SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-08, 03:08 AM   #736
xristoskaiti
Lieutenant

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

demand....... I want a Mediteraneo Campaigns...... I believe that it is easy to become...with the existing files, other important they is that it can be much more realistic than
Atlantic Campaigns
xristoskaiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-08, 06:40 AM   #737
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xristoskaiti
demand....... I want a Mediteraneo Campaigns...... I believe that it is easy to become...with the existing files, other important they is that it can be much more realistic than
Atlantic Campaigns
Currently working on V500 that will give you what you want. Here part of the new readme

Operation Monsun
“Mare Nostrum”
Version 500

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 500 “Mare Nostrum” covers the operations of Uboats under the control of the 23rd/29th Flotillas in the Mediterranean during the period of September 1941 to September 1944. You will see all the major British re-supply missions that were executed after Sept 41 (i.e. Operation SUBSTANCE, MINCEMEAT, HALBERD, HARPOON, VIGOROUS, PEDESTAL, STONEAGE, PORTCULLIS and QUADRANGLE) along with the various aircraft supply convoys, and the allied invasions of Africa, Italy and Southern France. OM v500 includes all older versions on OM (Action in the North Atlantic, BdU’s coastal submarine operations, Operation Paukenschlag and Operation Monsun)
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-08, 07:42 AM   #738
xristoskaiti
Lieutenant

Downloads: 456

Currently working on V500 that will give you what you want.

Great to hear
xristoskaiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-08, 10:52 AM   #739
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xristoskaiti
Atlantic Campaigns
Currently working on V500 that will give you what you want. Here part of the new readme

Operation Monsun

“Mare Nostrum”

Version 500

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 500 “Mare Nostrum” covers the operations of Uboats under the control of the 23rd/29th Flotillas in the Mediterranean during the period of September 1941 to September 1944. You will see all the major British re-supply missions that were executed after Sept 41 (i.e. Operation SUBSTANCE, MINCEMEAT, HALBERD, HARPOON, VIGOROUS, PEDESTAL, STONEAGE, PORTCULLIS and QUADRANGLE) along with the various aircraft supply convoys, and the allied invasions of Africa, Italy and Southern France. OM v500 includes all older versions on OM (Action in the North Atlantic, BdU’s coastal submarine operations, Operation Paukenschlag and Operation Monsun)

WOW!!! Lurker, your mods along with PE4 and TMO makes SH4 a truly superb subsim. I can't wait for V500.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 02:31 AM   #740
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Operation Monsun
“Mare Nostrum”
Version 500

Great, can't wait
Old 10-23-08, 03:26 AM   #741
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I ditto that!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 06:01 PM   #742
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default Deck Gun Has No Effect

I have just added Op Mo V400 with patch. I have fired point blank ate a small merchant and a medium tanker with absolutely no effect, 50 rounds and the tanker was unharmed, not even a small fire, one torpedo sank it. Ditto the small freighter, anyone else having this problem?
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 07:17 PM   #743
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreed
I have just added Op Mo V400 with patch. I have fired point blank ate a small merchant and a medium tanker with absolutely no effect, 50 rounds and the tanker was unharmed, not even a small fire, one torpedo sank it. Ditto the small freighter, anyone else having this problem?
For best results, use the "Aim at Waterline" option when firing the main deckgun.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 11:30 PM   #744
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83

Quote:
Quote:
For best results, use the "Aim at Waterline" option when firing the main deckgun.
I did that for about half the shots, went for the splash and the flash as much as possible but nothing, then I shot for th engine room and super structure to see if I could get any damage, nothing happened. I am looking for a file I can check to see if it was corrupted during install, if anyone has any suggestions where to look I would appreciate it.
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-08, 12:53 AM   #745
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I did that for about half the shots, went for the splash and the flash as much as possible but nothing, then I shot for th engine room and super structure to see if I could get any damage, nothing happened. I am looking for a file I can check to see if it was corrupted during install, if anyone has any suggestions where to look I would appreciate it.
What other mods do you have. In some cases damaging a previously damaged compartment, say by torpedo, will not cause the HP to flood any more, but begin to degrade ship HP, which will take a long time. In RFB 1.52 you can only sink a ship by flooding it, meaning only shots below the water line will cause more water to be taken on.
Old 10-27-08, 10:15 PM   #746
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default use a single install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What other mods do you have. In some cases damaging a previously damaged compartment, say by torpedo, will not cause the HP to flood any more, but begin to degrade ship HP, which will take a long time. In RFB 1.52 you can only sink a ship by flooding it, meaning only shots below the water line will cause more water to be taken on.
if possible make a unique install for playing op monsun.... it helps a lot

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 08:10 AM   #747
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

I'm still very early into my Campaign (1940) due to the limited amount of time I have each week to play the game. When do I start to see convoys rather than just single ships?
Old 10-29-08, 01:11 PM   #748
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
I'm still very early into my Campaign (1940) due to the limited amount of time I have each week to play the game. When do I start to see convoys rather than just single ships?
Not absolutely sure of the start of the convoys but I have run across them in 9/41. They are there, keep looking and use the wonderful Intel maps in the support folders.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 01:18 PM   #749
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Cool. Will do. Thanks.
Old 10-30-08, 06:43 PM   #750
lurker_hlb3
Admiral