:56 PM   #1371
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Now here someone who has credentials I can support and doesnt have extremist skeletons in her closet. Unlike the first two clowns Navalny and Protasevich.

https://www.rt.com/russia/503675-tik...sition-figure/

Old 06-16-21, 07:07 AM   #1372
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The real big crisis will come the day China has pushed USA off the throne as the leading military and world police.

EU will lose too as China will take-over their sphere of interest.

It's only a matter of time before they have done it fully.

They(China)Will conquer the world with...no not military, but with money.

Markus
It's not even "dethroning" the US - it's everyone. China has imperialist ambitions across the entire planet. Disputes over oil and fishing in the Pacific. Belt and Road programs across Africa, Middle East and Asia, as well as Latin America. Infiltration of western institutions and governments. Infiltrastion of Eastern European and Slavic institutions and governments. Continuous and ongoing military and industrial espionage and IP theft. Brutal repression of minorities that makes racism in the US and colonialist western brutality in past years look like a carnival of fun and excitement in comparison.

The sheer arrogance of building on Indian soil or throwing a pile of rocks into the sea a few miles off the coast of Asian neighbors and declaring the entire ocean to be theirs'. The blatant exploitation of fishing grounds in other countries' coastal waters by huge commercial fleets. The horribly-mannered tourists who make American tourists look positively well-behaved.

China under the CCP is an insidious existential threat to the rest of the world. Western conservatives have warned about China for decades - and western liberals have pooh-poohed them while excusing China's bad behavior by claiming that as they got economically richer, they would become more western in their outlook.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 06-16-21 at 07:25 AM.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 04:31 PM   #1373
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Did you know it? In past years, US imports of Russian oil had climbed from 0.5% of all American imports to over 7%. Last year tbe US imported more oil from Russia than from Saudi Arabia.
Wrote Blomberg.

What a load of crap. Imports of all kinds fell through the floor last year. Pretending that percentages of nothing is somehow meaningful is just stupid.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 04:55 PM   #1374
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/m...e-souring-ties

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ising-tensions
Old 06-16-21, 04:57 PM   #1375
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Like I said, crap.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 05:00 PM   #1376
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Watched about an hour CNN earlier today(before the football) there were guest in the studio talking about this meeting.

The host said-Which things do think Biden will discuss with Putin
Will he discuss Russia interference the American election

I looked at them I thought-What if Biden didn't discuss these thing-What if they only had a good friendship talk.

I have zero clue about diplomacy.

Markus

Old 06-16-21, 05:30 PM   #1377
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Putin got what he wanted.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/16/e...cmd/index.html
Old 06-16-21, 05:39 PM   #1378
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Would it be incorrect to say-Here USA should have a Reagan as their President and not Biden or Trump.

Markus

Old 06-17-21, 04:14 AM   #1379
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Default Joe Biden gets a piece of the cake before he is shoveled into History

I was astonished today. At the failure of the Democrat Party and their puppet Joe to bring a gift from the American people to The President of the Soviet Federation.And he did not fall on his knees,WTF Our president Joe offered a crystal clear 4 dollar tourist replica of a Buffalo and his signature aviation sunglasses as a gift from the American people.
After 4 yrs of The Democrat's accusing Putin and his country of outright meddling in our elections and up to murder .With no solid proof whatsoever Joe and his party reps flies the biggest polluting jet on this planet over there for a photo op with the bobble heads of the G7.
Ok so after that now we are on to the big meet that was requested by the democrats the day after Joes inauguration.So here we are 6/16/21 And the American President is going to put the President of the Soviet Federation in his place by telling him what his mother told him. And as he looks into his eyes this time he does not see a man with no soul. But a Dog Face Pony Soldier.At the end of a very expensive trip for all taxpayers. 1 honest reporter summed it up correctly ,what they achieved here today could have done in a 20 minute phone call.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:10 AM   #1380
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves.
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote