SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-20, 06:49 AM   #5101
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Heart, hear. This is what ESPEN (European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism) has to say.

Sufficient supplementation with vitamin A, vitamin D and other micronutrients should be ensured. As part of a general nutritional approach for viral infections prevention is supplementation and / or adequate provision of vitamins to potentially reduce disease negative impact.
In general, low levels or intakes of micronutrients such as vitamins A, E, B6 and B12, Zn and Se have been associated with adverse clinical outcomes during viral infections. This notion has been confirmed in a recent review from Lei Zhang and Yunhui Liu who proposed that besides vitamins A and D also B vitamins, vitamin C, omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as selenium, zinc and iron should be considered in the assessment of micronutrients in COVID-19 patients.

ESPEN experts thus suggest to ensure the provision of daily allowances for vitamins and trace elements to malnourished patients at risk for or with COVID-19, aimed at maximizing general anti-infection nutritional defense.

On Espen, from Wikipedia:
The European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN) is an organization in the field of parenteral and enteral nutrition and promotes basic and clinical research, basic and advanced education, organization of consensus statements about clinical care and care quality control. In 1979 an informal meeting laid the foundations of ESPEN, deciding to create a multidisciplinary society devoted to the study of metabolic problems associated with acute diseases and their nutritional implications and management. ESPEN was formally established in 1980 as the European Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. It later changed its name to the European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism.
Congress meetings are held every year in a different European city[1] and gather over 3,000 participants from 82 different countries.[2]
A bimonthly journal named Clinical Nutrition, which goes along with Clinical Nutrition Supplements and an electronic journal e-SPEN are the society's official publications, published by Elsevier.[3]
European Parenteral and Enteral National Societies support ESPEN in the form of block members, e.g. the British,[4] German,[5] French,[6] and Austrian societies.[7]
Under the umbrella of ESPEN, many ongoing projects are supported by its members, such as NutritionDay,[8] Home Artificial Nutrition, and Fight Against Malnutrition.[9]

When preparing the pill box with the week's stocks, I do not think of it as medicine or drugs, because it isn'T that. I prepare food, nhutrition, when filling the box.

And here is a food for thought: Did you know that in the past 100 years the vitamine content of oridunary apples has shrunk by factors from 5 to 7...? It slike this with so many things. Salad. Farming grounds (Selen deficits being very famous, in Europe practically no longer existent in farming soil). If your argzument against supplkements is that you eat original green stuff a lot like your ancient forfathers did, then you already went into the trap -ö you don't, and in mopst cases you cannot. By volume and counts yo9u eat what they ate, maybe, but by nurtrients content you lag behind them tremendously, by many factors. You are deficient. Potatoes. Carrots. Take what you want, chances are it has seen a massive, substantial nutrional degradation in the past 100 years.

Eating orgi8nal food neverthelss, sitll is reölevant, becasue there are the amny socalled cofactors: inredients that counmt by the hundreds and that interact and support the nutrioents you may take by pill. They support the biologivcal availability and resorbtion, some also help physiclaly, not bio-chemically, by supporting for exampel digestion. You cannot repalce all eating by swallong drips and pills and poils. But you should really consider a solid supplementation of your ordinary food.

I am in for a series of dental operations over th ecoming months. My dentist recommended me to boost my reserves in Vitmaine C and D and K, also Zinc and Magnesium, and to con sider Calcium. She was very d,leoighted that as a ciosnequence of Corona I already run an intensive supplementation, amongst that the mentione dones. Her thinkling was only about the wounds in my mouth, and the healign of the jawbone.

Ironcially, quite some of my present (immense) dental problems may stem from - life-long undersupply with various nutrients...

Last edited by Skybird; 10-15-20 at 07:00 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 08:11 AM   #5102
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Chinese say Liverpool revellers ‘a bunch of lunatics’

Russia has recorded 286 Covid deaths, the highest number of fatalities since the start of the epidemic.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says imposing tighter controls could prevent huge numbers of lives being lost in Europe.

Jordan is to resume a two-day lockdown from midnight tonight, following a recent rise in coronavirus cases.

Schools in Uganda have reopened for final year students, seven months after all education institutions in the country were closed.

The Czech Republic's Interior Minister Jan Hamacek says the army will begin building a 500-bed emergency field hospital at Prague's Letnany exhibition grounds on Saturday.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 08:15 AM   #5103
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Scientists at Oxford University say they have developed a coronavirus test that can identify the virus in under five minutes.

Oxford University hopes to start making the devices in early 2021 and then have it approved six months after that.

It’s hoped that it could be used at businesses and airports.

Old 10-15-20, 01:39 PM   #5104
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Greater Manchester's mayor rejects the UK government's plan to place the region in the highest level of coronavirus restrictions.

London will have tougher restrictions from Saturday, including a ban on households mixing.

Essex, Elmbridge in Surrey, Barrow-in-Furness, York, North East Derbyshire, Erewash and Chesterfield are to be placed in Tier 2

Travellers arriving in the UK from Italy, Vatican City and San Marino must self-isolate for 14 days from Sunday.

The World Health Organization says rise of cases in European countries "raises great concern"

The European Commission has called on countries to step up their preparations.

Officials in the US and Germany say the latest upsurge in infections is due to people not observing basic rules.

There are 38.4 million confirmed Covid-19 cases worldwide, with 1.09 million deaths.

Old 10-15-20, 03:10 PM   #5105
Skybird
Soaring

Germany praised itself for how it dealt with the pandemic in the early phase during Spring and early Summer. But now the nation has become a federal rag-rug of actionism and selfish opportunism of political key personnell eyeing the next elections. I fail to see the logic behind how Corona numbers now steeply rising get tried to be tackled. Also, many people behave incrdibly stupid and antisocial. I think it will become a very grim time ahead, and it will be regional politicians' and minister presidents guilt. This second wave, still denied by some fools, will become more intense than he first one. It must not be that the number of deaths gets higher than in spring, but more people will become affected. The wave will also last much longer.

Regional lockdowns I do not rule out anymore. I have started to mark the items on my list with stockpiled basic goods like H-milk and such, and fill empty slots up again.

And we have finally, finally!!, dried yeast gain.

Also stockpiling nuts for my little squirrel friends out there.
Old 10-15-20, 03:51 PM   #5106
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I shake my head not because what other people write or do, but because I don't know exactly why we are witness to this suddenly increase of cases here in Europe and around the world

I do know, it's not due to one thing but many things together.

Another example is how this Corona is spreading among the minks in the Danish mink farms.

The health authorities detect corona infection among a mink herd. Few days later another minkfarm 25-30 km from first place...

Hmm how can corona travel 25-30 km on so short of time only in a few days when the owner and other employees are put in quarantine-not allowed to leave the house for 14 days.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 04:18 PM   #5107
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I shake my head not because what other people write or do, but because I don't know exactly why we are witness to this suddenly increase of cases here in Europe and around the world

I do know, it's not due to one thing but many things together.

Another example is how this Corona is spreading among the minks in the Danish mink farms.

The health authorities detect corona infection among a mink herd. Few days later another minkfarm 25-30 km from first place...

Hmm how can corona travel 25-30 km on so short of time only in a few days when the owner and other employees are put in quarantine-not allowed to leave the house for 14 days.

Markus
Spiritually Markus ... it's happening because all things are spiritual. Birds of a feather flock together ... The spirit is invisible to you, but it travels in a spirit world to gather with it's kind.

Birds, animals humans makes no difference except to the spirit world it lives in.

Now for the other news Jim brought up ... this is the future a quicker way to decide who can go to the theater or the church or the pub or bowling or to the concert or football games is on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
Scientists at Oxford University say they have developed a coronavirus test that can identify the virus in under five minutes.

Oxford University hopes to start making the devices in early 2021 and then have it approved six months after that.

It’s hoped that it could be used at businesses and airports.
Remember "Big Brother" is going to start watching you even more and more
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 05:53 PM   #5108
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

We could repackage these and rename them Skybird wipes, uh?

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 06:22 PM   #5109
Skybird
Soaring

^ Or voting ballots.
Old 10-16-20, 04:20 AM   #5110
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-16-20, 04:28 AM   #5111
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A flight carrying about 300 passengers from New Zealand to Australia under a new so-called "travel bubble" has landed in Sydney.

New coronavirus restrictions are coming into force in several European regions and countries as Covid infections surge.

France reported a jump of more than 30,000 new Covid-19 cases ahead of a night-time curfew being imposed on Paris and eight other cities.

The Spanish region of Catalonia has introduced tough new measures, including closing some bars and restaurants.

Poland, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland have also introduced additional measures.

Divisions between the government and local leaders in England are "very dangerous" and harming the ability to control the disease, a scientist warns.

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has defended the three-tier restrictions, saying they are necessary to avoid a "severe" national lockdown.

It comes as millions more people in England will move to the second highest tier of restrictions - high alert - from Saturday.

Old 10-16-20, 04:39 AM   #5112
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In the US, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden said in a town hall campaign meeting in Philadelphia that Donald Trump had refused to boost efforts to combat the virus even after testing positive: "What's he doing? Nothing. He's still not wearing masks."
President Trump, at a separate event in Miami, rejected criticism of his handling of the pandemic, saying he had done an "amazing" job.

In China, a coronavirus vaccine has been found to be safe and to trigger immune responses in combined early and mid-stage trials.

The Netherlands has closed bars and restaurants as cases there surge. Hospitals in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are under pressure from new Covid patients. Hospitals in western Germany have readied spare beds to take Dutch patients if necessary, as happened early on in the crisis.

New infections are also rising rapidly in Germany: the latest official daily figure is 7,334 cases, up from 6,638 on Thursday. Germany has declared many neighbouring countries and regions to be "high risk", including the whole of France and the Netherlands, and parts of Italy and Switzerland. Germans returning from there will have to quarantine.

Ireland now has a four-week national restriction on household visits, except for attending to medical and care needs. Chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan said Covid-19 in Ireland was "not in control" – that is, the current track-and-trace system could not keep up with it.

Austria has imposed a quarantine on Kuchl, a town of 6,600 inhabitants in the Salzburg region, because of a Covid cluster there. It is the first such measure in Austria for months.

France faces one last evening before a night curfew takes effect in Paris and eight other cities. The number of new cases in 24 hours reached 30,621 on Thursday – a new record.

Old 10-16-20, 09:14 AM   #5113
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-16-20, 09:15 AM   #5114
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-16-20, 02:29 PM   #5115
Skybird
Soaring

Low zinc levels at clinical admission associates with poor outcomes in COVID-19

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....07.20208645v1

Vitamine D + C + A + Zinc + Magnesium + Selene, probably also + Iod + Omega 3 = an all new Corona ball game to your advantage. The only thing in these that has a real price tag, is a good Omega 3/EPA/DHA, the others are so cheap that basically they are "almost free".

Think of it. "Almost free"

Thats why no clinical trials are being done, thats why the pharmaceutical industry does not talk about it, thats why Germans get pepperd with warnings of how dangerous supplements are.

Next time you buy stocks of pharmaceutical producers and health care providers, think of that ethical implication. When I did in stocks until two years ago, I avoided these (and some others). Your profit comes at the cost of patients' interest. Your profit comes at the cost of people's interest. For me this was important enough so to not touch these, although I could probably have made some gains with some of them. Like I never considered stocks of war-goods and weapons producers. Thats the bad thing about trading stocks and being a private investor. It can too easily corrupt your character, its already bad if you are clueless, and its worse if you know about it - and just do not care.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-16-20 at 02:42 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan