SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-13, 01:17 AM   #1
sabot
Watch

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0
Default Third Grade...The hardest five years of my life

I just got back in to the Sim. Just for my understanding,

1.5 is the latest for SH5. Patch to 1.4 and buy 1.5 to give you the Uboats.

TMO and RFB don't play well together, or with anyone else EXCEPT for RSRD. OMv720 can only be played on the Vanilla version

Don't install SH4 into any program directory. Create your own directly into the "C" drive and install in there. In Theroy, and you can install Vanilla SH4, then create folders to play TMO or RFB versions. You just have to rename your shortcuts.

All saved games get dumped into the same SH4 folder, so make sure you have a naming convention to select your game for the MOD you're playing.

I guess the only question I have is that if a MOD doesn't have TMO or RFB compatible, it all get's dumped into the Vanilla JGSME

Thanks for your help and patience
sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 02:24 AM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

I didn't really detect a question in your first message. So I guess all you are after is a confirmation of the above. Confirmation granted!

[Edit]Some mods may not have an explicit statement of compatibility with the major mods. But that doesn't mean they are incompatible. When in doubt: try enabling, test, and keep or remove.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 02:29 AM   #3
Capt_Morgan
Bosun

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabot View Post
I just got back in to the Sim. Just for my understanding,

TMO and RFB don't play well together, or with anyone else EXCEPT for RSRD. OMv720 can only be played on the Vanilla version

Don't install SH4 into any program directory. Create your own directly into the "C" drive and install in there. In Theroy, and you can install Vanilla SH4, then create folders to play TMO or RFB versions. You just have to rename your shortcuts.

All saved games get dumped into the same SH4 folder, so make sure you have a naming convention to select your game for the MOD you're playing.

I guess the only question I have is that if a MOD doesn't have TMO or RFB compatible, it all get's dumped into the Vanilla JGSME

Thanks for your help and patience
I take you mean SH4 in the first few sentences as SH5 is already uboat.
If you want the uboats in SH4 easily I suggest you get SH4 Gold as it already has the uboat expansion and only one serial number. Mine works fine in C:\SH4Gold folder.

I don't do/use mods so I cant help there.
Capt_Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:30 AM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabot View Post
If you have 1.5 you don't need to patch to 1.4 first. Version 1.5 contains all the previous patches. Easier to buy the complete SH4 Gold, which is fully patched through 1.5.

Quote:
That is because TMO and RFB are completely separate supermods, and both overwrite and change many of the same files. The same is true for GFO and FOTRS. RSRDC is an add-on that only changes campaign files, though there are custom versions designed to work with a specific supermod.

Quote:
True. Installing MultiSH4 will make it much easier to manage the different folders. There are two versions, one for 1.4 and one for 1.5

Quote:
MultiSH4 fixes that.

Quote:
Some mods will work with one supermod or the other, but doesn't say so in the readme. JSGME lets you try one or the other with whatever supermod you want. If it doesn't work, JSGME lets you remove it again.