Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-20, 02:03 AM   #2746
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Good for you that you bought two more mask I hear the cloth ones don't last very long and that the only mask worth wearing is the N95 mask, but of course they are not available anywhere ... Uncle Sam says they are working on having 39 million N95 mask very soon.

Sounds like at least part of America will continue to wear protective gear for a long time

I ordered ten (10) cloth masks from newegg two weeks ago for only $10, but they haven't even been shipped yet. Probably some far away country, uh?

I just checked and they have been shipped:

Shipped
4/11/2020 10:17 PM
SHENZHEN, CHINA

You're lucky they've shipped, but if the package is coming from China directly, it could still be a bit of a while before you receive it; items shipped from China have a notorious reputation for delay, not just in China, but also here in the US...

There was a report on the local CBS radio affiliate concerning the massive backlog in order fulfillment by sites such as Amazon and other e-retailers; the sites are prioritizing fulfillment and shipping on the basis of essential need, so an order for, say, your face masks might be handled as usual, if not expedited, while an order for something like a book is going to be put on hold until the essential orders are filled...

The masks I bought from the guy in the parking lot are very well made and professionally sewn; I did inspect the quality before purchase; the idea for two is to have one to wear and then wash and the second to wear while the other one dries, and then cycle them alternately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You know such testing might help get things back to normal pretty quickly. With everyone still riding the fear bus and the economy is tanking because of it. Call me crazy, but I cant stop thinking of what ol' Rahm said so many years ago and about whats in store for us down the road.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
Rahm Emanuel

A big hope for a positive result of the pandemic is that those who are charged with the detection, prevention, treating, and mitigation/curing of future pandemics *and there will be future outbreaks) will use this crisis as a template for responses in the future. A few posts back, a reference was made to 'what did he know and when did he know it' in regards to CA Gov. Newsom; We've already seen and heard Mr. "Who Knew? Nobody knew" and there has been recent evidence he actually did know, and rather early, at that. This article details how an awful lot of persons in the government, at all levels, were deeply concern and expressed their concerns about a possible pandemic, only to be ignored by the White House:

'We have thrown 15 years of institutional learning out the window': Leaked emails show top public health experts raised alarm about the Trump administration's botched coronavirus response --

https://www.businessinsider.com/leak...esponse-2020-4

Rahm Emanuel may not be right about everything, but he nailed it in his comment: this is a time to not only flex the nations ability to address and adapt to an extremely serious crisis, it is also a time to set in motion a framework to prepare to address future outbreaks with out the failures being evidenced now; its the old 'Don't learn from the past, repeat it in the future' idea...

One thing we will need to learn and avoid repeating is strong, competent, knowledgeable, and attentive leadership...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
New type of symptoms

Quote:
Some coronavirus patients may suffer neurological problems such as dizziness, headaches and impaired consciousness, according to a study released Friday.

Hmm... I just call that any day ending in the letter "Y"...

<O>
Old 04-13-20, 04:38 AM   #2747
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...n-surveillance

Quote:
Do you truly believe that when the first wave, this second wave, the 16th wave of the coronavirus is a long-forgotten memory, that these capabilities will not be kept? That these datasets will not be kept? No matter how it is being used, what’ is being built is the architecture of oppression

Indeed I had to swallow twice when i heard that apple and Google cooperate to bring mandatory tracking to smartphones via devic eupdates that you cannot skip, and what use is it to leave your smartphone at home if you then would not get entrance into stores and groceries anymore?

Very, very dangerous grounds. Any totalitarian control-freak's wet dream. Reminds of how they want to push people into vulnerability to state plundering by making cash payment unavailable.Reminds of how basic civil rights have been undermined after 9/11. Reminds of how free press gets systematically eroded and defamed.
Old 04-13-20, 05:08 AM   #2748
skidman
Ace of the Deep

^ah, Zero Hedge again. Those who were banned from Twitter after claiming the virus was a Chinese construct. Weirdos!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 05:41 AM   #2749
vienna
Navy Seal

In my last post, the article linked refers to a New York Times publishing of emails sent between experts in the field of pandemics and pandemic response who as early as late Jan 2020 were sounding the alarm about the coming Covid-19 crisis. This link is to a PDF of the published emails:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

It is very interesting reading since the actual level of detail and known facts in the emails is kind of glossed over in the article; if you choose to read it, its a total of 80 pages; if you want to see just how on the money the experts were, start on Page 8 of the PDF where Dr. Eva K. Lee details an approach to and rationale for addressing a possible pandemic...

It looks like an awful lot of people who have actual expertise were very active in trying to get those in power to listen...

<O>
Old 04-13-20, 05:43 AM   #2750
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Actually it is Edward Snowden raising the questions, not Zero Hedge. They are just the messenger.

Being banned by politically most correctly acting pretenders like Twitter or Facebook who farm their own fish in the most murky of waters and treat their victims quite underhandedly and paternalistically, actually is a commendation.
Old 04-13-20, 06:08 AM   #2751
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

China on Sunday reported 108 new cases, its highest number in weeks - almost all were imported.

Spain has started easing strict lockdown measures; its daily death toll as fallen again.

Oil prices have steadied after a deal to slash output by 10%

New York deaths remain high but the hospital admission rate is down.

More than 22,000 people have now died with coronavirus in the US.

On Sunday, UK deaths in hospitals surpassed 10,000

Prime Minister Boris Johnson was discharged from hospital and is recovering at home.

More than 1.8m people have been confirmed infected globally, according to a US university count

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 06:16 AM   #2752
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-20, 07:03 AM   #2753
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-20, 09:36 AM   #2754
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
[...]
Prime Minister Boris Johnson was discharged from hospital and is recovering at home. [...]
Good to hear

Then i saw this

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 09:43 AM   #2755
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-20, 11:10 AM   #2756
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

It looks like an awful lot of people who have actual expertise were very active in trying to get those in power to listen...

<O>
If your car breaks down, because you didn't change the oil or pay attention to the warning light ... It's your fault, but now is not the time to point that out.

Now is the time to fix the problem and get back to normal in this case with social distancing, face mask, staying in home, keep your pantry full
and in my case prayer which is trusting the Lord to bring us peace before the NFL football season starts
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 11:18 AM   #2757
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

French President Emmanuel Macron is expected to announce the extension of lockdown measures in a TV address.

Staff in the UK National Health Service are facing a limited supply of protective gowns, a manager warns.

New York reports 671 news deaths, bringing the city's total to more than 10,000

Russia has recorded 2,500 new infections, the country's largest daily increase in cases so far.

Old 04-13-20, 11:26 AM   #2758
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

You should have posted the article as well Catfish, https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...20200410195338
Old 04-13-20, 11:28 AM   #2759
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
(Me at hooker position)
Somehow I don't see you at this position.

Old 04-13-20, 11:48 AM   #2760
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Last edited by Mr Quatro; 04-14-20 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Jeff-Groves pointed out the truth
Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan