Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-20, 11:40 PM   #511
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Nuke Police arrest 14 after clashes in Portland

Quote:
Portland police said in a statement on Sunday they arrested 14 people overnight and that crowd control munitions were used to disperse protesters.
https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/...la-idOVCSH6C8B

Police said they declared a riot just before midnight on Saturday after a group of about 250 people, many of them wearing black and carrying shields, helmets and gas masks, tried to march on a government building that has often been the scene of violence during nearly three months of nightly protests.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 04:39 AM   #512
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ Merged

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 04:53 AM   #513
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Kenosha shooting: Protests erupt after US police shoot black man

Protests have erupted in the US state of Wisconsin after police shot a black man several times while responding to what they said was a domestic incident.

The man, identified as Jacob Blake, is in a serious condition in hospital.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53886070

Old 08-24-20, 04:48 PM   #514
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Video shows Blake being grabbed by his shirt from behind, then the cop shooting Blake in the back at least 7 times.
"Justified"? impossible to imagine any way that his shooting was justified.

"Anyone following the news for the past six months, and the past six years, has seen a numbing succession of these stories: An unarmed black person, usually a man or boy, is shot by police. There’s a good chance he has his back turned when multiple shots are fired. The incident is caught on video. There are demonstrations demanding reforms. Then some days or weeks later, in another city, the whole thing plays out again."

And they call demonstrations against such police action "anarchy"? This is clear racism. Time to wake up for all, what the hell is wrong over there?

Last edited by Catfish; 08-24-20 at 05:02 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 05:32 PM   #515
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I see it as a domestic problem and it shall be solved
by the Americans them self.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 05:55 PM   #516
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

This is some dumb @ss B.S. we've got going here because the democrats have to get their way.

How about don't ignore what the Police are telling you to do, and then reach into your vehicle for "something".

I know better than to try reaching for something in my vehicle during a traffic stop, it wouldn't matter what color my skin is.
Old 08-24-20, 06:41 PM   #517
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
.....How about don't ignore what the Police are telling you to do, and then reach into your vehicle for "something".

I know better than to try reaching for something in my vehicle during a traffic stop, it wouldn't matter what color my skin is.
That is the elephant in the room about this shooting.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 06:06 AM   #518
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53897641

The troubles have gone on for a second night so this doesn't look like it is going to die down any time soon.

Is seven shots not a little too excessive?

Old 08-25-20, 12:58 PM   #519
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Video shows Blake being grabbed by his shirt from behind, then the cop shooting Blake in the back at least 7 times.
"Justified"? impossible to imagine any way that his shooting was justified.

"Anyone following the news for the past six months, and the past six years, has seen a numbing succession of these stories: An unarmed black person, usually a man or boy, is shot by police. There’s a good chance he has his back turned when multiple shots are fired. The incident is caught on video. There are demonstrations demanding reforms. Then some days or weeks later, in another city, the whole thing plays out again."

And they call demonstrations against such police action "anarchy"? This is clear racism. Time to wake up for all, what the hell is wrong over there?

Clearly you don't understand how this works. When the police are called to a domestic disturbance and they cannot get the suspect to cooperate, when the suspect ignores their orders, and lunges into his car like this idiot did, the officers' degree of risk goes off the scale. He has every right to shoot the guy. What if he just watched and the guy pulled a pistol out from his front seat and started shooting the officer? Then the officer can respond?

Do you need me to post some examples of times when a cop hesitated and then was shot?

Yeah, time for some more peaceful protests, board up the Apple store and sneaker shops.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 02:07 PM   #520
Catfish

Blake may have been a thug or not, from a certain point on in the past i do not believe any US media anymore when it comes to police shootings, this is true for all sides involved.
So maybe Blake tried to evade, we do not know what he said, maybe he was ordered to get his papers out of the car, or maybe something completely different and he had an MG attached to his driver's seat, along with his three children in the car. Still possible of course.

On the other side three policemen, three guns, three tasers, three cans pepper spray, trained to tackle fleeing criminals from behind. Then grabbing a T-shirt instead of kicking his legs aside, securing him on the ground and tie his hands. Instead seven (or more) shots from behind, in self defence?
He still lives as far as i read.

edit:
What I read in different reports, which may all be wrong, is that Blake went out of the car to tell his son on the lawn to go into the car to the other kids, and then went to two women who were argueing and fighting. He was reportedly attempting to calm them down, according to multiple witnesses who spoke to local reporters. Blake was not part of the women's argument that precipitated the call to the police.

Mr. White is the one who saw the scene filmed the last seconds:

"After stepping away and coming back", White said "the scene drastically changed". Police were wrestling with Blake.

Then "One of them [police] had him [Blake] in a headlock and was punching him in his ribs, the other had him in a headlock on the other side of him and was pulling his arm."

"After they punched him in his rib, the female officer Tased him and Jacob kind of leaned on the car and they proceeded to wrestle him toward the back of the car and he went to the other side of the car."

This is when White begins to record the video.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-25-20 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-25-20, 02:31 PM   #521
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Oh please, I don't believe for a minute the police were looking for an excuse to shoot him by telling him to get his papers. They aren't Gestapo and they aren't the Argentinian police. You can see from the phone video he's not cooperating and isn't "not doin nuttin", he's not cooperating and escalating the situation and for all we know made a grab for the cops weapons when he lunged for the car door.

Taze him, kick his feet out from under him as he's walking away? Do you think that would have been perceived as anything other than police brutality? I'm sorry he's been shot and likely paralyzed, but I hold him largely responsible for that by his own behavior.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 02:50 PM   #522
Catfish

^ True, something does not add up in those contradictory reports.
The papers thing is just an invention or theory i do not believe in.

If you look at him as a thug trying to get away ...
or if you look at him as someone who was trying to calm down the women and then get back to his kids..
No idea, i better stop speculating.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-25-20, 03:45 PM   #523
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ True, something does not add up in those contradictory reports.
The papers thing is just an invention or theory i do not believe in.

If you look at him as a thug trying to get away ...
or if you look at him as someone who was trying to calm down the women and then get back to his kids..
No idea, i better stop speculating.

When cops have their guns drawn and pointing at you and they are yelling at you to stop then you had better stop don't you think?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 05:03 PM   #524
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yep, and every day hundreds of black men make the decision to comply with the officer, to stay calm, and don't get shot. It's the really stupid people who act like this and draw the short stick.

Just look at this spectator video
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...66797060771842

And make sure you turn the volume ALL the way up for the full effect.
My god, can you imagine having to deal with this mob? Screeching and screaming, their small children wandering in and around the scene. How would you describe this behavior?

This will happen again, as long as people violate other people, break the law, steal and assault others, and fight with the cops.

Again, our country's soft-headed justice system is the underlying cause for this, this guy should have been in prison instead of on the street at all.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 07:16 PM   #525
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

What happens if a black man shoots a little white boy riding his bike in his yard point blank on purpose?

Oh wait a minute that was last month old news, uh?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
police, riots