Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-24, 08:30 AM   #7681
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
The problem at least in my opinion is that "The Government"TM has gone from actually governing to being a popularity contest and continually applying all the wrong solutions to fix the problems. Although while this is nothing new it has gotten A LOT WORSE in the past decade or so and both Biden and Trump are proof of it. A lot of decisions that where made while Trump was president and currently while Biden is president are being influenced by popular opinion.
Sometimes presidents need to make an unpopular decision for the good of the country and not just to say, "See I'm on YOUR side!". We used to have a government that despite of the disagreements from each party could find common ground and work together for the benefit of the nation (mostly) which has now devolved to a point of a finger pointing, demonizing, mudslinging, name called, book reading, stupid power point presentation amalgamation of nuclear fueled dumpster fire of a two ring circus. A case in point was the fact that the GOP has been continuously complaining about the Southern boarder and it needing to be fixed. Biden gave them a package that would have been the strictest boarder security laws on the books had it passed, at least according to the pundits. The GOP refused it not because they thought it was bad, indeed it gave the GOP everything it wanted and then some. But they refused it because it would "Be a win for the other side." End of political rant. FOR NOW.
Strictest border package? It does not address the root cause nor does it say anything of controlling the flow of migrants at the border. Oh sure it says a lot about increasing government bureaucracy, electronic notification of hearings, voluntary deportation, making sure paperwork is in the immigrant's language, customs and border patrol hiring practices and strengthening ports of entry. But all of that seems pointless if migrants can just ignore it and go around. THAT is what I believe the GOP wants to fix and the bill does absolutely nothing to address that. I think many Americans (including democrats in sanctuary cities) believe a wall will help, but someone made a promise not too so they just ignore the elephant in the room.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-14-24 at 10:19 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-24, 02:23 PM   #7682
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Strictest border package? It does not address the root cause nor does it say anything of controlling the flow of migrants at the border. Oh sure it says a lot about increasing government bureaucracy, electronic notification of hearings, voluntary deportation, making sure paperwork is in the immigrant's language, customs and border patrol hiring practices and strengthening ports of entry. But all of that seems pointless if migrants can just ignore it and go around. THAT is what I believe the GOP wants to fix and the bill does absolutely nothing to address that. I think many Americans (including democrats in sanctuary cities) believe a wall will help, but someone made a promise not too so they just ignore the elephant in the room.
I did say in my rant "according to the pundits", as in it's their opinion not mine. As for building a wall along the southern border how will that stop migrants from simply bypassing it using boats?
Old 04-14-24, 03:13 PM   #7683
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Not necessary, 90 percent are entering the US via official border crossings, legally.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-24, 04:03 PM   #7684
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I did say in my rant "according to the pundits", as in it's their opinion not mine. As for building a wall along the southern border how will that stop migrants from simply bypassing it using boats?

Just spitballing here but i'd think that boats would be a lot easier to spot and interdict and there ain't enough of them in Mexico to accommodate the 100's of thousands coming across the land border so at very least forcing them to use the oceans will cut the numbers of attempts significantly.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-24, 04:49 PM   #7685
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Daily chumming would help with the Ocean path.
Old 04-14-24, 07:14 PM   #7686
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I spent a lot of time interdicting people at sea. It can be done with local, state and federal seaborne and aviation military and law enforcement agencies, good electronic surveillance systems ( got a lot of help from the army reserves and their radar systems). Also helped by the 100Â’s of thousands recreational, commercial boats, and condo commandos reporting them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
That happened a lot too. Usually those coming across on inner tubes and small fast boats capsizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Not necessary, 90 percent are entering the US via official border crossings, legally.
The border is 100% overwhelmed itÂ’s a free for all. Many people are only identified then temporarily released while they await a hearing. ThereÂ’s no difference between those considered gottaways because there was nothing stopping them and those who entered were caught then never show up for their hearing. Why wonÂ’t they show up for a hearing? Because they know full well that even if they go to their hearing thereÂ’s no guarantee they will not be deported. Then we got to spend more time and money to find them amd roundÂ’em up. Only way I know to help control that is to control the border, a wall would definitely send a message and I hope think slow down the flow to manageable levels.

Before we used to throw them in places like Krome while they awaited a hearing. Now thereÂ’s so many flooding our border they are let in stuck in limbo without a court date, and those that do get one we can only hope they show up to court.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 04-15-24 at 06:22 AM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Old 04-15-24, 06:23 AM   #7687
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-24, 08:01 AM   #7688
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I just red a piece about the Democrats preparing a coup at the party convention, and Biden handing over the candidacy to Pete Buttigieg.

Any truth in that, any chance?
Old 04-15-24, 08:20 AM   #7689
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I just red a piece about the Democrats preparing a coup at the party convention, and Biden handing over the candidacy to Pete Buttigieg.

I would not doubt it. Pete is their kind of guy. I'm expecting just about anything at this point. Maybe they'll use bird flu to lock us all down around Halloween. Bird flu has been in the "news" lately.
Old 04-15-24, 08:33 AM   #7690
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

How is replying to individuals considered spam yet drowning the board in emojis & padding post counts not?

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-15-24 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-15-24, 08:38 AM   #7691
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

Looking how Pete has responded to train wrecks and bridge collapses. I doubt anyone in their right mind would consider him as a candidate.

Old 04-15-24, 10:44 AM   #7692
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:

Buttigieg is an absolute idiot. He has no business in the position he currently holds. Certainly not capable of running a country.
Old 04-15-24, 11:01 AM   #7693
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I think if there is any last second candidate swapping it'll be for California Governor Newsome. But what about Kamala? Does she stay on as VPOTUS candidate or do they get someone who is not such a blithering idiot?

Old 04-15-24, 11:08 AM   #7694
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
But what about Kamala? Does she stay on as VPOTUS candidate or do they get someone who is not such a blithering idiot?
They'll pick Fetterman.
Old 04-15-24, 12:28 PM   #7695
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
They'll pick Fetterman.

Well that actually would be pretty smart move. Fetterman is turning out not to be the idiot we initially was thought to be.