SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-09, 01:09 AM   #1
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default All these posts...

ok i JUST learned how to use mods and im physced. the only problem is......THERES LIKE 2 MILLION QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MODS! i cant Find the actual mods themselves without spending 18 hours searching this forum. may i ask some1 to tell forum admin to create a new forum entitled Mod Tech isssues or something. Put all the actual mod links IN THE FORUm and all the Q in the OTHER FORUM.. please. this is rediculous. i cant find anything. whenever i use search it gives me 100 q and 1 mod
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 03:24 AM   #2
Pumpkin
Mate

Downloads: 21

Have a look here as a start:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155786

Old 09-10-09, 03:41 AM   #3
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default wait a minute

Go to the Popular SH4 Sticky Index pasted above your post in the Mods forum. Everything you want IS in the forums and it is organized. Spend a little time looking around before you request the moderators reinvent the wheel. If you want a quick mod start, activate the FOTRS mod, Easy AoB mod, and let her rip. Or you can play the stock game and pick and choose from a variety of mods. Webster has a bunch that are very functional. You can design your own boat and have it built too (Kill Flags Mod, formely run by Digital Trucker and now sqk7744), and personalize your boat's emblem.

Keeping every mod organized, updated and in a single location won't work. It would be an enormous understaking. Each mod is usually accompanied by a thread where it is discussed. However, the sticky picks up a lot of mods. If you cannot find the one you are looking for after searching for it, start a thread asking if anyone has seen it.

Subsimmers, I have come to understand, are here to help, not hinder others to perfect their game play and tailor the design of their game to the player's preferences. Their may be disagreements, but they rarely get personal. It is one of the characteristics of this forum that is special. And while you learn to be an accomplished captain, you run accross some amazing individuals and mod creators, some of whom might be geniuses, including for example, Nisgeis (torpedoe spread angle calculator (whoa, where did he come up with that one?), who with Rockin Robbins also brought us the John Cromwell attack technique; Nicolas and ddgrn (the brilliant Easy AoB mod); Werner Sobe (early tutorials on various complex attack techniques); Webster (all kinds of mods); aaronblood (MoBo [simply amazing]); peabody (technically damn smart/brilliant); Hitman (aspect ratio and manual targeting fundamentals); Rockin Robbins (a a mentor to many, is everywhere in the forum teaching, cajoling, correcting and advising and occasionally berating us, and who is an expert re the various attack techniques]); skywasjer (SD3ditor, which is beyond my intelligence level at this point); not to mention the developers of the major mods; jamminadrid (JTex, HUD displays, and mini tools & chrono); Fred, Digital Trucker and Captain Scurvy (radio stations and music mods), and so on. Watch and study tutorials, many listed under Rockin Robbins' sticky in the SH4 forum. This reply should give you a running start and keep you busy for awhile (like the rest of the year!).

If I forgot to mention a modder, my apologies. I only wanted to list a representative sampling of what is out there. All of your work is great, including the modder who put Great Whites in the ocean! And let's not overlook Neil (even if he is a good ol' boy from Texas!)!

Be careful with the order you activate and deactivate mods, and mixing mods. It can result in CTD and sometimes you have to reinstall everything.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 09-10-09 at 06:52 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 03:48 AM   #4
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Downloads Try this.

Click this

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote