Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-22, 03:21 PM   #4216
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

According the NYT…

Quote:
A motive for the attack was not immediately clear.

The motive for the attack on Mr. Pelosi was not clear on Friday morning, but the assailant was in search of Ms. Pelosi, according to a person briefed on the attack. Before the assault occurred, the intruder confronted Mr. Pelosi in their home shouting, “Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?”

Since the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, members of Congress from both parties have experienced a surge in threats and confrontations, including stalking, armed visits to their homes and assaults.

In the below article it appears there was actual investigative journalism involved and the motive seems to be IMO that David Depape is just simply batsheet crazy.

Quote:
An older picture of Depape, a Canadian-born resident of Berkeley, California, emerged alongside a prominent Berkeley nudist activist with whom he has children.

On a WordPress blog, Depape ranted about censorship by the “elites” and “ruling class.” He also appears to have a website that reads “da Jews.” Sixteen hours ago, he posted the headline, “Why Colleges are becoming Cults.” He ranted about movies, writing, “The critics are ********** commie gate keepers. They love the sh******* movies ever as long as those movies are sh**** because they where…” You can read more about the suspect’s writings later in this article.

Some of his posts referred to former President Donald Trump. “Either Q is Trump himself or Q is the deepstate moles within Trumps inner circle. So Q/Trump sabotaged their child trafficking operations. #2 self inflicted wound. Trumps covert id or a Deep state mole? Was Q refering to this? Did Q do this? another video,” he wrote, referring to QAnon.

In another post, he wrote, “The more Ukrainians die NEEDLESSLY the cheaper the land will be for Jews to buy up.” His website has posts on pedophiles, aliens, COVID, Communism, Kanye West, Derek Chauvin, what he called “climate hysteria” and more. It is filled with conspiracy theories and other ramblings. He also had a Facebook page, but it was taken down.
https://heavy.com/news/david-depape/

I would like to know how the hell he got through security, was there any security to begin with?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-28-22 at 05:55 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 03:29 PM   #4217
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Attacks and events like these are the result of the public zeitgeist that favors polarization, division and hatred over unity, cooperation and respect, and works with lies and deceit instead of truth and facts. This hostile atmosphere, which is opening deep rifts even within families, has been deliberately incited by a certain person who wants to benefit from it for his own selfish interests, and it is clear that this person has no desire to stop the destruction.

Things will get worse, not better. Get used to it - and a nation with so much experience and routine in grieving after school shootings should find it easy.

Old 10-28-22, 04:42 PM   #4218
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Pelusi hubby can't say i feel sorry for him wasn't too long ago he was driving all lit up couldn't pass sobriety field test and cause an accident with injuries honest he got what he deserves
Old 10-28-22, 05:02 PM   #4219
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
This hostile atmosphere, which is opening deep rifts even within families, has been deliberately incited by a certain person who wants to benefit from it for his own selfish interests, and it is clear that this person has no desire to stop the destruction.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 05:19 PM   #4220
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I truly hope he's a loner. I can foresee what main talks would be in US and the world.

Trump supporters are dangerous and should be put away.

Media a.s.o. will generalize

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 05:22 PM   #4221
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
Pelusi hubby can't say i feel sorry for him wasn't too long ago he was driving all lit up couldn't pass sobriety field test and cause an accident with injuries honest he got what he deserves
Ya you don’t have to feel sorry for him. But nobody in this country deserves to have their home broken into and then be beaten with a hammer.

Wtf?

Old 10-28-22, 05:27 PM   #4222
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Where in the law code of California is a hammer to the head a punishment for anything?
Old 10-28-22, 05:47 PM   #4223
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I truly hope he's a loner. I can foresee what main talks would be in US and the world.

Trump supporters are dangerous and should be put away.

Media a.s.o. will generalize

Markus

I think he's an example of the mental health challenge that we face in this country.

Old 10-28-22, 08:05 PM   #4224
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Don't blame pot for that that kind of violence dude. If anything it acted as a deterrent. Might as well try to blame it on the hammer.
Exactly. While I agree the suspect is a broken person, I can't help thinking the endless MAGA rhetoric has played it's part. I know we don't agree on politics much of the time but I appreciate how you have commented about this news.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 08:47 PM   #4225
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Exactly. While I agree the suspect is a broken person, I can't help thinking the endless MAGA rhetoric has played it's part. I know we don't agree on politics much of the time but I appreciate how you have commented about this news.

Well thanks. In a similar vein I can't help but think that the endless Democrat rhetoric played a part in getting that Congressional softball game shot up.

Maybe the truth is just that crazy people just naturally gravitate to strong opinions whatever they are and in their insanity decide that they require radical actions that were never wanted or intended by the opinions originator. It doesn't invalidate the opinion itself though.

Old 10-28-22, 08:50 PM   #4226
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

endless rhetoric from who though?

Quote:
Since its popularization in the 2010s, the slogan has been considered a loaded phrase. Multiple journalists, scholars, and commentators have called the slogan racist, regarding it as dog-whistle politics and coded language. Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton used it.

Some have rejected the racist characterization, saying that the slogan is instead patriotic or American nationalist.

The slogan was also at the center of two events, the Jussie Smollett hate crime hoax and the January 2019 Lincoln Memorial confrontation.
The rhetoric of MAGA has been determined by a lot of groups, politicians, political rivals, a sitting president, hate groups, other countries, basically it boils down to who you listen too and what paper you read.

Rally organizers told the National Park Service they anticipated 30,000 people would attend. Law enforcement said the crowd size ahead of the protest was possibly as much as 80,000, according to then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy.

So let’s say just 30,000 people attended. The events as I understand them Trump spoke the protest ended. People were either going home or already went home. It was only after the event ended at current count 880 people (2.9 percent) went batsheet crazy eventually we’re found and charged various crimes related to Jan 6th. Unlike the headlines that might rally people to believe, still no insurrection.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/21-m...attack-capitol

Yet a whopping 29,000 to 79,000 law abiding citizens have been labeled as extremists and some beaten because they wore a red hat. That IMO is the problem, the majority of people in this country have absolutely nothing to with the headlines.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-28-22 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-28-22, 08:54 PM   #4227
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald Von Mansee View Post
Where in the law code of California is a hammer to the head a punishment for anything?
and what would have happened he would have killed a person while lit up bet the same thing that happen with ted kennedy in 69 when he let that girl drown nothing there two laws in this country the one for the rich one for the poor now the guy with the hammer got a whole mess of screws missing or didn't take his meds for awhile like one member ask where was security i can't see pelusi having her house unprotected that guy shouldn't even got that close something seems kinda of fishy but now i bet her hubby sure wish they had a firearm in the house or one he could have reach
Old 10-28-22, 09:03 PM   #4228
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
and what would have happened he would have killed a person while lit up bet the same thing that happen with ted kennedy in 69 when he let that girl drown nothing there two laws in this country the one for the rich one for the poor now the guy with the hammer got a whole mess of screws missing or didn't take his meds for awhile like one member ask where was security i can't see pelusi having her house unprotected that guy shouldn't even got that close something seems kinda of fishy but now i bet her hubby sure wish they had a firearm in the house or one he could have reach
Dude, you’re not helping yourself.

Old 10-28-22, 09:10 PM   #4229
Buddahaid

Quote:
At 81 that firearm could just as well ended up in the hands of the nut job so I doubt it. The gun makes the man attitude is a pipe dream.

David Bowie
Old 10-28-22, 09:13 PM   #4230
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
endless rhetoric from who though?

The rhetoric of MAGA has been determined by a lot of groups, politicians, political rivals, a sitting president, hate groups, other countries, basically it boils down to who you listen too and what paper you read.

Rally organizers told the National Park Service they anticipated 30,000 people would attend. Law enforcement said the crowd size ahead of the protest was possibly as much as 80,000, according to then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy.

So let’s say just 30,000 people attended. The events as I understand them Trump spoke the protest ended. People were either going home or already went home. It was only after the event ended at current count 880 people (2.9 percent) went batsheet crazy eventually we’re found and charged various crimes related to Jan 6th. Unlike the headlines that might rally people to believe, still no insurrection.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/21-m...attack-capitol

Yet a whopping 29,000 to 79,000 law abiding citizens have been labeled as extremists and some beaten because they wore a red hat. That IMO is the problem, the majority of people in this country have absolutely nothing to with the headlines.
I'm not about to say otherwise but that shoe also fits the other foot. I'm pretty tired of being labelled a communist just because I don't agree with the MAGA party, at least the MAGA party I see at Trump rallies who think he's another messiah.

David Bowie