SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-21, 09:34 PM   #166
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Too early to call the Bills' game? Looks like it's midnight for Cinderella to me.
Old 01-24-21, 09:42 PM   #167
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

....back to Buffalo. Enjoy the snow!
Old 01-25-21, 11:30 AM   #168
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

It's all over now folks ... 2020 NFL season has come to a close with Tampa Bay defeating Green Bay to go to the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay no less.

First time a home team has played in it's own Super Bowl.

Game will be played between Tampa Bay and KC Chiefs February 7th 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ne/ar-BB1d4O9u

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs are back in the Super Bowl for a second straight year, looking to become the first back-to-back NFL title-holders since the New England Patriots did it after winning XXXVIII and then XXXIX in 2005 with Tom Brady under center.

KC is the favorite ... I'll go along with that
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 12:49 PM   #169
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

So this upcoming Super bowl will be historical.

They, the sport experts, say a team-such as a football team has an advantage in playing at home with the spectators as the 12th player on the field.

I guess it's the same in NFL.

Except this time it will be without any spectators. I think there will be no spectators.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 12:50 PM   #170
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
....back to Buffalo. Enjoy the snow!

It's like Buffalo is cursed. I wonder what they did to anger the football gods.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 02:16 PM   #171
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
So this upcoming Super bowl will be historical.

They, the sport experts, say a team-such as a football team has an advantage in playing at home with the spectators as the 12th player on the field.

I guess it's the same in NFL.

Except this time it will be without any spectators. I think there will be no spectators.

Markus
23,000 fans are allowed most of them are health care workers (go figure)
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 05:24 PM   #172
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's like Buffalo is cursed. I wonder what they did to anger the football gods.
they pissed off the Viking God of mischief, Loki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
23,000 fans are allowed most of them are health care workers (go figure)
makes perfect sense; most healthcare workers, like Buddahaid for example, are first line responders and have had at least one vaccine shot...and the Superbowl players will appreciate a little 'socially distanced' crowd noise!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 06:16 PM   #173
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

These playoff games really were epic. Tom Brady's Tampa Bay Bucs played 2 consecutive weeks against teams with marquee Quarterbacks, Dree Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Not that Tom Brady needed these games but I think his performances this season cements his position as the greatest NFL quarterback that has ever played.

I wonder how Kraft and Belichik in New England feel now ? They pretty much said that Tom Brady didn't have anything left in the tank when they let him walk.

I was pulling for Buffalo but deep down, I thought that if Patrick Mahomes played, Kansas City at home would be tough to beat.

One thing is certain, the Superbowl with Tampa Bay and Kansas City should be a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
they pissed off the Viking God of mischief, Loki!

makes perfect sense; most healthcare workers, like Buddahaid for example, are first line responders and have had at least one vaccine shot...and the Superbowl players will appreciate a little 'socially distanced' crowd noise!

I had my rabies shots along with my pets at the vet clinic and I haven't bitten anyone in a while. Does that count ?

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-25-21 at 11:57 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 01:20 AM   #174
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I had my rabies shots along with my pets at the vet clinic and I haven't bitten anyone in a while. Does that count ?
Nope! But here's
"To hair of the dog that bit ya!"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 05:57 PM   #175
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I wonder how Kraft and Belichik in New England feel now ? They pretty much said that Tom Brady didn't have anything left in the tank when they let him walk.

Not exactly.

The thinking was that we have to rebuild the team from the ground up and Tom doesn't have enough years left to be worth rebuilding an offense around him.

The big reason he is successful now is that Tampa had already built a good O squad before he got there. An aging and patched together Patriots team, years of low draft picks plus 8-9 players opting out of the season right off the bat just meant that Tom wouldn't be going to the super bowl this year if he was still playing for NE in spite of all his talent. TB was his only chance and I don't blame him for taking it (although he is now dead to me).

We'll be back with a new QB and mostly new team next year under Bills expert tutelage and Tom will still fall off that Max Kellerman cliff some day. Does he have another year in the tank? Probably, maybe two, but I think when he finally is done it will happen suddenly without much warning.
Old 01-26-21, 07:00 PM   #176
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Not exactly.

The thinking was that we have to rebuild the team from the ground up and Tom doesn't have enough years left to be worth rebuilding an offense around him.

The big reason he is successful now is that Tampa had already built a good O squad before he got there. An aging and patched together Patriots team, years of low draft picks plus 8-9 players opting out of the season right off the bat just meant that Tom wouldn't be going to the super bowl this year if he was still playing for NE in spite of all his talent. TB was his only chance and I don't blame him for taking it (although he is now dead to me).

We'll be back with a new QB and mostly new team next year under Bills expert tutelage and Tom will still fall off that Max Kellerman cliff some day. Does he have another year in the tank? Probably, maybe two, but I think when he finally is done it will happen suddenly without much warning.

I'm sure I don't understand or agree with some of your logic. While I agree that many players opted not to play and this had a detrimental impact on the season, there is more to it. I also agree with your assessment regarding low draft picks. However, Brady was never the most mobile Quarterback in the league although, he could run if he had to. He stayed in the pocket. Therefore, building an offense around Brady and then a new Quarterback should require little in the way of retooling.

I would agree you tailor your offense to the talents of your quarterback and other skilled players. Lamar Jackson and his running abilities in Baltimore are a prime example.

I was never a fan of New England because of how freely they cheated, i.e deflate gate and spy gate are but 2 examples for which New England and Brady was punished. You don't cheat unless you believe you will derive some benefit from it. Kraft like Jerry Jones in Dallas are slime. I'm sure you won't agree.

However, I have seen enough NFL games that Brady would be my choices for Quarterback If I needed one. New England was lucky to have Brady's services as long as they did. New England has 60 million in cap space and perhaps the opportunity to trade for a veteran quarterback. I don't doubt Belichick will rebuild with that much cash.

I'll assume that since you reside in the New England area, you probably have some insight into their workings there. That being said, we'll see how well Belechick works things out next season. I'm sure that New England will be in the thick of things next season in the AFC.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-26-21 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-26-21, 08:25 PM   #177
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I'm sure I don't understand or agree with some of your logic.

Oh you're sure huh? Well that's fine, it wasn't my logic, just the local sports radios take on it. As for the rest I hardly care why you don't like New England or Brady.
Old 01-26-21, 08:49 PM   #178
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Oh you're sure huh? Well that's fine, it wasn't my logic, just the local sports radios take on it. As for the rest I hardly care why you don't like New England or Brady.
Dave, I did a break down and didn't insult you. That's fine if your local news outlets did a break down. My breakdown didn't come from a radio station, by the way. It's a matter of fact that New England Cheated. You don't have to like it. It's a fact. I tend to do this very Un-American thing. I think for myself, unlike you.

Perhaps you didn't like that I called Kraft a sleazeball. Why would I call him that other than he likes to visit, shall we say, houses of Ill repute. Was Robert Kraft not arrested for solicitation of prostitution ? I know for a fact this wasn't the first time for him. He just got caught the last time and then cried to Goddell like he always does for leniency. Name another team other in recent history that has had as many serious issues with the NFL League Offices other than the Patriots ? This is from the ownership down. Sorry Dave but if it looks and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Further, I said in post # 176 of this thread that I expected New England to have a good year next season, and why. I guess you didn't see that either.

I also complimented Brady calling him the greatest Quarterback that ever played. post #173 in this thread. Apparently you are too stupid to look that up as well. If you don't like it Dave, that's your problem. My suggestion to you is to read things thoroughly before you comment. It might save you some grief in the long run.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-26-21 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-26-21, 09:41 PM   #179
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
It's a matter of fact that New England Cheated.
No it's not. The only "fact" is that the commissioner can penalize a player for an unproven allegation regardless of it's validity. Deflategate in particular was a completely made up witch hunt. I'm not going to go over all the arguments again, natural gas law and all that, but it's obvious to anyone with a brain that Brady was railroaded pure and simple. I think his outrage over being so unfairly treated was the major source of his drive to win the Lombardi trophy that year.

As for the other 'gate yeah the Patriots did violate a newly created rule, or more accurately did not stop doing what had up to then been legal before the league banned the practice, and they paid a steep price for it given it's relatively minor nature.

But just note that neither incident, which happened btw years apart, had any effect on their ability to continue winning. That's one fact that you can't deny.

Quote:
Apparently you are too stupid to look that up as well.

Screw you pal.

Last edited by August; 01-26-21 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-26-21, 09:51 PM   #180
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
No it's not. The only "fact" is that the commissioner can penalize a player for an unproven allegation regardless of it's validity. Deflategate in particular was a completely made up witch hunt. I'm not going to go over all the arguments again, natural gas law and all that, but it's obvious to anyone with a brain that Brady was railroaded pure and simple. I think his outrage over being so unfairly treated was the major source of his drive to win the Lombardi trophy that year.

As for the other 'gate yeah the Patriots did violate a newly created rule, or more accurately did not stop doing what had up to then been legal before the league banned the practice, and they paid a steep price for it given it's relatively minor nature.

But just note that neither incident, which happened btw years apart, had any effect on their ability to continue winning. That's one fact that you can't deny.

By the way, Dave. I like how when Tom Brady was in New England, he was the greatest thing in the world since sliced bread, according to you. Now that he has been pushed out of New England and went to another team, he is and I quote you, ( although he is now dead to me ).

Well, I'm sure Tom Brady couldn't care less what you think of him, Dave. He will be playing in his 10th Superbowl while you will be sitting in front of your TV watching him play in the Superbowl while eating your Mars bar.

Edit.
Quote:

Screw you pal.

Really Dave ? I expected more than that from you. Please know that I'm laying here absolutely humbled, staggered and mortally wounded from the onslaught of your rapier wit. Ugly American, Indeed.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-27-21 at 12:22 AM.