Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-22, 12:14 PM   #1801
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Wonder what the Kremlin will said about that. A pigeon strike on a Mi-24/34 ?

Old 03-05-22, 12:25 PM   #1802
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Found an interesting article in a Danish newspaper about implement a no-fly zone and why it's a very bad idea

Quote:
Russian President Vladimir Putin was also very clear in his speech to the outside world , as he as a whole press conference today related to a potential no-fly zone over Ukraine.

"We will see any movement in that direction as an active participation in the acts of war from that country," was the warning from President Putin.

"And then we do not care what they may be members of," Putin said.
https://www-dr-dk.translate.goog/nyh..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-05-22, 12:50 PM   #1803
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-05-22, 01:39 PM   #1804
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Yes he's mad enough to do it

Quote:
That’s why I reached out to Fiona Hill, one of America’s most clear-eyed Russia experts, someone who has studied Putin for decades, worked in both Republican and Democratic administrations and has a reputation for truth-telling, earned when she testified during impeachment hearings for her former boss, President Donald Trump.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...there-00012340

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-05-22, 02:30 PM   #1805
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Putin pouting over sanctions I read, claiming they are very similar to declarations of war. Well, mr. Putin, don't look at them that way, see them as... an economical special operation.

Wonder how long his bling bling and ching ching buddies stick with him or if they will do a Brutus on him.
Old 03-05-22, 02:33 PM   #1806
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Scammers are flooding the net, probably russian. I have had 3 today, and a lady on FB found 500 in her email after 3 days. I had one from 'amazon' ' photobucket and my bank, which wasnt.

I am wondering if its safe to continue using Kaspersky Total Security????
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 03-05-22, 04:05 PM   #1807
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
Very good find! Very good background analysis. She is way beyond my own thoughts, but as far as I was in my own thinking, I came to the same results in recent days. Debating with here would be very boring for me, since there is nothing we would disagree over on this topic.
And yes, he will do it if he find its needed to do it.

Nato, the West, the World better get their acts together. Fast and qickly and unforgivingly determined. The next shortsighted stupid businessman telling me he waits and prepares for the time when he can return his business to Russia, will taste my fist. I do not want to see normalisation of business with Russia for the remaining lifetime on mine.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-05-22 at 04:20 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 03-05-22, 04:09 PM   #1808
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Can BRDM-2's stand up to grenades and small arms fire?
Old 03-05-22, 04:14 PM   #1809
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
Quote:
Those old historical patterns include Western businesses who fail to see how they help build a tyrant’s war chest
Sad but true. If there is a weak spot to capitalism, it's this.

If there is a weak spot to democracy, it's that the democracies allowed whole swaths of the earth and billions of people to exist within dictatorships and totalitarian regimes.
Old 03-05-22, 04:17 PM   #1810
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Can BRDM-2's stand up to grenades and small arms fire?
To some degrees, yes, else they would be completely useless, because of much use they are not. But any callibre bigger than that already are big dangers for them. Usually they are meant to do recce by getting blown up by a Panzerfaust-style weapon or so, and the generals back home making a cross on the map and then know where the enemy is. Thin-skinned, and almost blind crew inside of it. You seem to see not much from inside them.
Beyond recce they are used as platforms to mount some ATGMs on them.
Their best defence is that they are so small.
Old 03-05-22, 04:33 PM   #1811
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Very good find! Very good background analysis. She is way beyond my own thoughts, but as far as I was in my own thinking, I came to the same results in recent days. Debating with here would be very boring for me, since there is nothing we would disagree over on this topic.
And yes, he will do it if he find its needed to do it.

Nato, the West, the World better get their acts together. Fast and qickly and unforgivingly determined. The next shortsighted stupid businessman telling me he waits and prepares for the time when he can return his business to Russia, will taste my fist. I do not want to see normalisation of business with Russia for the remaining lifetime on mine.
That is what scares me too..Then I remembered him saying that the Ukrainian are in fact Russian and would he in his madness throw a nuke on them-His own people the Russians ?

However I'm not an expert in psychology or in strategic thinking so he could if things goes against him to much in Ukraine-throw one to two tactical nukes somewhere in Ukraine.
If he decide to do so I think he will throw them in none populated areas.

What kind of nuke will he use.
I'm 99 % sure he will use small tactical nukes.
Today there's a variety of nukes-Some with massive destruction and minimal radiation while others have small destruction-massive radiation like the neutron bomb.

I truly hope I'm wrong.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-05-22, 04:43 PM   #1812
Skybird
Soaring

Even "tactical" nukes usually are several times stronger than the bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

And would he do it to his own people? They are his people like my pawns on the chessboard are my friends. And if one of them has some smear on it that irks and bruns my fingers' skin, I throw it away and replace it. So much for friendship. Remember what I wrote about how the psychopathic personality ticks? It lacks the needed preconditons to feel moral scruples or empathy. It does not know what that is, that it exists. But it sees that others seem to care for it, align their behaviour with it, and so uses it to manipulate or blackmail them. Without remorse, without regret, without scruples. All these are just words without meaning, mean nothing for a psychopathic personality. When I press a light button, I do not care for the poashics backgroudns and technology, I only expect that the light goes on, and if it doesn't, I get angry. I dont tlak wo my light swtiches, nor do I ask them for their wellbeing and hopes for thei future. They have ti funciton the way I demand it from a light switch. And thats all there is in a light switch.

Moden diagnostic manuals have altered, deleted, changed the old nomenclatura on the "psychoppath". A lot of diagnostic criteria have been altered over the past decades, sometimes for reasons that were scientifcally founded and indeed made sense, sometimes for reasons of politcial correctness quite often. Sometimes these changes make sense, sometimes not. In case of certain concpets of the so-called (in German) triadic psychatric system, that is seen as not relevant anymore, I regret it. It had some simple, straight amounts of reason and ratio attached to it, and focussed on pragmatic categorization, not on endless worries to not discriminate by diagnosis. Everything can be exaggerated.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-05-22 at 04:54 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 03-05-22, 05:00 PM   #1813
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you for your answer Skybird.

As I see it the only solution to our problem is that some very brave Russian near Putin does what is needed if Putin goes totally bananas and gives the order. Eliminate him in one way or the other.

Does this brave person exist ?

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-05-22, 05:20 PM   #1814
Skybird
Soaring

Those Russians "near Putin" all are the same criminal nationalist scum, unscrup0ulous and murderous.

Meanwhile we pay Putins war still, day for day for day. We diretcly pay for it by sitll buying Russian ore, oil, gas. And Opec, this as cirnjhal cartel, refuses to help bringing down the pil price by producsing more, so that the poil Putin sells to us becasue we still buy it, gets sold for a tasty opriuce, which helps to finance the war.

A total boycott of everything is morally commanded. Now. And yes, I knwo that this would hit especialy germany exactly right. But 80 yera sago our forefathers went into the Ukraine and mowed them down with machine pistols and tank guns, now we pay Russia to do it again. That makes me sick. Again we stand on the wrong side of history's team lineups. Again we play for team Malice. The dyiong happens now. That we plan to not do business with them in a few years when we have replaced all and evertyhing, does not brign back the dead or rebuild the cities.

That is of course true not just for Germany, but for other Western countries as well, inclduing the US (somethign that Biden opportunistically happens to forget to mention quite often...) that also still does certain businesses with Russia. But in case of Germany it is our history with the Ukraine that additonally comes into play, and of course the sheer ammount to whicb we still pay them moeny for their war of attack now.

Shame.
Old 03-05-22, 05:27 PM   #1815
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Some years ago Denmark was self-sufficient when it came to oil and gas.

Then the former government decided to shut down the only gas field we have the Thyra field. Reason behind this should be that Russian gas was a lot cheaper than the Danish.

Some weeks ago the sitting government have decided to reopen this Thyra field-The problem is...it will take about a year before this platform can send gas to the Danish west coast again.

So it's not only your German politicians who is short termed thinker.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Closed Thread