SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-12, 03:38 AM   #8896
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default DbgView

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Can you send me the full Dbgview output from game start till you close it down? Maybe it will shed some light into why you are getting this problem.
No need for the pm I sent you Here's a link to my Google Doc of the dbgview Let me know if it works please.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzw...l84NTFNQ3c5cUk

TY

Last edited by Cpt.Mads; 06-07-12 at 03:59 AM.
Cpt.Mads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 08:39 AM   #8897
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Mads View Post
No need for the pm I sent you Here's a link to my Google Doc of the dbgview Let me know if it works please.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzw...l84NTFNQ3c5cUk

TY
That was a very strange Dbgview Either your installed game is corrupt or something else is irai. Let's try this first: run my SH Validator app found in \data\Applications. I want to ensure the path to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder is correct (I think you reinstalled the game at one time and placed it in a different folder). If that checks out ok run the game with admin privileges (right click the icon and select run as administrator).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 04:33 AM   #8898
Rob The Bastard
Nub

Downloads: 17

Hi all...

I'm trying to download the mod from GameFront using the url on the first page ( http://www.gamefront.com/files/21026...eDarkWraith_7z ) but it is not working for me. The FX update does the same thing.

Do those links work still? or is my PC having an off day.

Regards

Rob

PS sorted! upgraded IE8 to Mozilla... I can see!

Last edited by Rob The Bastard; 06-08-12 at 04:56 AM.
Rob The Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 09:43 PM   #8899
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Quote:
That was a very strange Dbgview Either your installed game is corrupt or something else is irai. Let's try this first: run my SH Validator app found in \data\Applications. I want to ensure the path to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder is correct (I think you reinstalled the game at one time and placed it in a different folder). If that checks out ok run the game with admin privileges (right click the icon and select run as administrator).
After I chose the path to find it @ C/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5, this is what I got.
Note: I did run the Validator with the 6.9 UI. Did I need to do it w/o any mods? It did say there were errors after it was completed.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzw...Xc4cTU1VnNxbkk <---- Validator Diag.

What does irai stand for?

Ty,
Cpt.Mads

Last edited by Cpt.Mads; 06-09-12 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-08-12, 10:19 PM   #8900
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

The great thing about DW UI is you can have everything hidden if you want. I have SH5 enhanced option and have everything hidden except for mini map and messages. The rest are there when I move the mouse over they will show up. Just edit TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file to do this

Why am I mentioning something that probably everyone already knows about? Well just incase someone doesn't and yeah I just discovered how to hide stuff last night even tho Ive been using this UI since it came out. Sometimes it pays to read the modders instructions usually found in their first post.

Edit:
Oh one question: Is there an option in the py file to make the mini map drag-able? Meaning I want to move the mini map to somewhere else instead of always in the left hand corner. Ive looked everywhere and can't seem to find an option to enable this.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 06-08-12 at 10:56 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 01:37 AM   #8901
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
Edit:
Oh one question: Is there an option in the py file to make the mini map drag-able? Meaning I want to move the mini map to somewhere else instead of always in the left hand corner. Ive looked everywhere and can't seem to find an option to enable this.
No it is not draggable
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 12:43 PM   #8902
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Downloads: 80

hello all long time lurker of this forum. I try and try to set this new TheDarkWraith version 6.9.0. I have modded before so im not to much of a noob. Anyway i have tried to follow direction on how to use this mod but i just cant figure it out. I have the file viewer v1.0.23.0 but i can't seem to find a path. Again i have spent several hours trying to set the path instructed in this forum but no go. Can some one please help. Whats do i need to do with this path

Options File Editor/Viewer v1.0.23.0 by TheDarkWraith
Reading in cfg file...
Entry found: SH5InstallPath=
Entry found: LastMenuTXT=C:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu\ menu.txt
Entry found: LastOptionsFilePath=C:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\
Entry found: LastChosenOptionsFilePath=
menu.txt path set to C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\MODS\NewUI s_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu\menu.txt

Any help would be great
BLACK_FLAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 01:46 PM   #8903
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

First you should check that you have installed the mod correctly

Goto - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith and inside you should see a data folder.

If you see a MODS and DIALS etc folder - you have not installed correctly.

If this is so goto - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\MODS and copy the NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith folder to your desktop

Then goto - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS and delete the NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith folder

Then take the folder from your desktop and put it here - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS

Now you can install with jsgme and all should work
Old 06-10-12, 01:50 PM   #8904
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

To use the options editor - using jsgme, uninstall the UI

Now run the app

Set SH5 install path to - C:\****\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5

Set menu path to - C:\*****\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\menu\ menu.txt

Then select open - C:\******\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\scrip ts\menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

Now use the app to make your changes

Then install the UI again using jsgme

Easy as pie

Last edited by Trevally.; 09-13-12 at 03:44 PM.
Trevally. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 03:33 PM   #8905
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Thanks for the quick response ill give this a try
Old 06-10-12, 03:44 PM   #8906
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Thank you!!!!!!!!! it worked! Ill give this a try on a new campaign!!
Old 06-10-12, 10:03 PM   #8907
Choruspolaris
Swabbie

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
To use the options editor - using jsgme, uninstall the UI

Now run the app

Set SH5 install path to - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5

Set menu path to - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\menu\ menu.txt

Then select open - C:\New Folder\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\scrip ts\menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

Now use the app to make your changes

Then install the UI again using jsgme

Easy as pie
To enable snorkel with this method you have to lure the options editor with a fake sh5.exe in the mod's main directory, so that the options for enabling snorkel can be visible and you don't have to install the mod first and change the installed files, and remove the fake file before you enable/install the mod with jsgme.

If curious: create a new text file, rename it to sh5.exe and place it in the directory NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith. Open OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe and set SH5 install dir to that directory. Set menu.txt and the options file appropriately (see the quoted post). Now, on the first tab called submarine and under 'snorkel', change False to True for any or all of the four submarine types listed. This changes the relevant files under the directory. Close the editor and remove the created fake file. Now, you can use jsgme to enable/install the changes and make snorkel available for the chosen subs.

Choruspolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 03:11 AM   #8908
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Quote:
For various reasons, I wanted a certain setup and couldn't get it to work. Thankfully I somehow found my SH5 download exe in an old flashdrive. I decided to reinstall the beast and renew/replace the mods, as as they just looked to be a bit too messed up. Likewise, it was very possible that I screwed up the format of the game somehow, over a year ago. It worked, but only with certain mods

After many days/hours of experimenting and seeing what works and takes the 'least' amount of tweaking, to get them to work, this is my mod soup now

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Real Environment - Revision_3
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Dark_Interior_V1 (Put up gamma by +3 from the middle in your graphic options, looks great)
Dark_Interior_additional_Sounds
Accurate German Flags
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9
Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120
Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWraith
SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith

*The mods above are easy to install by just putting them in that order - with just the enabling of the second flag for SubFlags!*

I had been trying the MCCD/MFCM Compatible mod and SDBSM, but they were giving me too many control and sound issues. I'm fine with that. My goal is to keep my mod setup simple whilst having some of the most immersion for me. I'll keep my eyes open for another (perhaps background crew sound mod)that doesn't interfere with the others.
Great Job, modders !!! Your stuff is great! TDW, your comments before will hopefully help others out later, as well Such a great community!

Thank You
Old 06-11-12, 05:51 PM   #8909
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Okay so i installed this mod and so far so good. My issue now is when im on deck watch and i want to enter the sub the hatch will not open and i can not get control of both deck guns ! I didn't have this issue when playing with other UI's. Is this a glitch or is there a patch i need? If i restart the game via Steam and load my latest save the hatch will be open for a split second then it closes by itself. I also can go periscope depth but my character will stay on deck! Please any one with an answer?
Old 06-12-12, 04:22 AM   #8910
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_FLAME View Post
Okay so i installed this mod and so far so good. My issue now is when im on deck watch and i want to enter the sub the hatch will not open and i can not get control of both deck guns ! ...
I'd tell your men to stop locking you out of the boat! >< You're suppose to be running it!

I'm not too familiar with the Steam version, but you may want to disable all your mods, go into your game folder and make sure your game is up to date for 1.2. Furthermore, you can use the Mod Validator and post a report of it for people to hopefully help you out I'd go about disabling and updating first, then check the mods again. Then, validate.. Sorry I can't help you out more

EDIT: There's one deck gun and one or two flak guns... depends on setup; however, where are you when this is occuring? Firstly, Mods should be installed when in Dock. Secondly... maybe saving and reloading will do the trick.. <---Oddly works well enough in some odd circumstances. i.e. do you leave the dock as well to check this out? Are you sure you're not in one of the external camera modes? It can be confusing sometimes... Is the boat too low in the water to be able to utilize anything(how wavey)? ... Did you get an error message?...

Last edited by Cpt.Mads; 06-12-12 at 04:32 AM.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui