SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-20, 12:12 PM   #5746
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A further 35,383 coronavirus cases have been recorded in the UK.
If that figure seems higher than in recent days, it's because the figure includes some 11,000 cases from Wales over the past week that were missed due to a technical problem.
Another 532 deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid test were also reported on Thursday.

Over 3,600 Americans died from coronavirus complications on Wednesday, according to Johns Hopkins University.
The single-day death toll again broke a global record, even as vaccinations begin around the country.
Nearly 250,000 new infections were reported across the US on Wednesday.

Portugal's Prime Minister António Costa is the latest European leader to go into isolation after French President Emmanuel Macron tested positive for Covid-19.
Costa, who held a meeting with Macron on Wednesday, has shown no symptoms but has taken a coronavirus test, his office said. He is "in preventive prophylactic isolation" until health officials can determine "his level of risk".
Other senior figures isolating and getting tests after coming into contact with President Macron so far include:

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez
French Prime Minister Jean Castex
European Council President Charles Michel
Irish Prime Minister or Taoiseach Micheál Martin
Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo
French parliament speaker Richard Ferrand

Spain's Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez has tested negative for Covid-19, the Spanish government says.

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden has given a blunt TV message telling Swedes the country has failed to save lives during the pandemic. ”We have a large number who have died and that is terrible”. Sweden did not initially go into lockdown and has seen 7,802 deaths in a population of 10 million.

Spain says infections have climbed above 200 per 100,000 people because of recent public holidays and health officials are worried that Christmas will make things worse.

German health officials are planning for a vaccination campaign to start on 27 December, beginning in nursing homes. Europe’s EMA medicines agency will meet on Monday to decide whether to approve the Pfizer-Biontech vaccine. The EU aims to have vaccinations starting on the same day across all 27 member states but has not yet named the day.

A French opinion poll for news channel BFMTV suggests strong opposition to being vaccinated against Covid-19 – 49% of those surveyed saying they would not have it. Prime Minister Jean Castex has promised to explain and reassure French people in the face of “fear, doubt and suspicion”.

Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen has called on Danes to have a very different New Year’s Eve than usual. She’s worried big parties will increase the spread of coronavirus. As of today all department stores will have to close and from Christmas Day to 3 January Denmark will effectively be under lockdown.

New Covid rules have come into force in Austria with overnight curfews from 20:00 to 06:00 apart from over the holiday period. During the day up to two households can meet up and masks are required in enclosed public spaces including most workplaces.

Santa Claus has resigned in the French town of Blois because of repeated insults from passers-by. Locals apparently got angry that for hygiene reasons he couldn’t take the children in his arms or give them treats.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 12:21 PM   #5747
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-17-20, 12:22 PM   #5748
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-17-20, 12:25 PM   #5749
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
A study of vitamin D suggests there is not enough evidence to say it protects people against Covid-19
Who said it does protect you from getting infected? The case for Vitamine D is neither that it heals, nor that it prevents infection, but that it reduces the likelihood for a serious going of the desease dramatically, helps to ease the symptoms, bringing down the number of deaths. And it does that, the studies are on the table. Look at the last MedCram video I posted on the previous page.

Dubious health authorities and their studies also claim that we do not need more than 150-200 ngr iodine, and that it is a poison and desinfectant and must be avoided. But truth is we can and should take high milligram doses of it, no prevalent health conditions assumed where it indeed should not be taken. Truth also is that is what Western doctors did until 50 years ago, and even more so in the Sovjet sphere, and even more so before the world wars. And it healed, it was successful an all around remedy. As the old medical saying goes: "if you don't know the Where, What and Why, prescribe ye' then the K and I". K=potassium iodide, I= iodine, in other words: Logul's solution.

Thats why I repeatedly gave links to the full studies, and did not just gave a single line of claim by them. Said study on Vitamine D not protecting against an infeciton. How much was the dose? Was it even high enough to have a chance for any form of therapeutic efficiency? Thats the preferred method to slam nutrition therapy from beginning on, testing with unefficiently low doses and then claiming: "it does not work". What a wonder!

BTW, high doses of Vitamine D and meanwhile also Vitamine C throughout the world have become part of the standard therapies in many hospitals in case of Covid 19 and many other things like various cancers and other respiratory infection deseases as well. And their success rates are documented.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-17-20 at 12:47 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 03:16 PM   #5750
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I see Skybird is still practicing medicine.

Anyone reading his posts should take his advice with a major grain of salt. He's not a doctor or even a medical "professional" and he should not be recommending treatment for any disease. Following his advice may result in sickness, injury or even death.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 04:43 PM   #5751
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

^The first time we agree on something, me thinks.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 05:27 PM   #5752
Skybird
Soaring

Read.

Reading educates.

For exmaple:

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/09660...s%2C268&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B08M1...8244239&sr=8-1

An English place holder for this author, I know another book by him in German on Vitamine D:

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/04522...8244263&sr=8-1

Hollick and Brownstein are heavyweights on their topics, with decades of experiences and empirial data from analysing tens of thousands of patient cases. Before you take on them make sure you have made your homework, and make it very well. Just saying "But the CDC, the WHO says this and that" is not good enough. They are part of the system, and their paradigms reflect that, they are highly politicised and infected with pharmaceutical lobby interests. And Big Pharma hates Vitamines, supplements and iodine. It seriously threatens their profit interests.

In the end, it comes down to this.Some of you may need to take meds. I need, too. But I have reduced my meds, and have even abandoned some, and several health issues that followed me through my life since decades, are gone. I have improved with less medications, and look forward to become able to abandon them all. How many of you can say the same? My doc laughed like you do, half a year ago. He did not laugh anymore last time I saw him with a latest blood analysis. Instead he asks for names and authors. My dad got rid of diabetes, he does not need his meds for that any longer, he is 76. His hypertension meds also halved. Most docs tell you diabetes is fate, cannot be healed.

The way out of wrong old paradigms, the path towards truth, is always blocked by an army of "experts" that benefits from leaving things as they are.

Archeologists showed that iodine, in form of seeweeds, was used for treating ill people already severla thousand years ago. They did not know about iodine, but they saw that eating seewead in high quanitity was doing good things to the ill. Leprosis, Syphillis and the likes. At doses that are up to several hundred factors higher than what today is claimed to be the limit beyond which toxicity begins. When you visit the sea, breath the air there, you feel better, and say so, we use to send our chikdren to vacations at the cioast of the North sea, to imrve them. Its the salt and the iodine in the air. We are chulsdren of the sea, we come form the ocean, we have the ocean inside us, including its salt and iodine. Halogens are toxic for us, all of them but one: iodine. yesterday I red about a 54 yeas old man who for some stupid reason drank several hundred millilitres of Lugol'S solution 5%. Several hundred millilitres. Well, one drop of Lugols 5% has around 6.25 mg of pure iodine. Now get your calculators out and do the math. So much for toxicity of iodine. He was bad for some hours, vomitted, had a headache and a soar throat, and felt ill, and 24 hours later he was well again. Story told, case closed, patient released.

That leaves one interesting question. What drives a man to drink Lugols in such quantities, has anyone a clue on how absolutely awful that stuff tastes...? I take it every day, I know how terrible it tastes. Maybe he had Corona already back then, loss of smell and taste and all that.

Fifty years ago iodine was still used by doctors in the US, in quantities unimaginable today. In the soviet union it was much used in hospitals with success, and was best researched. That is one of the reasons why America started to discredit iodine - to neglect the success of the arch enemy.

And if you live in america now, you better start to be worried about the high levels of flourid, bromine and perchlorate, these are practially omnipresent in your drinking water , bread and food, and farming fruits. And they make you pay a high price in health for that. especially the artifical supplementation of water with flouride and the supplementation with bromine (good heaven...) make your pay a high price. Iodine is not your enemy, as they keep telling you - its your help. Proven. Long since known by its effect even already at the time before it had been discovered as a separate element. Used since millenia. In quantities x-th hundred times higher than today. Not a cure every each adn every desease, but an inevtiable fundament of your generla health. Being low on idoine damages your body, and makes you ill. Seriously so. It has a stronger effect on the immune system, and that is why I think its relevant for Codiv 19, too.
But Tyroxin drugs and artificial thyroid hormones are more lucrative for the industry to sell. You get royally creamed, and people over here as well! I only wonder why so many of you enjoy that so much.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-18-20 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-18-20, 06:26 AM   #5753
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ministers have defended plans for many pupils in England and Wales to have a staggered return post-Christmas.

Teachers say the announcement - designed to allow schools to set up Covid testing schemes - came too late.

Some 38 million people in England will be subject to the nation's strictest measures - tier three - from Saturday.

Northern Ireland has announced a new six-week coronavirus lockdown from 26 December.

Wales has already announced a three-week lockdown from 28 December and Scotland is considering tighter restrictions.

A second vaccine is nearing emergency approval in the US after it was endorsed by a panel of experts.

The head of the FDA said it would move "rapidly" to authorise the Moderna vaccine, allowing millions of doses to be shipped.

Globally there have been 75 million confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 1.66 million deaths with the disease, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Old 12-18-20, 06:32 AM   #5754
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

French President Emmanuel Macron, who has tested positive for Covid-19, has gone into isolation at his official state residence at La Lanterne in Versailles, suffering from a cough and fatigue as well as a fever. His wife Brigitte isn’t joining him as she’s tested negative.

A study says Covid has been three times as deadly for patients in French hospitals as seasonal flu – 16.9% of Covid patients admitted last spring died, compared with 5.8% of flu patients admitted two winters ago.

Germany has reported a record 33,777 infections over the past 24 hours and 813 more deaths. Germans went into lockdown on Wednesday.

Russia has recorded another 611 deaths in the past 24 hours, almost as high as the record 613 last Friday.

A Belgian minister, Eva De Bleeker, posted online the prices her government is having to pay for six Covid medicines, before quickly removing the tweet. The prices were set by the European Commission and are supposed to be confidential. The AstraZeneca vaccine (which isn’t yet approved for use) is cheapest at €1.78 (£1.61) and the Moderna vaccine the most pricey at $18. One Flemish TV journalist reproduced the tweet, asking why the minister deleted the table.

Europe’s EMA medicines agency has brought forward its decision on approving the Moderna vaccine from 12 January to 6 January.

Czech restaurants, hotels and indoor sports venues reopened only two weeks ago after lockdown, but infections have gone up again so they’re having to shut once more. This time shops and services will stay open but a curfew will be imposed from 23:00 to 05:00

Swiss federal leaders will decide later whether to go into a semi lockdown. Another 102 deaths were recorded yesterday.

Old 12-18-20, 02:17 PM   #5755
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-19-20, 09:31 AM   #5756
Skybird
Soaring

The UK's top health official Chris Whitty is quoted by German media with having confirmed (once again) on Saturday that there is a new strain of the virus circulating that has spread very fast and does so much faster indeed than earlier strains. It is unclear whether it also comes with a greater lethality, but due to its higher infection rate and speed it multiplies the risk by factors.

Meanwhile German politicians in the state of Saxony compare the situation in their state with the situation in the US. That is quite explosive because just weeks ago the government of Saxony was very busy with fighting off any measures to lock down and to limit the citizens' as well as businesses' degrees of action. When this laissez-faire started to explode them into their faces, the minister president ducked away and deflected responsibility for his own questionable political acting by accusing the people and holding them responbsible for his questionable and indifferent decisons. Today, of all German states Saxony is the worst off. Things changed there dramatically fast.

It becomes clear that the national lock-down will last beyond January 10th. The date was given by the national government anyway only for legal reasons, the legal situation is such that such measurements must be announced with inherent time stamps beyond which they become invalid again if not getting extended in a later separate decision - which again needs to be time-limited.

Some expect a lockdown right into March, and some especially optimistic even already talk of Eastern. The current lockdown and the beginning of the vaccination campaign after Christmas will not change the raise in infecitosn and deaths for the comming weeks.

This would eradicate signficant parts of small and medium businesses. I think they will not do it, therefore.

Statistics show that the lethnality of Corona 19 in germany now exceeds that of the seasonal flu by at least a factor of three. Similiar statements were given in other European nations as well.

More cases of complications with the vaccination in the UK get reported, more cases of secondary symptoms. This cnfirms me in my assunption that the vaccines have not been fully and properly tested, since there simply was not the needed time. This is not automatically to say we should not vaccinate, we probaly have no toher choice. But as I said earlier: too much steam in the kettle, too huge a gold treasure to win - it comes at a cost. Longterm consequences and implications will reveal themselves not before that longer time has passed.

German health ministre has instructed pharmacists and doctors to discourage patients and customers with critical questions and to water down their doubts, and not telling them the full truth for example about the signfivcantly raised risk for side effects. This was reprted by secindary media already ten days or two weeks ago. The people should get pushed.

Since not all people are completely stupid as that they would believe what politicians and authorities tell them, the willigness to get vaccinated has constantly dropped over the past 3-4 weeks. The halth expert of the SPD Lauterbach a few days ago critcices nurses and doctors in hospitals for showing an explicitly low willingness to get vaccinated, which of course is surpriosing. One must wonder what they maybe know what politicians do not tell us?

Myself, I stick to my chosen strategy, and with the annoucnement of the vaccination scheme I would not get called before late spring or even summer anyway. I am not principally against vaccinations, by far not, but in this case now I am suspiciuous about the enormous speed and lacking testing. And the official statements by national health authorities I give nothing for anymore. Too much drivel came from them in past months already. At some time I will get vaccinated, but I am absolutely in no hurry for it.

Quote:
According to a report in the "Bild" newspaper, the number of vaccination doses for Germany is higher than expected. According to the Federal Ministry of Health, Germany has secured another 30 million doses of the Biontech vaccine at the national level. In addition, there are 55.8 million Biontech cans that go to Germany via the EU key. According to the newspaper, Germany will receive 50.5 million doses of the Moderna vaccine, which is due to be approved in early January, through EU purchases. The federal government is negotiating further doses at national level. Both the Moderna and the Biontech vaccine (together 136.3 million doses) will be delivered to Germany in full in 2021, according to the Federal Ministry of Health. This would allow 68.15 million citizens to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This would then achieve the goal of herd immunity. In addition, further vaccines, which are still pending approval, have been ordered. 42 million doses of the Curevac vaccine come to Germany via the EU, plus 20 million doses at national level. Germany receives 56.2 million doses from the AstraZeneca vaccine from the EU and 37.25 million from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-19-20 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-19-20, 10:46 AM   #5757
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson is expected to announce tier four restrictions for London and the South East.

The PM will host a press conference at 16.00 GMT amid a rise in Covid-19 cases in south-east England.

The cabinet has met to discuss action to curb the rise in infections amid concerns over a new variant of coronavirus.

Hospitals in Kent are postponing non-urgent procedures as cases in the county rise beyond figures seen in the spring.

More than two-thirds of people in England are now living under tier three rules, the toughest coronavirus restrictions.

Northern Ireland and Wales have both announced post-Christmas lockdowns
The Scottish government has said "all options" remain on the table ahead of a review on Tuesday.

Nicola Sturgeon to hold press conference at 1730 GMT

A second vaccine is being rolled out in the US after regulators approved a jab developed by Moderna.

Italy has ordered a nationwide lockdown over much of the Christmas and New Year period.

Old 12-19-20, 12:07 PM   #5758
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-19-20, 01:11 PM   #5759
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-20-20, 06:55 AM   #5760
Skybird
Soaring

A Belgian member of parliament has released the - meant to be kept secret - prices for the various vaccines on the market or close to entering the market.

https://www.hln.be/binnenland/zoveel...ef4/180355293/

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan