SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Sub Commander
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-14, 01:26 PM   #286
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome Aboard

dxMarovitch!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 08:22 AM   #287
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
Another exciting project from TheGeoff Corp. sounds promising, if it's anywhere near as good as SubCom! I look forward to being able to launch TLAM's at unsuspecting targets, will there also be TASM's available?

Keep calm and command on!
The new mystery project is hugely ambitious and I don't know if I can pull it off. So far so good though

I haven't added the ability for your sub to launch anti-ship missiles yet, but it's a good idea and they shouldn't be very hard to add - I'll put it on the list! So far I've

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxMarovitch View Post
Just made an account on here just so I could say, this game is amazingly fun for how small it is. I can fit it on a crappy little USB drive and use it at work (lol!) and the new features and improvements are consistent.

I'm really looking forward to seeing TASMs and TLAMs added into the game!

Has there ever been a thought of there being a way to designate a specific crewmember to certain repairs? For example one person will automatically stop what they're doing and perform hull repairs, and another person will automatically repair damaged equipment?

Keep up the good work!!

Dan Marovitch
Welcome! Thanks for posting, glad you're enjoying the it. It's no accident the game is so small and portable, I do a lot of programming on my laptop on the train to work

It's not really possible to designate one crewman as 'hull repair guy' at the moment. You're right, could be a very useful feature though - having a chief firefighter, engineer, etc... I'll try adding it and see how well it works.

To clarify, these are the three ways you can currently ensure one crewman does a specific job:
- Click him then right-click the job (the damaged tile or fire or whatever)
- Select him by pressing V, press O to give an order, then moving the cursor to the job and press the appropriate key to assign the task
- Select every other crewman on the ship (one at a time) then press T to change what jobs they are allowed to do. Forbid them from doing the job you wanted the first crewman to do.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 11:54 PM   #288
Brother Grim
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default An hour of Sub Commander

WAR! Or is it?

Norfolk, Virginia: The predawn silence of the harbor was shattered this morning when an outbound oil tanker suddenly erupted into an enormous plume of oily black smoke. Questions as to whether or not this could possibly be an accident were quickly put to rest as, before the tanker's burning hull sections could properly settle to the bottom, two container ships also outbound suffered similar fates within 10 minutes. Into this sea of burning, broken hulls, containers adrift and charred remains, the US Second Fleet sent what assets it could hurriedly muster to counter whatever grave threat lurked unseen outside the harbor. Within the hour, two frigates, a destroyer and submarine had added their burning hulls, wreckage and a nuclear reactor to the carnage, making the channel unnavigable. The port authority has secured operations until further notice and the entire eastern seaboard is now on high alert, with all US and allied forces on increased alert. Runways were under maintenance at the time so maritime patrol aircraft could not be deployed to help counter the threat, but these aircraft are now airborne and attempting to cordon off paths of entry and exit from the area with sonar buoys. Soviet officials who could be reached for comment expressed doubt that an attack had occurred, instead stating that this was likely the result of capitalist workers bypassing safety in the pursuit of profits, rather than working for the common good.

In other news, a Soviet ship purported to be carrying humanitarian supplies to Havana, Cuba, was seen offloading mainly large crates of Vodka and a lot of cylindrical objects of unknown nature.

-AP
Brother Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 02:05 AM   #289
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome Aboard

Brother Grim!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 08-03-14, 06:52 AM   #290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 12:03 PM   #291
RedStorm
Bilge Rat

Hello all, my name is Redstorm, and I just joined the forums today. I would like to say that I love Subcommander, and the tactics you can involve in it. I just have one problem;How do you detect enemy subs?
RedStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 12:09 PM   #292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome to SubSim

Old 08-04-14, 05:40 PM   #293
Brother Grim
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
Hello all, my name is Redstorm, and I just joined the forums today. I would like to say that I love Subcommander, and the tactics you can involve in it. I just have one problem;How do you detect enemy subs?
You can detect them on sonar, like other water craft. They won't show up on the tactical display (future fix??) but if you launch a torpedo from the weapons control panel while the enemy sub is selected on LOFAR, you will be shooting at it.
Brother Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 06:05 PM   #294
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome Aboard

RedStorm!

Old 08-05-14, 07:03 AM   #295
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome

Old 08-06-14, 09:02 PM   #296
TheGeoff
Planesman

I've just noticed that Google Chrome flags some versions as malware when you download them. Has anyone else noticed this?

(The zip file is completely safe, as the VirusTotal link in the first post proves. This is simply a false positive)
Old 08-07-14, 08:21 AM   #297
kust
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Yep chrome thinks the zip file is a virus

Edit 1 The sub developement tool is flagged as a virus/malaware too

Last edited by kust; 08-07-14 at 01:06 PM.
kust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 08:52 AM   #298
TheGeoff
Planesman

Damn I'll see if I can contact google somehow and get them to fix it...
Old 08-08-14, 04:26 AM   #299
TheGeoff
Planesman

The nuclear missile simulation code is almost finished and seems to work really well. The diplomacy system is also nearing completion. Turns out this is a very dangerous combination...

I wanted to check something in the missile code, so loaded up the game and sailed from Leningrad out into the Baltic to fire a test missile. West Germany assumed the missile was aimed at them and began launching their own missiles at the USSR... the USSR retaliated, the US began raining ICBMs on Eastern Europe and everything went downhill from there. Two hours later:

Old 08-08-14, 04:48 AM   #300
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Holy freakin' crap, that is awesome!

What are the ramifications of something like this happening?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote